Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Knitting for Babys

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iWicked

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:26 am
I want to learn how to knit little caps for babys. I want to donate them to hospitals and things like that. This is one thing I think I could do for others and not give up on two days latter. If you know a good pattern or an organization to donate the finished caps to PM me or just replie to this. Thanks bunches!

iWicked

P.S. I'm new so tell me nicely if I'm doing something wrong please.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:12 am
I think theres a list of charities in the charity thread. 3nodding There should be some info in here.

Welcome to the guild, we don't generally bite. wink  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Maer^ier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:15 am
Mikono
I think theres a list of charities in the charity thread. 3nodding There should be some info in here.

Speak for yourself, I bite.

You'll have to use the baby type yarn. It's soo soft...

ALSO: If you're up to using smaller needles, here's a pattern.
A simple baby hat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:38 am
iWicked
I want to learn how to knit little caps for babys. I want to donate them to hospitals and things like that. This is one thing I think I could do for others and not give up on two days latter. If you know a good pattern or an organization to donate the finished caps to PM me or just replie to this. Thanks bunches!

iWicked

P.S. I'm new so tell me nicely if I'm doing something wrong please.

OMG eek my mom was just telling me I could do that and I was going to and was looking for patterns just now!!! blaugh heart  

the_pink_ladies

Shy Shapeshifter

the_pink_ladies

Shy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:41 am
Maer^ier
Mikono

Speak for yourself, I bite.

You'll have to use the baby type yarn. It's soo soft...

ALSO: If you're up to using smaller needles, here's a pattern.
A simple baby hat

about that hat....the small is too big, you would need a pattern for a premie or newborn.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:49 am
Crap, you're right. I mostly size them down/freeform them with a basic idea of what I'm going to do...

I'm going to look around a bit for them now.

Maer^ier

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:59 pm
I don't have the bookmarks anymore, i cleaned things up and i didn't feel i needed the baby patterns any more, as i have a book. sweatdrop Firra-chan should be popping in any moment now with some links. *has great faith in firra-chan's ability to pop in with patterns*  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:10 pm
Google "charity preemie cap" or "charity newborn hat" and you'll get a bunch of hits - then just look through for one you like. 3nodding You could even try adding on a keyword if there's a specific thing you'd like to see. Also, www.lionbrand.com has a bunch of baby animal hats, if you'd like something more whimsical. But for charity, I'd got to a site specifically listing patterns for charity, as they will tell you exactly what is needed.  

kamiyra

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:46 pm
If this was sewing I could probibly help you out a lot more,
but allas,

I am however very impressed with how charitable everybody is.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:16 pm
you could buy the knifty knitter. Its 15 dollars and its super easy to use. In the package (well, in mine anyway) it has a pattern on how to make a hat. All you would have to do is use the smallest size and make the hat  

hyper_azn_girl

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:23 am
hyper_azn_girl
you could buy the knifty knitter. Its 15 dollars and its super easy to use. In the package (well, in mine anyway) it has a pattern on how to make a hat. All you would have to do is use the smallest size and make the hat

I never thought about that, that's a really good idea.
The only link I can give ya is Knitting Pattern Central. I don't know if they have anything specific to charity knitting, but if all else fails, they have tons of hat patterns.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:44 am
The caps to the capital project that's from www.savethechildren.org (you can find more charities in the charity projects sticky) has patterns for hats, both knit and crochet, specifically for newborns. Here's the link: http://www.savethechildren.org/publications/reports/kit11.pdf  

Maki Minakoaino

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff