Submit

Stephenie Meyer's playlists...
  Were extremely accurate
  Could've been better
  Influence my taste in music!
View Results

VioLetJade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:18 pm
So, as I'm sure many of us (if not all) know about the playlists Stephenie Meyer has posted on her website.
I personally thought that the songs were well-chosen, although I would have added more Evanescence.
And I learned that Stephenie Meyer has an excellent taste in music.

Now it's your turn to make up a playlist for Twilight and/or New Moon!
Do you have the same interests in music as Stephenie?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:20 pm
By the way, here's the links to the playlists:
¤ Twilight Playlist
¤ New Moon Playlist  

VioLetJade

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:30 pm
I love the ones she made. I only wish I could download all the songs she listed, still having trouble finding some of them sad  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:45 pm
Those playlists are exactly my taste in music. And the best part of finding out about it was that I got to experience and get into a lot more bands than I'm used to. For instance, I honestly had no idea about Muse before this. I'd only heard "Starlight" and "Knights of Cydonia" on my favorite radio stations, but I had no idea who they were.

"Ride" by The Vines is also extremely catchy, so I almost always listen to it first thing whenever I head out onto the road. I've also become interested in Marjorie Fair. I'm completely addicted to "Empty Room." Oh, and "Rest in Pieces;" can't get enough of that song.

Songs I knew about...I already loved Vertical Horizon, Evanescence, Coldplay, "Ya Mamma" by Fatboy Slim, Linkin Park (woot), Sugarcult, Audioslave, Dido, Keane, and Blue October. "Hate Me" is the perfect song for Edward in New Moon.

The only song I really think I would've added is "Far Away" by Nickelback, to the New Moon playlist. For some reason, it's become my official New Moon theme song.

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

xX.Twi-Lite.Xx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:25 pm
XxfushigipinayxX
Those playlists are exactly my taste in music. And the best part of finding out about it was that I got to experience and get into a lot more bands than I'm used to. For instance, I honestly had no idea about Muse before this. I'd only heard "Starlight" and "Knights of Cydonia" on my favorite radio stations, but I had no idea who they were.

"Ride" by The Vines is also extremely catchy, so I almost always listen to it first thing whenever I head out onto the road. I've also become interested in Marjorie Fair. I'm completely addicted to "Empty Room." Oh, and "Rest in Pieces;" can't get enough of that song.

Songs I knew about...I already loved Vertical Horizon, Evanescence, Coldplay, "Ya Mamma" by Fatboy Slim, Linkin Park (woot), Sugarcult, Audioslave, Dido, Keane, and Blue October. "Hate Me" is the perfect song for Edward in New Moon.

The only song I really think I would've added is "Far Away" by Nickelback, to the New Moon playlist. For some reason, it's become my official New Moon theme song.

I never knew about Linkin Park before, now I love them! I totally agree with you about "Far Away" it is perfect for both Twilight and New Moon.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:41 pm
Hmm...I've never thought about it for Twilight before, but now that I think about it, it really does work. After all, Edward and Bella can never stand being away from each other for too long :3  

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:10 pm
xX.Twi-Lite.Xx
XxfushigipinayxX

I never knew about Linkin Park before, now I love them! I totally agree with you about "Far Away" it is perfect for both Twilight and New Moon.

What are the lyrics for Far Away? I've never heard it before.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:45 pm
Here's the link to the music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm2O6AKyYVA

This time, This place
Misused, Mistakes
Too long, Too late
Who was I to make you wait
Just one chance
Just one breath
Just in case there's just one left
'Cause you know,
you know, you know

[CHORUS]
That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you'll be with me
and you'll never go
Stop breathing if
I don't see you anymore

On my knees, I'll ask
Last chance for one last dance
'Cause with you, I'd withstand
All of hell to hold your hand
I'd give it all
I'd give for us
Give anything but I won't give up
'Cause you know,
you know, you know

[CHORUS]

So far away
So far away
But you know, you know, you know

I wanted
I wanted you to stay
'Cause I needed
I need to hear you say
That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I forgive you
For being away for far too long
So keep breathing
'Cause I'm not leaving you anymore
Believe it
Hold on to me and, never let me go
Keep breathing
'Cause I'm not leaving you anymore
Believe it
Keep breathing
Keep breathing

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:38 pm
Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:07 pm
No problem.

So what'd you think?

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:47 pm
Pretty good, I have to admit. I'd never really liked Nickelback before - more my brother's taste of music.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:09 pm
Holy crow.

I just came back from finding out there was going to be a Blood and Chocolate movie, and the trailer had "Stand My Ground" by Within Temptation, so I went to their Myspace to hear their other songs, and...

"Memories" is a great song for the New Moon soundtrack whee

I'm liking this band...
-searches for more songs-

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:13 pm
XxfushigipinayxX
Holy crow.

I just came back from finding out there was going to be a Blood and Chocolate movie, and the trailer had "Stand My Ground" by Within Temptation, so I went to their Myspace to hear their other songs, and...

"Memories" is a great song for the New Moon soundtrack whee

I'm liking this band...
-searches for more songs-

Really? eek They're making a movie of that too? Where'd you see this?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:00 pm
I found it out on the biggest Twilight Myspace group, actually. So I inmediately looked up the trailer on YouTube (Click here if you haven't seen it yet).

It was so sad, though...I was reading the imdb for the movie, then I looked at the threads and people were talking about how everyone laughed at the title after the trailer was done. I thought it's a pretty unique title, and creative. I couldn't imagine myself laughing at that trailer either...

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:01 pm
It is a good title! What're they talking about?! evil