Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
Pets; What Do You Think? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Pinku.The.Sushi]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:22 pm
Hi there. I was wondering what do you guys think about the Pets expansion pack? I'm just looking for feedback and more info than it gives in the manuel.. since I can't play it yet. ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:46 pm
Warning long reply ahead!

I know some people where upset there wasn't more non pet related content added in. Also the training of the animals is a little annoying. You have to teach them to to eat pet or sim food, go on or stay off of sim beds and furniture, be friendly or aggressive, be filthy or clean. You also have to teach them commands for their jobs like speak, sit, stay, play dead. You don't directly control them unless they have learned some of the above behaviors then you can make them to go eat or go to the bathroom. The digging of the holes in the middle of the night was the most annoying to me cause you also get a dirty dog.

Personally I like this expansion pack. I enjoy finally being able to have pets. It would be nice if my families could have cas made puppies and kitties, not just the ones in the adoption center. I love the interactions. Who hasn't pretended to throw a stick just to watch the dog look for where it went. One of my sim's collies cuddling with the toddler was super cute. The play dead animation is so funny, both the teaching sim and the pet. I also like watching the cats pounce on its toy mouse.

One of my sims seems to be a wolf magnet, they are always coming around barking at the front door. I've had a couple black and one white wolf along with both leader of the pack with the glowy eyes come around. It was funny when one of the leaders came over and when he was greeted went to the bay window, put his paws up on it and barked at traffic. XD

There is a lot of content for the pets toys, beds, food dishes. The ability to customize the coat is amazing. You can adds tons of layers at different opacities. You can also make some really unique features. I've seen cabbits - rabbit looking cats, Cat that look like foxes. Dogs that look like bears, deer sheep and some so ugly only a mother could love it. Haahaa  

Sinopa

Lily Rabbit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:41 pm
I think it's pretty neat. It seems like there were a few bugs they needed to iron out but I haven't really gotten any.

Training IS a little annoying but I guess it adds a touch of realism to it all.. Being able to create kittens and puppies in CAS would indeed be pretty excellent.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:49 pm
Hehe, now I'm all the more anxious to play it.  

[Pinku.The.Sushi]

Princess Poonka

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:09 am
I like the pets! And in response to the person who said you can't control pets, you actuallly can. You have to use a cheat code, though. To me, though, the funnest part of the game needs cheat codes. I like building new houses over water and bridges. I keep killing the birds, though sad Those things need to be fed all the time!

If you love your sims 2, I highly recommend getting pets. If you have business, you can open a fun pet store.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:26 am
me personally...i just hatet one thing, and thats the puppies. they cant go up stairs but they can go down the stairs...its annoying...  

~.~Serena Malefocent~.~

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:35 pm
User Image
I was never a huge fan of the pets in the original sims. Too much work then and much more work now.

But common, you got to have ALL of the sim pack. wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:07 pm
I played my sis's pets, and my own non-pets sims, and I find no difference because I don't bother with the pets. They are just a nousince in my oppinion.

Soo...to answer the question, I think it is a waste of 30 bucks. It doesn't add anything, but it doesn't take away much from the game. (Stupid random animals...)  

Falstead

4,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50

[Pinku.The.Sushi]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:28 pm
Random animals. I never liked the racoons, skunks, roaches, mice, and over amount of flies in Unleashed. Very annoying. They don't have roaches in Pet's..do they?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:03 am
"Vermin"

but it's in all of the Sims 2  

Falstead

4,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50

[Pinku.The.Sushi]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:41 am
Oops. I forgot they had vermin already.. I guess I just never got them. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:56 pm
I love pets! It's really cool to make them have little babies...

I think nightlife is better though. You can infest your town with vampires!!  

Lady Obsidian

kry.pto

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:12 pm
me im not digging it i have pet in real life thats driving me crazy cant take a virtual one  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:29 pm
i must agree with shiver'

pets are a LOT of work, but they do bring in a nice income if you take the time to train them.

but yeah you have to have ALL the sims packs, it just makes it more fun, i mean, i hate uni, well, not completely, it just doesnt really cover college years very well in my opinion, but unis items and jobs and such make up for it...in due time people will say they dislike seasons cause of all the work involved with caring for a garden or the constant sunburns and frozen blocks of simsicles, but hey, its life, its suppost to be a lil difficult, if they made it easy it wouldnt cover their human behavior in which they try to display in the game...  

~.~Serena Malefocent~.~

UndisputedIntercourse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:45 pm
I DO LOVE it but there are glitches! heart  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items