Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
My biology teacher...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CursedRose.exe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:29 pm
A tear falls; reality is cruel, isn't it?

One year, she received lab papers written like text messages.

I'm talking like, "4" instead of "four" and other such internet slang.

Just the thought of it made me a bit sick. I mean, who writes an entire LAB PAPER like that? gonk

You saw the season's final colors...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:06 pm
If I was a teacher and was handed that I would just shred it and give the student a zero.  

dark_elf

Aubrey Nicole

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:51 pm
dark_elf
If I was a teacher and was handed that I would just shred it and give the student a zero.

I would too... which is a good thing that I'm not going to be a teacher.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:41 am
Exactly! The classroom is no place for text talk. Such work deserves nothing but an "F".  

splashseal

Fluffy Bunny

19,225 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250

dark_elf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:40 am
dorkifiedchick
dark_elf

I would too... which is a good thing that I'm not going to be a teacher.
Yep, I'm not for teaching.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:44 pm
I would give the student an "F" and then keep it as an example of how not to do a lab. but that is just me. I mean, I'd rather have people see what not to do and then if they do it it would be shredded and given a zero. Then again, teaching science is not for me.  

Kinthia

Kaizoku-sensei

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:41 pm
You'd think that, at the very least, people wouldn't text talk on school work. That's just sad.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:00 pm
You'd think, but I've read notes and work from people in my English class and others and they use it in everything. It's rather sad.  

Kinthia

Nate McCloud

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:58 am
It's bad enough that people do it on the internet...but in school? That, in my humble opinion, is a sign of true stupidity and/or illiteracy.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:43 am
I understand using shortcuts when taking notes in classes. Sometimes you don't have enough time to write out "government" or "defendant" or "environmental" or whatever. I use abbreviations all of the time.

But that should be the only time you use abbreviations. When you turn in a paper, it should never use shortcuts or text talk. I hope your teacher gave them an F and made them re-do the paper. And then saved it to share with students the next year. "This is what you'd better not do if you know what's good for you..." 3nodding  

rae-chan-sensei

Lonely Kitten

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces