Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Tutorial Joe Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

`R a i n b o w

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:54 pm
[User Image]

so, i got bored just now and i went through the tutorial, and one part told me to look in the family tree
    and i found out that Tutorial Joe is Bob & Betty Newbie's kid from TS1 [though their last name is Sim- and they've been Sims2ified]
    i find that amusing
    xD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:00 pm
I don't like how they've converted TS1 sims to TS2 sims.

I mean, have you seen Bella Goth?

I got so fed up with it that I created my own Goths. talk2hand  

Newly Appointed Secretary

Greenzally

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:36 pm

OH OH!

I WANT THE NEWBIES BACK!

DO YOU THINK I COULD RESSURECT THEM? AND MOVE THEM OUT? INTO A NORMAL NEIGHBOURHOOD?! gonk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:39 am
I once resurrected Michael Bachelor, then de-aged him using the InSIMenator. For some reason he turned out to be a blonde with gray eyebrows. Freaky.

Also, Tutorial Joe isn't really the "true" heir of the Newbies, Brandi Broke is. Take a look through her family tree.

Finally, I believe I've seen people take up projects to recreate characters from the original game in The Sims 2.  

Sarahsuke

Fluffy Cat

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:48 am
I have a glitch in my game and so now one of the Sims I created is related to Betty Newbie! It didn't happen by me marrying off Sims or anything like that. I just created an elderly lady called Belinda Blind and when I checked her family tree the game reckons she is Betty's sister! Checking the tree from Bradi's house gives the same results. Weird huh?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:16 pm
Menaceman
I have a glitch in my game and so now one of the Sims I created is related to Betty Newbie! It didn't happen by me marrying off Sims or anything like that. I just created an elderly lady called Belinda Blind and when I checked her family tree the game reckons she is Betty's sister! Checking the tree from Bradi's house gives the same results. Weird huh?

You know, that made me think.....

What if Betty and Bob Newbie are sort of the "Adam & Eve" of The Sims? surprised  

athena08905

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:09 pm

What if Betty and Bob Newbie are sort of the "Adam & Eve" of The Sims? surprised

you know what...I think that is pretty much the truth...we even have a whole bunch of stories that we...I guess the desciples? have presumed or guessed or made up about them!! like how Betty is related to Joe or what-not...I like where your head is...very...amazing that you thought of that...I just really like it lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:42 pm
Menaceman

Interesting... I like this theory a lot too.  

Princess Harmonia

`R a i n b o w

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:58 pm

[User Image]

true
    and the pleasants rolleyes
    [or is the dad like, a child of the original?]
    oh but, seriously, there really wasn't many ways to change the face
    so they might as well of made a different person, because it's not like her face was much different than any of the others in TS1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:59 pm
Greenzally

OH OH!

I WANT THE NEWBIES BACK!

DO YOU THINK I COULD RESSURECT THEM? AND MOVE THEM OUT? INTO A NORMAL NEIGHBOURHOOD?! gonk
[User Image]

probably,
    i'm not sure if you can actually play tutorial joe without it being a tutorial
    never tried
    that was the first time i've gone through the tutorial
    and i just did the "Beyond the Basics" one

`R a i n b o w

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:30 am
`R a i n b o w

[User Image]

true
    and the pleasants rolleyes
    [or is the dad like, a child of the original?]
    oh but, seriously, there really wasn't many ways to change the face
    so they might as well of made a different person, because it's not like her face was much different than any of the others in TS1

I don't know, I just didn't like "fat-cheek" Bella.

I mean, if you compare her to the "Bella Squared" picture, you can see a big difference.

The Bella I re-created resembles the picture, with a few exceptions.

Also, did you know that they removed the hairstyle Bella has in the "Bella Squared" picture, as well as many others? surprised  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:09 pm
Oh there are LOADS of hair styles and clothes that maxis left out.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

[tofu][rocket]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:10 am
Menaceman
Oh there are LOADS of hair styles and clothes that maxis left out.

I know.. It's sorta weird. I really would've liked some more .... PRETTY clothes and hairs. (Especially the hair for guys.. I only use the spiked one..
U__U )  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:45 am
`R a i n b o w
Greenzally

OH OH!

I WANT THE NEWBIES BACK!

[User Image]

probably,
    i'm not sure if you can actually play tutorial joe without it being a tutorial
    never tried
    that was the first time i've gone through the tutorial
    and i just did the "Beyond the Basics" one
I'd love to do that, but how would one go aobut doing that? And it's not like Tutorial Joe "exists" in Pleasantview, so I think you'd have to go about it through Brandi.

Infinity-Nevermore

lilyukina32784

3,150 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:06 pm
`R a i n b o w
[User Image]

so, i got bored just now and i went through the tutorial, and one part told me to look in the family tree
    and i found out that Tutorial Joe is Bob & Betty Newbie's kid from TS1 [though their last name is Sim- and they've been Sims2ified]
    i find that amusing
    xD

i looked at that the other day ... kinda interesting  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out