View Results

TaeKookie

Dapper Loiterer

12,375 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:16 pm
Anybody in cali find out that the gov. passed a law making it illegal to drive and talk on a cell phone.... its going to take effect in july 08...so what do you all think about this?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:10 pm
I doubt anyone would follow.  

cimetis rithe

Gorilla and You

Anxious Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:33 pm
I know! It's really stupid....but kind of smart at the same time.....Arnold is finally thinking with his muscles! scream xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:34 am
That's not going to help. Where I used to live they had that law years ago and they never really cared.  

Medy_Senpai

TaeKookie

Dapper Loiterer

12,375 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:05 pm
Count Doom Fist
I know! It's really stupid....but kind of smart at the same time.....Arnold is finally thinking with his muscles! scream xd

so true...with the muscle part  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:43 pm
I'm actually for that. There have been tests on things like the way it impares our attention. Here is some of the research done.

Research indicates that using a cell phone while driving is as dangerous as driving while intoxicated and many more people use a cell phone while driving than are intoxicated while driving. A study published in The New England Journal of Medicine found that drivers who used mobile phones while driving were up to four times more likely to crash than those who didn't. Talking and driving at the same time lowers the driver's reflexes, rendering them unable to avoid other drivers.

A study carried out by the University of Utah found that driving while using a mobile phone is "at least as dangerous as driving while over the legal alcohol limit". They also found that hands-free devices do not reduce the distraction caused by talking on a mobile phone. According to a study published in the British Medical Journal and paid for by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, there was only a slight safety benefit from using a hands-free phone. The study showed that drivers who use cell phones, even hands-free models, are four times as likely to be involved in wrecks involving a serious injury than are drivers who do not use cell phones.

So I understand where they come from when these laws go into place.  

Die_Katze

TaeKookie

Dapper Loiterer

12,375 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:52 am
great research man!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:02 pm
superauggie
great research man!