Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Career tracks you hate the most. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noembelu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:11 pm
There's a "favorite career track" thread around here somewhere, but what about career tracks that you hate?

For me, I would say the Politics, Culinary, and Military career tracks.

Why? Well, it's very hard to get promoted in the Politics and Culinary tracks, and VERY easy to get fired. I get so frustrated when I have all the skills neccessary, friends, and good work performance, but either get demoted, fired, or nothing at all.

I dislike Military because it's hard to get promoted ((though you can't get fired easily, which is good)) and they have the worst skill requirements ((mechanical and body)).

So discuss:

Your least favorite career track(s).
Why you dislike them.
Your favorite career track.
Skill requirements that you hate the most.
Bad luck with "chance cards".
Anything else related.

P.S. My favorite career track has always been the "Business" career track. It's the most common career track with my sims.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:51 pm
Your least favorite career track(s). -hm I think also military

Why you dislike them.- too hard to get all those points razz

Your favorite career track.-criminal lol

Skill requirements that you hate the most.- friends or mechanical

Bad luck with "chance cards".- I always seen to have good luck with thoose cards actually =D  

Dry Cleaned Cardboard

Spoilt_lil_missy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:53 pm
Least favourite career track? Hmm...that's a very very interesting one. I couldn't even tell you the ones that I like. I've never found that any career tracks are easier or harder to get promoted/fired in...I usually try to send my Sim to work with Platinum aspiration at least once in a job...that tops their performance up.

Haha, but that's not answering the question...

Um...I actually don't like Business much because you have to work up Charisma...but at least it gives you the mini-golf set for that. How about...I don't like the career tracks that require lots of hard skills (like mechanical and charisma) and a lot of friends...I like the ones (like Slacker) where the skills are easy to build and you don't need too many Family Friends...I always find it hard to maintain relationships and build skills...but I also try to get most of that done during University.

And as for Chance Cards...I ignore them.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:43 am

I hate the culinary track.
It pays peanuts for forever. Its ridiculous. surprised

Greenzally

Spoilt_lil_missy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:37 am
Actually, you're right, culinary is pretty bad...and it keeps getting thrown up as my Sims' Lifetime want.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:53 pm
Your least favorite career track(s). - Probably military, science, and the acting (?)careers.

Why you dislike them.- It's hard to keep my sims happy enough to earn the points, and in the acting career, it just takes too long ot get promoted and you have to know way too many people. sweatdrop (My sims are so anti-social. blaugh )

Your favorite career track.- Biology

Skill requirements that you hate the most.- Friends! Once you have so many, it's too hard to maintain them, and all 50,000,000 of them decide to call at the same time to ask if you've been abducted by aliens. sweatdrop

Bad luck with "chance cards".- The worst that's ever happened is that they ended up getting fired for something really stupid that really had no right or wrong answer. (I had to pick like red or blue or something...) But I pretty much have good luck with them other than that.

Captain Jenocidal

Noembelu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:16 pm
Greenzally

I hate the culinary track.
It pays peanuts for forever. Its ridiculous. surprised

Now that you mention it, it kinda does.

I guess that's how someone in real life with a culinary career would get paid. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:28 pm
I hate the slacker career. Mainly because I hate Romance sims.  

OHEMGEEHallo

Territorial Art

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:09 pm
I don't like the miltary career track either, mostly cause it seems too..ehh. Idk.. I just dont like it.I'm fine with the culinary career track. It seems cool.My favorite has to be the science career track and the politics career track.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:16 am
Wow... I love the Culinary Track. Maybe because I chanced to pick the right cards most of the time. Well, there was that one card that got me fired, but... there's always one.
My favorite career is Science. It's easy (for me and my loads of Knowedge Aspiration Sims sweatdrop ) and it requires little friend maintenance.
My least favorite career? I don't know if I'm qualified to answer that, mainly because I still haven't gotten a chance to play all of them. All my Knowledge Aspirations want to either be scientists or criminals, all my Romance Aspirations want to be professional partiers or chefs, all my Family Aspirations want to be doctors, superheroes or just don't care (most often just don't care, which annoys me because that usually makes achieving a lifetime want a lot harder for me) and any Fortune Aspirations want to be hall of famers. Unfortunately I haven't sent anyone to University that wants to go into one of the careers given there. sad So the only one that I've played that's given me trouble is the Criminal career. It's so easy to lose money and skill points. It's frustrating, for me and my poor Sim.
Chance cards? I'm a risk-taker. There's a 50% chance that I'll choose something right. And usually I can figure out the right one from "previous experience" or just common sense.
Finally, the skill I hate building most? Charisma. It's so hard, especially once you get past level 3. In part, I depend on Chance cards to help me out with that.
I think I'm done. Wow, that was a lot to write. eek
PS: ...Peanuts? Definitely in the beginning, but it ends up being the third highest paying career of the originals.

Infinity-Nevermore

Captain Jenocidal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:10 am
Reicheru1994
I hate the slacker career. Mainly because I hate Romance sims.

Ditto. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:23 am
Why's that, may I ask? Just curious.

Infinity-Nevermore

DarkCharlie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:50 am
Fave: Paranormal ('Cause of the reward object)
I don't really have a least favourite.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:45 pm
I hate the Slacker career track most, because the pay and the hours are terrible. My sims are always exhausted from waking up in the middle of the night, and even when you reach the top the pay isn't so good!

I hate career tracks where you have to have lots of friends the most. I can't stand juggling all those friendships or the phone ringing constantly.

I really like the paranormal career track because of the career reward, and I like the military career track because it pays well even at level 1. 3nodding  

A Story Worth Telling

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,225 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:05 pm
Your least favorite career track(s).
I am so sick of my Sims being or wanting to be scientists.

Why you dislike them.
It's just so frustrating because I build up their skills like a mad woman then they get fired!!!

Your favorite career track.
Cullinary or Slacker.
(In Sims1 it was the Paranormal career. I can't seem to get it in 2.)

Skill requirements that you hate the most.
Body.

Bad luck with "chance cards".
I just hate getting fired. I hate it so much.

Anything else related.
I hate the differences in the game between countries. You guys have cool stuff that I want!

The Sims Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff