Reply TokyoPop Manga Guild
Read or Die ? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:01 am
Have any of you guys heard/seen this thing?
My boyfriend and I caught most of it last night on Adultswim and I liked it. Like to know more about it...according to him what we saw was the sumation of the OAVs.
And is this thing available as a manga also??  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:27 am
I've looked at some piccus of it in japanese Newtype magazines... I know nothing about it... but it rele doesnt seem to interest me that much... not much coming out lately rele has been.. gonk  

Misaki_Chii54
Crew

Masquanade
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:30 am
Mika Relie
Have any of you guys heard/seen this thing?
My boyfriend and I caught most of it last night on Adultswim and I liked it. Like to know more about it...according to him what we saw was the sumation of the OAVs.
And is this thing available as a manga also??

i caught it on last night to! i've seen the entire anime series which takes place after the OVAs occured. There is a manga, supposivly, but that's all I know. But the TV series is really good (though like the first half of it is kind of slow and then like half way throught it goes BAM speeds up and gets a lot better).  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:33 am
I have to admit...I like Agent Paper. She's a bit goofy but her power is really cool when you get to see it in action.  

Tobias Mule

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:19 pm
Mika Relie
I have to admit...I like Agent Paper. She's a bit goofy but her power is really cool when you get to see it in action.

wtf? They call her "Agent Paper"?!?!? IT'S "THE PAPER"!!! NYAAA! scream
Sorry, I just adore the way it's said in Japanese..."Za Peipa". whee Yeah, I saw that it was coming on, but I was deathly afraid of the dub. *shivers* I just knew it would be screwed up.

Anywho...Yeah, there's a manga, but it's kinda like novel/manga. I have a friend who was obsessed with ROD a couple years back and I found the first manga/novel on Gamers.com, got it for him and he was thrilled. Though I warn you, there is quite a bit of fan service in the manga. Also, there's a questionable yuri pair, involving Nenene and Yomiko. sweatdrop

If you watched the beginning where Yomiko is waking up and you see all those notes that say "Get up up up!" and similar thing like that. It's really, "Get up, Nenene". But Manga Corp translated it wrong, they translated it "Get up, ne ne ne". As in, "Hey hey hey, get up"....am I making sense?
domokun  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:46 pm
Neok- yes you're making sense. And yes it is suppose to be The Paper. I personally kind of like the anime a little bit more than the anime. I mean they're both kind of different. Who knows, eh? And the signs weren't translated right beacuse Nenene is a character in the anime series (I don't know if she pops up in the OVA . . . I didn't see her) so it would make sense if she left little notes to get Yomiko up.  

Masquanade
Crew

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:34 pm
Mmm... stare
It looks like I'll have to do more investigating...I wonder if this title is carried by Tokyopop?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:00 pm
Mika Relie
Mmm... stare
It looks like I'll have to do more investigating...I wonder if this title is carried by Tokyopop?

Nope, this has not been picked up by TP. Has not been picked up at all. sad  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

Masquanade
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:19 pm
Neko-Yousei
Mika Relie
Mmm... stare

sadly yes  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:00 am
Masquanade
Neko-Yousei
Mika Relie
Mmm... stare

sadly yes

stressed Dammit. And it looks so good too. What is wrong with these people? gonk  

Tobias Mule

Masquanade
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:43 pm
Mika Relie
Masquanade
Neko-Yousei
Mika Relie
Mmm... stare

sadly yes

stressed Dammit. And it looks so good too. What is wrong with these people? gonk
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:51 am
Hey everyone! My boyfriend and I rented the first DVD of ROD the series last night.
OMG! I loved it. blaugh Especially Anita. She seems like the brains of the Paper Sisters. 3nodding Michelle is the beauty and the ditz while Maggie is the brawn. Nenene is awesome too. She reminds me of Sanzo from Saiyuki. I can hardly wait to see more. whee whee  

Tobias Mule

Sakura_lee_4ever

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:07 am
back in 2000 or 2001 i saw the pilot or something like that at the new brunswick anime socity. It was really good, but i haven't seen any more sence.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:05 am
Sakura_lee_4ever
back in 2000 or 2001 i saw the pilot or something like that at the new brunswick anime socity. It was really good, but i haven't seen any more sence.

I know that the first two DVDs of the series are out and available for rent. 3nodding More is expected to come later. whee  

Tobias Mule

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:42 pm
Sakura_lee_4ever

there's an OAV/OVA with Yomiko Readman/The Paper and there's the TV series with the 3 sisters. I have yet to see the series. xp  
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff