Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:32 pm
This is a little like the "You Know You Read Too Much Twilight When" thread, only it's more explaining than listing. You can use this thread to discuss things from movies or other books that seem to relate to Twilight in a kind of crazy coincidental way.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:43 pm
For example, I'll start.

I just got done watching The Prince and Me 2 (never saw the first one; I watched this out of boredom and am so glad I did), and the coincidences were pretty funny.

First of all, the most obvious was the whole Edvard, Edward thing. Completely made me laugh out loud. Then Paige kind of reminded me of Bella in a way...Just her looks and some of her attitude I guess (don't yell; I swear I don't picture Bella as a blonde; it's more Paige's eyes).

THEN the whole Jake thing. Crazy.

Umm...and i guess some of the plot. The whole "I have to leave you because it's the right thing to do for my family." And country, but our dsear Edward hopefully won't even have to make such a big decision. Our boy's hot, but I doubt he'd be able to keep his secrets if he were a prince.

Another note: when I read Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause, everytime I saw Esme's name I twitched. They may have the same name and title as mother of the household, but their personalities are wayyy different.

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:48 pm
I lOvEd Blood and Chocolate. How come she didn't publish any more books along the same line?

I never noticed before, but you're right about those points. I haven't watched a lot of movies recently, and most of the stuff I've read since New Moon is Agatha Christie, but I'm surprised I haven't seen that many coincidences yet.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:31 pm
complex_ity_
I lOvEd Blood and Chocolate. How come she didn't publish any more books along the same line?

What do you mean "the same line?"

I read The Silver Kiss right after Blood and Chocolate, not too long ago...Another great novel, too. Her books are so depressing yet great. Blood and Chocolate had a happier ending though. I liked...the guy she ended up going with at the end (trying not to spoil it for newcomers).

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:04 pm
XxfushigipinayxX
complex_ity_

I read The Silver Kiss right after Blood and Chocolate, not too long ago...Another great novel, too. Her books are so depressing yet great. Blood and Chocolate had a happier ending though. I liked...the guy she ended up going with at the end (trying not to spoil it for newcomers).

I mean that she hasn't published any more books that I know of. Her style is unique, and I want more! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:20 pm
complex_ity_
XxfushigipinayxX
complex_ity_

I mean that she hasn't published any more books that I know of. Her style is unique, and I want more! xd

What has she written so far?
- Blood and Chocolate
- The Silver Kiss
- Alien Secrets (or something along those lines)

That's all I know of...Her style is really unique though, definitely.

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:26 pm
Alien secrets? eek I didn't know that. What's it about?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:36 pm
complex_ity_
Alien secrets? eek I didn't know that. What's it about?

I have no idea, but here's a small (really small) summary and the cover:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

On her journey to the distant planet where her parents are working, twelve-year-old Puck befriends a troubled alien and becomes involved in a dangerous mystery involving a precious artifact.

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:29 am
confused  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:03 pm
What? Plot not appealing?

I'm sure that's only because that's a completely vague mini-summary. It might be like Twilight...You can't summarize it to like it. The only way to fall in love with it is to read the darn thing and experience it firsthand.

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:06 pm
XxfushigipinayxX
For example, I'll start.

I just got done watching The Prince and Me 2 (never saw the first one; I watched this out of boredom and am so glad I did), and the coincidences were pretty funny.

First of all, the most obvious was the whole Edvard, Edward thing. Completely made me laugh out loud. Then Paige kind of reminded me of Bella in a way...Just her looks and some of her attitude I guess (don't yell; I swear I don't picture Bella as a blonde; it's more Paige's eyes).

THEN the whole Jake thing. Crazy.

Umm...and i guess some of the plot. The whole "I have to leave you because it's the right thing to do for my family." And country, but our dsear Edward hopefully won't even have to make such a big decision. Our boy's hot, but I doubt he'd be able to keep his secrets if he were a prince.

Another note: when I read Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause, everytime I saw Esme's name I twitched. They may have the same name and title as mother of the household, but their personalities are wayyy different.

I did that at first, but then when it became clear how different the two were, I didn't really make that connection anymore every time I read the name. I have a question, though: How is Esme pronounced? I pronounced it like ESme, with the stress on the first syllable, in my head, but in Blood and Chocolate, there was an accent over the second syllable, so should it be esME?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:24 am
heres one...
last night...
well...this morning actually...
we *family* was driving back from my aunts...
and it was about one thirty in the morning and i was dead tired...
but then i looked at the sign 2 tell me wat street i was on...
and i saw that it was EMMETTE street...
i went crazy.... then i started looking at all the other signs on EMMETTE st.
to make sure i was really seeing that
so i was wide awake now eek
and then i saw one where
heart EMMETTE crossed ROSE heart
it was like ROSE was a street to turn into...
i was in shock!!!

but the funny part was that i had gone on t hat street TONS of times before... but have never realized it.... rofl
because it never really meant anything till i read twilight and new moon

so yeah...
i wasnt even sleepy when i came home...  

Edward Cullen is My Life

Twilight-Related Fanart

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out