+ f a s h i on - t i p s + Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Share some of your own fashion tips to make a great avatar. heart

+ + + Shivers` Fashion Tips + + +

DO

Color balance. Get at least 2 colors and spread them though out your avatar evenly.

Buy white and black Lex gloves. These items will work with many outfits. (female item only, sadly.)

You can never go wrong with a pair of great shades.

STAY AWAY FROM:

Sets. Buying an entire outfit in a set is bad. Use no more than 3 items from a set if its a large set package, or 2 if its small.

FOX SET! Burn em'. Simple as that. Unless you are cos-playing as a fox the fox set just don't match. Its normally a random item thrown on that most 'noobs/newbie' tends to quest for and were. It looks horrible no matter what. ... same with coon tails, they just don't match.

One color: All black avis a over done. Arena will eat you alive.

Donation item whore. Just cause you have all the 2006 donation items it does not make your avi look rich just cause you put them on your avatar with out reason. Limit yourself and make sure that dragon matches.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:17 am
Be creative, original, and pick a style you like... First and foremost you have to make yourself happy with you avatar... Not the Avatar Talk. 3nodding Also if you like more then one style don't be afraid to switch around.  

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Qwannah

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:12 am
candycrack
Be creative, original, and pick a style you like... First and foremost you have to make yourself happy with you avatar... Not the Avatar Talk. 3nodding Also if you like more then one style don't be afraid to switch around.

I was totally going to say something like that >.Just reworded differently xD <3.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:43 pm
User Image
Oh so true. Many people hate my baldie hair, but I love it so I keep it. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So yes, be happy with your avatar and ******** those exact color matching avis raters. (Your whites are off...) stressed

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:22 pm
3nodding That and most of AT doesn't know a good avatar from a bad avatar these days it seems. u.u Let alone how to rate anything based on what type of style/look they were going for. mad  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:33 pm
candycrack
3nodding That and most of AT doesn't know a good avatar from a bad avatar these days it seems. u.u Let alone how to rate anything based on what type of style/look they were going for. mad

No comment. mad Pshaw. I always have to explain myself when I make a "Rate Me" thread. heart

@Shiv - Thats right Sista'!  

Qwannah

-[[Yreka!]]-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:13 pm
Jadelle
candycrack

No comment. mad Pshaw. I always have to explain myself when I make a "Rate Me" thread. heart
-[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. domokun User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]-

And the explination helps. surprised
Especially since I see you doing a few more themed avis then just random ones.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:41 am
In general, one should layer as much as possible... jackets, skirts, and longjohns are here for a reason, people! gonk  

Sexual Innuendo

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Cruise Control

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:59 pm
First off; you yourself need to be happy with your avatar. Even if something matches perfectly, don't use it if you find it ugly and don't like it.
Most people nowadays in the AT rate you only by how well your avatar matches, and quite often they suggest items that totally throw off the theme or the outfit you had goin' on, but it adds that speck of yellow you needed by your feet to match it perfectly.
But despite that, you should take a look into suggestions you get, seeing as they could look nice on your avatar, or they might not.

Style > Matching. It should always be that way, but the majority of ATers now have flipped that confused

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:48 pm
Have a good flow and balance for your avatar.
If it is a cosplay of something, like a witch being burned, give a little story to it explaining why you have these items and what is going on.
I usually give cosplayers a higher rate if they give a story.

Annaki

C a l ii

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:13 pm
1. Never be bulky.
2. Always have a theme.
3. Try to match your shades
Last but, certainly not least
4. Always look cute >3  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:14 am
1) Never be too bulky
2) Top heavy or bottom heavy isn't cool! Level it out!
3) Black on it's own is bad.

Skittlesfairy

Shy Browser

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Newbie Helper 100

steam punk rhapsody

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:49 pm
-step away from the cliche... that includes: red and black, angelic items together and sets
-handhelds can make or break the avi. Use them wisely!
-Emo glasses are love! They work for casual and matching
-MATCH MATCH MATCH
-Join this guild

That's about it!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
well this is obvious but it's scary how many people don't realize this:
Expensive and good are very, very different things.

Breneko

ChocolateTomato

Aged Raider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:15 pm
It's always nice to have uncommon items weaved into your avatar. It adds a sense of uniqueness. Variety of color combos are always cool too.. 4laugh  

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games