Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Socks

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold
  !!!
View Results

VP Club Freakin Justice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:57 am
I've been looking around for a sock pattern for a guy. Any suggestions for a pattern that's not too girly or too complicated?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:51 pm
I don't remember where I saw a reference to this pattern, but a tube sock pattern seems like it would be fairly simple to make.
http://www.frugalhaus.com/homepage/tubesks.htm I'm glad I copied it and made sure I also copied the url.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:00 am
There's a really good sock pattern in Knitting for Dummies (the only reason I bought the book) It come's in everything from itty bitty baby born yesterday to bigfoot so it's a really useful pattern. It's not to hard either (unless you have a kitten who keeps stealling your needles, grrr....)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:29 am
If you go to lionbrand.com they have 2 men's sock patterns. smile  

the_pink_ladies

Shy Shapeshifter

x_dreamweaver_x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:13 pm
I know there is a pattern named Thuja which is made for a guy. It's on knitty, somwhere... I would post the URL, but that would require work. And I just don't do that mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:35 am
That reminds me... I have to somehow invent a sock pattern for my bf. He has huuuge feet gonk and he wants the leg to go right under the knee. Lots of work. He really liked the rib of doom on the socks of doom I made for Sock Wars so I'll have to try using that too.  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces