Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply _The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*
Daily Discussions: Your Not-So-Daily Discussion! (Updated!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:19 am

User Image
I've noticed that this guild falls into the catergory that most guilds fall under. We have our discussions, but EVERYTHING you say relates to the thread, and after awhile, it gets boring no?

I'm not calling the guild boring, because it's anything BUT that! And Jameta's Random Caravan has done VERY well.. but the only flaw is, it's RANDOM. Post whatever you want. It still doesn't quench the thirst to have a non-magical discussion that isn't interrupted by something offtopic, does it?
So, I created this thread, Daily Discussions.

Everyone has a GAIA Forum that they prefer. Those skilled with computers goto the C&T, Those who have strong opinions goto the ED, those who know their way around Gaia go the the QAF to help others who are lost or confused, and then those who like a mix of everything end up in the GD (General Discussion). I've been going to the General Discussion forum for quite awhile, and it's a great place to go, as long as you know how to work it. Everytime I go in there there are new discussions available and there's hardly a thing close to "routine".

The point of this thread? There are multiple points to this thread, actually:
1)Increase Guild Activity
2)Provide a place to hold a "streaming" (not meandering) discussion and express your opinions
3)One more thread for you to goto on your routine check for new posts in the guild (face it, we can't be in the guild 24/7, we eventually go elsewhere)

And there are more points, just none I feel like conjuring at the moment.

Everyday, I'm going to change the topic of the discussion, just to keep things alive. Suggestions for topics can be PMed to me.

Now, a few ground rules:
1) You will most likely disagree. This is a place to discuss and share opinions. If you tell someone you disagree with them, INCLUDE A REASON WHY. Otherwise people take it personally, which leads us to rule two.
2) DON'T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY
3) We may touch upon some subjects that hit you close to heart. If you're offended, it's best you just ignore the thread. If it's something extremely painful, PM me and I'll change it ASAP.
4) Nothing offtopic will remain on this thread once I see it.
5) Intelligent posts only, please. No "I like that" (in regards to the topic). We're DISCUSSING things, give a reason! You may make a new friend or two, here!

With that said, we can finally move onto discussion. The day's discussion will be posted at the bottom of this post.

Daily Discussion of August 19th, 2006
Well, at first I really couldn't think of anything to write, but then I decided that I have to know...

My discussion is this:
Would you ever use a magic to fix a break-up gone bad. Now, this term, break-up gone bad, can mean many things, so let me clairify.
If you broke up with someone, and you were pretty sure it was on good terms, but you wouldn't want to date them again... And then they ask you back out, and you say no, and they didn't understand why you wouldn't want to date them again... And got a little stalkery, and wouldn't leave you alone unless you said yes... Would you find or create a spell to make them leave you alone? Or would you wait till it got bad enough, and then go to the cops?
If you would cast a spell, what kind of spell would you use? One that would bring them someone to love, or that would bind them from hurting anyone? Let me know... Elaborate. Tell me more than just what I've asked. Go into detail.

Past Discussions:
Daily Discussion of December 19th
I personally don't care one bit about what others think of me or what people think of my beliefs. The only person that really matters to is me. However, with that there comes the fact that when a group, especially a minority, thinks this way, they have to be aware of how they are viewed by the majority. Otherwise, they could lose track of how others view them, and before they know it, they are spat on, laughed at, or even shunned by the people that they didn't care about the opinions of. Anyway, my question is this:

What do you think the majority of the religious world and the majority of the secular world thinks of Pagans in general? I know this is not an easy question, but give your best shot at the answer 3nodding

Daily Discussion of November 17th

Initially, I expected to hear "no murders, no rapes, no wars" etc., but that's not really a problem with the world... that's a problem with humanity. I guess a better wording for it would be this:

What do you think the world would be like if all of humanity had a great respect for nature throughout all its existance?

Daily Discussion as of October 13th (Brought to you by Atma311)

What is your idea of a perfect world. Some of us are more idealistic than others and might think of an ideal world as being different from yours. Some of us might remove all pollution-causing vehicles while another person might want to remove all vehicles completely (so no stray animals sound get killed or whatever other reasons).

Tell us what do you think an ideal world would be like to you. What would you do to the world to make everything JUST the way you like it?

Daily Discussion as of September 27th (Brought to you by Atma311)

"Pagan? What's a Pagan?"

If finally happened. Someone put you on the spot to define the term "Pagan". It seems simple enough, right? Pagans are, by definition, non-mainstream religious paths. Wait, though. We don't really refer to Hindus as "Pagan". So maybe this: Pagans are Earth-based, polytheistic... wait again. Not all Pagans are polytheistic...

It seems defining the term "Pagan" just got a bit more difficult. How would you define what a "Pagan" is?

September 19th: Daily Discussion as of September 19th (Brought to you by Quadadiddle)

*crash* It happened. You knocked over the portrait on the wall and glass shattered. The teacher couldn't see who did it, but had it narrowed down to 4 people, including you and your best friend. No one else saw you do it, so you can make up a lie to get yourself out of it. You feed the teacher the story and it works, however your best friend gets in serious trouble, bad enough that you don't really want to confess.

Describe what's on your conscience.
Also, explain the story you told the teacher, and what you you said to your best friend afterward (remember, he/she doesn't know YOU really did it)

August 24th: Daily Discussion as of August 24th (Brought to you by... Kabuki Doll?!)

Yesterday I was walking to my college campus and I couldn't help feel incredibly overwhemled by the fluctuating emotions here around me.

See, I've always been empathetic and intuitive with my surroundings, but this was just complete madness. Maybe it's because I was in a completely different city, a different country, for the matter, but everyone and everything around me was flaring with a very strong emotion. Halfway on my walk it was so overpowering that I collapsed on the ground sobbing. I've never felt so out of control.

I'd like to know if anyone else has had this experience, and what you've done to help maintain control.

August 17th (Brought to you by; Winter Black!) :

"Do you know what its like, dancing with the Faeries?"

For a long time I've been able to comunicate with Faeries, Ghosts, and intangible things. I can banish, summon, and have full conversations with such beings, to the point of I'm writing a book on Faeries, based completely off of what they've told me themselves. sweatdrop

I want to know other people experiances with Fae, Ghosts, and intangible creatures of that sort. Even Gods count on this. What are they like? Are they funny? Do they laugh a lot? Are they sarcastic? Spiteful? Rude? Go ahead and explain. I want to know. ^_^

August 11th:

Jewelry with symbols or significance of faith are important to the wearer and can be a good conversation piece in many instances. However, there are many who claim that wearing these items can make you a target.

Do you agree or disagree? Should one wear a symbol of their faith, discreet or not, in public places? Would these items prevent you from getting jobs if worn during interviews? Maybe they would upset a teacher and make you fail a class. Do you think that's improbable and just the concerns of the paranoid? Discuss your feelings here.

July 24th:

Organizing, filing, cleaning... are you doing any of this right now? In what way? if not, have you in the past? Can you empthathize with poor, slaving Jameta right now? crying

June 29th:
"I think you should know Latin drums make me go 'iAy Carumba!'"

Music tastes? Are you a dancer? Anything releated to music goes biggrin

June 22nd: We all go through times that test our character. Whether it's a series of unfortunate events, or one particularly big one. Sometimes we find ourselves questioning our faith. Something that makes us really wonder where we are in life, and where we want to be 10 years later.

Who are you? What are you? Where are you? Why are you the way you are?
Todays discussion is about you. Get the world off your shoulders, or at least replace brick with helium.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:20 am
I deleted the old thread and made a new one just for theat fresh start feeling. Keep the thread going.  

Quadadiddle
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:09 pm
Quote:
We all go through times that test our character. Whether it's a series of unfortunate events, or one particularly big one. Sometimes we find ourselves questioning our faith. Something that makes us really wonder where we are in life, and where we want to be 10 years later.

Todays discussion is about you. Get the world off your shoulders, or at least replace brick with helium.
Ugh, me?

One of my problems is I'm not assertive around strangers, especially when it comes to talking about myself. I free being labeled as a "bragger", as my more interesting aspects are mainly scholary achievements. Around people I do know, I'm still afraid of talking to much and irritating others.

I do have depression, probably a result of repressed anger. I am stubborn, and I tend to snap a lot because I'm usually tired. Sometimes I feel very distant from people who are supposed to be my friends at school, and that I'm not appreciated.

I really enjoy helping others, and my involvement with various clubs at school has allowed me to understand that (i use to be quite a hermit). I'm still picky about people, though.

I'm not really sure where I want to go at the moment...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:40 pm
My major problem is that I can be having the best time of my life, but if something angers me, it ruins everything. I'll refuse to cheer up, I'll refuse to be myself. I just sit away from everything and just pout.

I usually wear my heart on my sleeve, unless it's a negative emotion (excluding the extremes, depressed by sadness, infuriated with anger). I can usually take a lot of agitation before I snap. Usually people can tell when I'm getting to my boiling point because my eyebrow twitches alot when I'm really angry.

I usually always put everyone else before me when it comes to satisfaction. I prefer to be by myself usually, because I like being able to think about life without distraction. But I'm not one to shy away completely from the limelight.

In the next 10 years I definately want to increase my study habits with Wicca and Color Magic.

Quadadiddle
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:59 pm
Hmm, where to start. When I was younger (I'm 17 now) I had serious emotional problems. When I was about five, my mother died of cancer. As a child, I was very perceptive of things, and ended up bottling things up. It came out later, not so well. Through high school, I went through what I tend to call the "dark night of the soul". I had no faith in anything. Days tended to blur. I had some close friends, but that's it. I remember a large feeling of hollowness.
Then I found Wicca! (goodness that sounds steretypical) Actually, I found occultism, which was fairly spiritually fullfilling, but not as much as I'd hoped. After that came Wicca, and I'm happy. I was still affected though. I tend to be a little to trusting of people that are very friendly and accepting of me, and don't tend to show my emotions that much. I still shove everything inwards. On the bright side though, I'm very controlled.

In the future, I'd like to look into Celtic branch of witchraft, maybe some Druidism. I definitely want to be able to Astraly project

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:48 pm
Quadadiddle
My major problem is that I can be having the best time of my life, but if something angers me, it ruins everything. I'll refuse to cheer up, I'll refuse to be myself. I just sit away from everything and just pout.

I usually wear my heart on my sleeve, unless it's a negative emotion (excluding the extremes, depressed by sadness, infuriated with anger). I can usually take a lot of agitation before I snap. Usually people can tell when I'm getting to my boiling point because my eyebrow twitches alot when I'm really angry.

I usually always put everyone else before me when it comes to satisfaction. I prefer to be by myself usually, because I like being able to think about life without distraction. But I'm not one to shy away completely from the limelight.

In the next 10 years I definately want to increase my study habits with Wicca and Color Magic.
Interesting. Would you say that the keeping your heart on your sleeve is benefitial, or detrimental?  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:50 pm
Jameta
Quote:
We all go through times that test our character. Whether it's a series of unfortunate events, or one particularly big one. Sometimes we find ourselves questioning our faith. Something that makes us really wonder where we are in life, and where we want to be 10 years later.

Ugh, me?

One of my problems is I'm not assertive around strangers, especially when it comes to talking about myself. I free being labeled as a "bragger", as my more interesting aspects are mainly scholary achievements. Around people I do know, I'm still afraid of talking to much and irritating others.

I do have depression, probably a result of repressed anger. I am stubborn, and I tend to snap a lot because I'm usually tired. Sometimes I feel very distant from people who are supposed to be my friends at school, and that I'm not appreciated.

I really enjoy helping others, and my involvement with various clubs at school has allowed me to understand that (i use to be quite a hermit). I'm still picky about people, though.

I'm not really sure where I want to go at the moment...
Well, many people don't know where they want to go. Take some time, it'll come  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:08 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Quadadiddle

Interesting. Would you say that the keeping your heart on your sleeve is benefitial, or detrimental?

It's both.

I don't like people prying when I'm in a bad mood. It just makes it worse.
I like it when people think I'm always happy and upbeat.

Quadadiddle
Crew

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:50 am
New Discussion  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:36 am
Quadadiddle
New Discussion
Indeed, because the previous one did so well...  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:07 am
Nihilistic Seraph
Quadadiddle
New Discussion
Indeed, because the previous one did so well...

Not my fault x_x  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:48 pm
My musical tastes are rooted in oldies and classic rock. 3nodding Especially the Beatles. I swear, they've hijacked my brain this month. It should be the Beach Boys, really, because, y'know. They're the kings of summer and all that. But I love 'em all. 3nodding

I'd love to learn to dance, but I've got two left feet and eight phantom left feet. gonk I'm very clumsy. xp

Rose Mystica

Beloved Gawker

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:50 pm
Metal, Rock, 80s rock, some Country, Classical if I'm in the mood... Metal...

Basically, I'll listen to just about anything, so long as it isn't irritating, booth in sound and meaning. I generally don't care for rap or pop, but of course, their are exceptions.

I dance in my room... Tell anyone and die. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:57 pm
Jameta
Metal, Rock, 80s rock, some Country, Classical if I'm in the mood... Metal...

Basically, I'll listen to just about anything, so long as it isn't irritating, booth in sound and meaning. I generally don't care for rap or pop, but of course, their are exceptions.

I dance in my room... Tell anyone and die. ninja

I won't tell. surprised

*Headbangs* xd Metal rocks, too!

Rose Mystica

Beloved Gawker

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:32 am
I really don't enjoy dancing. I can danse passably I guess, but am allways to nervous to dance. Plus the rare times I dance are when I'm in a club-like environment. Rock and Metal are the way to go for me.

Dream Theatre is coming to Montreal in September!

_The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff