No.
  It was okay.
  I s'pose.
  Who cares.
View Results

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:27 pm
Note to mods:

I know this is a video posting, but I thought that it was moreso a discussion about the message of the video and not the video itself, so I'm posting it here. However, feel free to move it to the multimedia section if necessary.

Anywho, I was browsing youtube today and found this video. I really don't know exactly what event he is addressing - i.e. when, where, etc... And some of you might have seen this before - especially since it was on the news. But, despite his general satirical nature toward the subculture, when it really comes down to it, Voltaire did a very good job representing the subculture, in my opinion. He was very well spoken and got the point across clearly. I really liked his comments on "rap murder" or "country murder".

I'm just curious to know what everyone else thinks about this short discussion with the dark entertainer.

Discuss, etc...

View the video here

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:39 pm
Well, damn. In my own opinion, he did just fine. But, that`s only my opinion. He represented pretty much what was necessary to be represented. Yeah... I am probably sounding like an idiot now.  

Mage The Red

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Al-aaraaf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:54 pm
Vampire Kurix
Well, damn. In my own opinion, he did just fine. But, that`s only my opinion. He represented pretty much what was necessary to be represented. Yeah... I am probably sounding like an idiot now.

Not at all, based on what I know of Goth he did quite well in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:07 pm
I loved this. I really did, and it's just a shame that only so many people have seen it. I also liked the rap and country murders thing. It just proves how people will sit there and assume things about what is unfamiliar to them.

Now I guess I can't just say that his music is fantastic. whee  

x Socks x

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:20 pm
This is one of my favorite video clips of all time. I saw it a few months ago, and I think Voltaire did an excellent job. Why? Because he didn't get into details. He put things as simply and broadly as possible. He was specific enough that it didn't leave room for argument, nor did he focus on small, pointless details which would seem superfluous. He was intelligent without seeming like he was putting on a show, he was simple without seeming like he was condescending.

It was, simply put, a well handled interview.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:30 pm
Arigato, Merci, and Thanks. I don't want to seem stupid while tring to explain something.  

Mage The Red

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:42 pm
GilAskan
This is one of my favorite video clips of all time. I saw it a few months ago, and I think Voltaire did an excellent job. Why? Because he didn't get into details. He put things as simply and broadly as possible. He was specific enough that it didn't leave room for argument, nor did he focus on small, pointless details which would seem superfluous. He was intelligent without seeming like he was putting on a show, he was simple without seeming like he was condescending.

It was, simply put, a well handled interview.

Exactly my sentiments.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:33 pm
I seen that before, he PWND them XD  

Zarl

Magnetic Sex Symbol

x Socks x

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:37 pm
Is that all there is on that particular subject? I'd like to know what brought up the title "Goth Murder Madness." Like, if someone said some s**t like, "OMG it's because he was goth!" Not sure if that was ever brought up in that news piece or not. It'd be a goot bit of information, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:54 pm
I think he did very well. He has always been very good at explaining things to people.  

Lady Detarra

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:21 pm
Very well-handled 3nodding
I'm slightly upset that the reporter asked about a correlation of the subculture to satanism, but I understand his reasons... after all (I'm not certain where I got this quote from, but I can't rightly take credit for it),
"He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes... he who doesn't ask is a fool forever."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:44 pm
Dead Ed
Very well-handled 3nodding
I'm slightly upset that the reporter asked about a correlation of the subculture to satanism, but I understand his reasons... after all (I'm not certain where I got this quote from, but I can't rightly take credit for it),
"He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes... he who doesn't ask is a fool forever."

I'm glad he asked it, because it gave Voltaire a chance to tackle the question head-on.
Reporters don't always ask things because they personally think the question is important. It's their job to tackle issues that they think viewers would like to ask if given the opportunity. In this case, there were a lot of viewers equating gothdom with Satanism... and the interview covered a lot more ground this way than it would if this hadn't been mentioned.  

Veruniel
Crew

TheVampireLirel

IRL Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:37 pm
Ah, the Dyleski case, I remember that. That was some time ago (a bit over a year now), and I believe the video still up at his own site?
It was all over the local news when it happened, since I live close enough.
I like the pun in the title. XD

Voltaire wins at life.
heart  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:59 am
User Image remember that day in paris..

I find that interview very inspiring. He's done a very good job at defending our sub culture against the biased and media propoganda of a 'goth murder'. Or in other words.. he totally owned them. cool

..when we wandered through the rain User Image

Suicide Lollies

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:26 am
Suicide Lollies
User Image remember that day in paris..

I find that interview very inspiring. He's done a very good job at defending our sub culture against the biased and media propoganda of a 'goth murder'. Or in other words.. he totally owned them. cool

..when we wandered through the rain User Image
Fluffy agrees. 3nodding

(haha, I'm using third person)  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out