Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Fashion and makeup etc tips Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

infektionxx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:06 pm
Tips on fashion and makeup. Like, how to apply eyeliner properly!!! burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:24 pm
Oh! Oh!

Eyeliner is my specialty!

It's actually really easy to apply eyeliner, it just takes practice. First you need a good brush. A tiny soft painbrush will do. The kind of eyeliner I use starts out as a powder, and I mix it with water to make a paste. It's always better to work with a paste because it goes on easier, and it stays on longer. So once you have your paste (which actually requires a very small ammount of water, you don't want it to run.) Dip the tip of your brush into it and draw as line as close to your top eyelash as you can. You can darken it by making the line thicker. BEWARE! Do not overdo the eyeliner on the bottom! In fact if you're not really experienced it may be better to leave it alone altogether, heck that's what I prefer to do. If you get it too dark, too thick or too far away from your eye on the bottom it makes your eyes look droopy.  

Dragonfire Goddess

XAngelFromYourNightmareX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:35 pm
Dragonfire_Goddess
Oh! Oh!

It's actually really easy to apply eyeliner, it just takes practice. First you need a good brush. A tiny soft painbrush will do. The kind of eyeliner I use starts out as a powder, and I mix it with water to make a paste. It's always better to work with a paste because it goes on easier, and it stays on longer. So once you have your paste (which actually requires a very small ammount of water, you don't want it to run.) Dip the tip of your brush into it and draw as line as close to your top eyelash as you can. You can darken it by making the line thicker. BEWARE! Do not overdo the eyeliner on the bottom! In fact if you're not really experienced it may be better to leave it alone altogether, heck that's what I prefer to do. If you get it too dark, too thick or too far away from your eye on the bottom it makes your eyes look droopy.
Pictures?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:01 pm
inside corner of your eye out, for eyeliner.

For a cool gothic look, take black, dark grey, and light silvery grey eyeshadow, and black eyeliner, and continue reading.

line your eyes, top lid only with eyeliner. put the black shadow on the base of the lid next to the liner, and directly above that the dark grey covering the lids. Then in the crease of the eye the black again. In the inside corners of your eyes, put the silver, and use a little bit of the silver (LITTLE BIT!!) and blend the rest of the colors together minus the liner. blend very, very lightly, so the shade differention is still visable. Should look like this when ur done...

http://http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/Nicolet_Mitchells/eyeone.jpg

but, the color in the middle should be grey, not copper like I did nmine in that pic.

another trick to look thinner and pale and or dead is take white powderand blot it on your face, and then take black or grey shadow and put it in the hollows of you cheeks to make your face seem paler and hollow in contrast to everything else.  

nightwing773

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:24 pm
The number one rule of gothic make-up: DO NOT OVER-DO IT.

Stay conservative with your make-up. Don't have white skin, have pale skin. Don't have black lipstick and eyeshadow, have dark lipstick and eyeshadow.

SKIN
When it comes to getting your skin pale, absolutely (under ALL circumstances) avoid grease-paint. It's messy, cheap ("cheap" like "whorish"), never looks good (except for Halloween make-up, but that's different), and is just icky. It's also bad for your skin, as it deprives your skin of oxygen.

What looks best (make-up wise) is pressed-powder. It can be a bit messy, but if applied correctly, looks great. A light dusting all-around (and perhaps a heavier dusting on areas of the face with stronger color contrast) will look good, with occassional touch-ups every few hours. When buying pressed powder, spring for the better quality stuff. Buy NOTHING under $10. The $15-$30 range tends to be the best interms of "Quality :: Price". Don't buy those labelled "Chalk White" or "White". Go for "Pale" or "Ultra-Light" or something to that affect. Don't use talcum powder, by the way. It's bumpy.

Ultimately, however, the best looking pale skin is actual pale skin. Try to find soaps which will naturally pale your skin, such as Ultima's "Block & White". These products will make your skin naturally and consistently pale.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:02 pm
hey,
when you ar using make up you have to be carefull so many times have i see people with clown white faces or racoon eyes it is scarry keep it light if you are going for hard core go a little darker on the liner and the shadow but don't drown your face in it if you feel like your not goth eanough then change the accessories the clothes but don't make ur self look like the offspring of a clown and a raccoon and he is right the powder works best that and not going to a tanning place helps too and if it is ur first time with eyeliner don't go under the eye and trust me the paste is so much easer to work with. good luck if this is your first time with gothic make-up had keep up the good work is you are a seasoned expert at it.  

vailendeathmage

6,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Flatterer 200

Dragonfire Goddess

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:25 pm
XAngelFromYourNightmareX
Dragonfire_Goddess
Oh! Oh!

Pictures?

Pictures of my eyeliner jobs specificaly, or just a basic example of what I'm talking about?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:26 pm
here's a tip on how to get a really cool metalic blue nailpolish...and it looks way better than any that says they are metalic blue
first put down a coat of black then when it dries go over it with ice blue pearl........heheh acidents are fun smile  

ketchakik

rosalind_spencer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:14 am
i would just suggest that you use powder foundation over liquid

also, if you are just staring to ware make up, i would suggest taking your time, dont go to heavie to soon...take time to learn how to make it look like your not over done...and you just have to practise, just stand in front ot the mirror for a while and put on make up...its one of my favorite things to do.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:20 am
any tips on the eyeliner thing where you have a line going down from your eye  

Stargazer Dante

TheVampireLirel

IRL Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:55 pm

http://limecrime.net/tutorials/tutorials.htm (Tutorials)
http://community.livejournal.com/j_makeup/ (Inspiration)
+ a lot of experimentation!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:26 pm
TheVampireLirel

I could never do makeup like that and I also have the problem that if I do one side it may look terrific but I can never get both sides to look the same. It makes it crappy.  

Gothic_Lipstick_Kisses

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:29 am
A helpful tip for foundation: never apply stick or cream foundations over powder! They don't go on smoothly that way, and the results look cakey and blotchy. Powder should always go on last... and if you want to add touch-ups later on, either do it with only powder or wash everything off and start afresh.

If you're going for a pale look but want to avoid a stark white mask effect, try starting off with a liquid or stick foundation just a shade lighter than your regular skin tone. Brush a little white powder (just a touch!) over that, and then add another light layer of powder that's pale, but not white. I've had good results this way. It makes my skin a shade paler, but it still looks natural — which is pretty impressive, because I'm extremely pale to start with!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:24 am
Thanks for all the tips guys. Helped me heaps!!  

infektionxx

XAngelFromYourNightmareX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:32 pm
Dragonfire_Goddess
XAngelFromYourNightmareX
Dragonfire_Goddess
Oh! Oh!

Pictures?

Pictures of my eyeliner jobs specificaly, or just a basic example of what I'm talking about?
I forget. lol

Do you know where you can buy this paste?

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff