Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Bil and the rain.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ILuvEire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:41 pm
So today I was driving home and it was pouring down rian, I could barely see, and there was no place to pull over...

So I searched my head for a god of the weather or rain. I couldn't think of anyone to pray to, and my little brother pointed to the sky and the sun was shinning out through the rain...then I thought BIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I prayed to him and asked him to protect me in this rain. Then the rain began to clear...and I was so thankfull

Just thought I would share and comment about Bil helping me, THANKS BIL!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:36 am
You don't neccesarily need any specific deity to recognize. I don't do that at all and my practice still works. I just refer to the rain deity as the Rain Spirit or something like that. Reversing a thing can often be as simple as evoking its opposite; in this case you essentially evoked fire (opposite of water).  

Starlock
Crew

Redwing~Shadow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:32 pm
rain is a natural thing on our planet, in anycase their is always some kind of force there to protect you.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:23 pm
Starlock
You don't neccesarily need any specific deity to recognize. I don't do that at all and my practice still works. I just refer to the rain deity as the Rain Spirit or something like that. Reversing a thing can often be as simple as evoking its opposite; in this case you essentially evoked fire (opposite of water).

The sun likely would have worked, too, if we want to talk in terms of opposite. And in that case, Lugh would have been a good candidate if one were to stick within the Irish pantheon.  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Scorpy-Sue

Distinct Conversationalist

6,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:48 pm
You could also have evoked a faerie, they're plentiful and pertain to a lot of different things.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:04 pm
I guess Lugh would have made sense...lol

I have never gone about evoking a Faerie, exept to protect my house, and then I left out offering to them, so it took a while.

How would I go about evokeing a faerie?  

ILuvEire

Creepy Albino Fish

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:15 pm
You're missing the big guy! Zeus is a weather god

Who's bil?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:45 pm
I personally believe that some gods are better suited towards things than others. I wouldn't ask for Ares for help with an essay on romance in English literature...nor would I ask Yama for help in bed....you know what I mean? blaugh

As for Bil, perhaps that was the name of a spirit or entity that had some control over rain or weather? Nothing has only one name, afterall. Either way, neat story! Go Bil indeed!  

iolitefire

Scorpy-Sue

6,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:33 am
ILuvEire

I have never gone about evoking a Faerie, exept to protect my house, and then I left out offering to them, so it took a while.

As I understand, probably the same way you would a god, since faeries are like demi-gods or gods that have sort of been "demoted". I'm still trying to understand it myself, but I think that's how it works.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:17 am
Afro-Dawg
ILuvEire

As I understand, probably the same way you would a god, since faeries are like demi-gods or gods that have sort of been "demoted". I'm still trying to understand it myself, but I think that's how it works.

The Fae are a bit different; you can try invoking them like a god, but they may not always answer to that; it's best if you can coax them out by offering something they're bound to be attracted to. Music can work, cut flowers, stones, offerings of milk, or honey... Depends on the particular Fae.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Scorpy-Sue

6,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:29 am
The Bookwyrm
Afro-Dawg
ILuvEire

The Fae are a bit different; you can try invoking them like a god, but they may not always answer to that; it's best if you can coax them out by offering something they're bound to be attracted to. Music can work, cut flowers, stones, offerings of milk, or honey... Depends on the particular Fae.
Okay, thanks for clearing that up. smile  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff