Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writing on the Wall

Back to Guilds

Are you literate? Do you write poetry, short stories, long stories, prose, roleplays. . . anything? Share your talent with the world! 

Tags: Writing, Poetry, Prose, Stories, RolePlay 

Reply The Writing on the Wall
MASQUERADE

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How Is It?
  Really Awesome
  Pretty Good
  So-So
  Yeah, , , It Sucks
View Results

Pirate4Life45

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:12 pm
Chapter 1/Cabinet to the Left
Dear Peter,
Thanks so much for writing. It's always good hearing from my boy. But then again, you're not much of a boy now, are you? That's a good thing though, I promise. How is my baby girl doing? She looks better than ever in the picture you sent me. Did you pay for your school pictures again boy? If so, I promise I'll get you and your sister away from there soon Peter. If it's the last thing I do, I'll get you both away.
I sent a package along with the letter, but don't give it to your sister before next week, okay? I want it to be special. Anyway, try to write as soon as you can, you really don't know how good it is to hear from you boy.
If you could take more pictures, that would be great. I know being there would be better, but I'm doing the best I can boy, I swear. I'll get you and your sister away one day Peter.
Allen

The young fifteen year old read the letter over once more before pulling close to him a small brown box completely covered in tape, that came with it. Peter figued he'd better open it to see if he needed to go get something else for his sister. Usually his father was good at picking out presents for them, (especially since he'd never once laid eyes on them except in pictures), but Peter figured that there was a first time for everything.

He carefully cut the edges of the tape with a pen that he always seemed to have handy, and pulled open the box. Inside, (along with many packing peanuts), was a small glass figure of a black dragon breathing orange fire.
Gazing at the small token, Peter found himself smiling, but abruptly stopped once he realized. He placed the dragon back into the box and closed it, his young sister would defiantely like it. She was into dragons for one reason or another.

Next to him, Peter's alarm clock rang out twice before he slammed it quiet. It was time to leave. He rubbed the sleep out of his playful brown eyes, and rolled out of bed. Surely his sister was still asleep, and it would take awhile to wake her up. Peter tried to open his squeaky door as quietly as he could so as not to wake his mother, before walking across the hall to his sister's room. Her door was covered in stickers and drawings, and in the center, were six foam letters, (of her own design of course), that spelled out : SIARRA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:02 am
Interesting way to begin.
It provides quantity & quality lead up information before the meat of the story begins. I like that. There is less guessing for the reader and gives direction without too much plot being given away.

I like it...
Looking forward to more of this written work.
Thank you for sharing.

Later...
................WildWild WindWhisperer wink

WildWildWindWhisperer
Vice Captain

Eloquent Autobiographer

6,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hygienic 200

Pirate4Life45

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:32 pm
Actually, this isn't the beginning, there is a prologue to it somewhere on the guild. I think it's only a few spaces below this one. 3nodding Anyway, thank you kindly for the comments, I also have another work in progress on here that is also in two parts. Feel free to take a look! mrgreen  
The Writing on the Wall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games