Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.
DIY Ren Scarf in the December Issue

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did anyone try knitting the scarf?
  Yes
  No
View Results

face2face

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:55 pm
Did anyone else make the Ren scarf that was featured in the December issue? I did one in about a week and I haven't seen anyone else in any of my guilds who took the time to make one. Here's a picture of the detailing:

http://www.geocities.com/bblackdahlia/renscarf.JPG  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:12 pm
Oo...Its cute biggrin . I saw it in the magazine...but I'm not terribly good at knitting, so I didn't try...  

kel aka gandy
Captain

face2face

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:19 pm
I had problems with switching colors. That was the first project I've done in about five years or so and I had to reteach myself how to knit. All of the diagrams and instructions I saw for switching colors in the middle of a row were too complicated for me so I did it my own way.
I blocked it last night so it wouldn't curl in on the sides and it looks really good now, and it is super warm smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:51 pm
face2face
I had problems with switching colors. That was the first project I've done in about five years or so and I had to reteach myself how to knit. All of the diagrams and instructions I saw for switching colors in the middle of a row were too complicated for me so I did it my own way.
I blocked it last night so it wouldn't curl in on the sides and it looks really good now, and it is super warm smile

Neat! I was thinking if it had a little rib on the sides it wouldn't need blocking. I don't think I'll make a Nana scarf but it's a cute idea.  

hana211

face2face

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:06 pm
hana211

Neat! I was thinking if it had a little rib on the sides it wouldn't need blocking. I don't think I'll make a Nana scarf but it's a cute idea.

It was my own screw up. Instead of dropping two stitches together, I did them one at a time so the ribs on the sides was very thin. I am working on a plain black scarf for my boyfriend right now and dropped the two stitches together and the ribbing is much thicker and it doesn't curl as much. I'll still have to block it when I'm done just as a finishing touch, but that little detail does make quite the difference.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:14 pm
face2face
hana211

It was my own screw up. Instead of dropping two stitches together, I did them one at a time so the ribs on the sides was very thin. I am working on a plain black scarf for my boyfriend right now and dropped the two stitches together and the ribbing is much thicker and it doesn't curl as much. I'll still have to block it when I'm done just as a finishing touch, but that little detail does make quite the difference.

Good luck. whee I think I may make a moss-stitch scarf if I can get it done before winter ends. xp  

hana211

face2face

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:47 pm
hana211
face2face
hana211

Good luck. whee I think I may make a moss-stitch scarf if I can get it done before winter ends. xp

If you do post a picture! I haven't come across very many knitters here and I'm curious to see how it turns out! xd  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:35 pm
I tried knitting it, but I had a hard time counting stitches in the lettering xd In the end, it was one big knot...but I hope to try it again in the summer when I have more time to actually pay attention to what I'm doing sweatdrop  

KagomeHime369

3,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100

face2face

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:21 am
KagomeHime369
I tried knitting it, but I had a hard time counting stitches in the lettering xd In the end, it was one big knot...but I hope to try it again in the summer when I have more time to actually pay attention to what I'm doing sweatdrop

If you want, I can knit one for you. PM me if you are interested.

If not, good luck with knitting your own! I know it seems very difficult at first, but after you get the hang of it you will be knitting like a pro in no time!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:36 pm
oh,how i wish i could knit that well....  

Anarchy and Strawberrys

Safiya_Ai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:34 pm
First just let me say that I am such a perfectionist. I have studied the scarf on the movie and have finally found the exact yarn they used for the movie. Also the lettering was not intarsia but was felt stitched onto the scarf. After my last few knitted Christmas gifts I plan on purchasing the yarn and finally making my own Ren scarf. I'll post pics once I'm done.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:33 am
Safiya_Ai
First just let me say that I am such a perfectionist. I have studied the scarf on the movie and have finally found the exact yarn they used for the movie. Also the lettering was not intarsia but was felt stitched onto the scarf. After my last few knitted Christmas gifts I plan on purchasing the yarn and finally making my own Ren scarf. I'll post pics once I'm done.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing the pics when you put them up. ^.^

kel aka gandy
Captain

.: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games