Ancestral lineage/family history Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:37 am
There was talk in another thread about where peoples families are from, so I thought it might be an interesting topic. Where does your family orginate? Are you related to anyone famous? How much of a mongerel are you?

I'm quite a mongerel. Am German, Polish, Irish, English and a sprinkling of Chinese. My dad moved to Australia from Germany as a child and mums family has been here for over 100 years. My great-great grandfather on my mums side moved over here from china in the gold rush times and made shoes in the gold fields. He was orsm at it apprently. All the patriotic americans were pissed off that their comrades were buying shoes from a chinaman.
As far as I know I'm only related to one famous historical figure, and that's Field Marshal Rommel, or the desert fox as people called him. sweatdrop Hitlers favourite general and all round tactical genius guy. He was my great grandmothers cousin or something similar.

So there you go, family history. Some find it interesting, some would rather eat hair.

Share!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:02 am
Being Hungarian along with the rest of the family, all i can say is... we have a history that involves heavy.... heavy... heavy drinking...

Bloody Hungarians...

its the excuse i use for almost any question asked...

'Why drink so much?' Hey, im Hungarian
'Nice Car, that must've set you back aye?' Yeah, well im Hungarian
'Would you go out with me' Sorry, im Hungarian (one day i will actually use that)  

StreekG

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:22 pm
Nice one Streek. xd

I remember the thread in which lineage was brought up, hurrah!

Unfortunately I don't know too much about my history on either side. My great-great grandfather was illegitimate, though he came from England. Because he was illegitimate, there's speculation he was the son of a Baron or Earl of England, but nothing solid of course. From my father's side we're mostly British, a mixing of all the people of the Isles. My mothere's side is where the European comes in, but that's very faint, and I don't even know where along the lineage it is. sweatdrop

So yes, I am mongerel like you EmWah. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:29 pm
Who knows what my lineage is... All I know is that my last name is extremely old English, and my mother's parents last name is German... Who knows where it goes from there... Though, in different situations you can notice a lot of different cultures in me...  

Delithraldur

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:41 pm
Fork and spoon. 3nodding

Hmm, my Great Great Grandfather on my Father's side was from Limerick (Ireland), my Great Great Grandfather on my Father's mother's side was Polish. I believe it's much the same way back for the descendants of my Mother. I believe they were English.
Interesting thing I picked up is that my Ancestor Adam Musgrave was a Baron under the Norman feudal system. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:59 am
Both sides of my family are Cantonese. Yarh, fully Chinese.
My family isn't very exciting.

My grandfather's cousin made this machine that when you put all the ingredients of a spring roll in, they make it! O: It's cool as. He's made other ones to make other thingos. We're gonna get one. xp
My great grandfather tried to assasinate a president. biggrin
My cat rescued a mouse.
That fairy winked at me.

Yes I'm going off track..but it's fun.
Just to tell you, none of that was true..apart from that machine. That's real. My family actually isn't very exciting..
I don't even have a cat.

Luminescence

nrasjaa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:34 am
im a Fijian Indian. as in mah oldies grand oldies (something like a couple of hundred years ago) were brought from india as slaves to work in teh sugar cane plantations. this resulted in a bloody half mix of a weirdo culture which is a mix of indian and english and native fijian. sweatdrop

mah grand parents on both sides own sugar cane plantations but in like the late 60's on mah dad's side they all got into construction and everyone in mah family is an engineer. mah dad and mah cousin are civil engineers, and mah uncle on mah mum's side is an engineer for the UN. and yea so i guess that's where i gets it from. and yea that's mah life history 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:00 am
I don't know my ancestry, but I wouldn't want to visit there... All I know is that my surname is of French origin, good nows how as if anybody's seen my family there would be now way yu could make the link...

Unholy Meatpuppet

iamNOTanidiot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:40 am
My family is from two different parts of the world, both bought to australia for a new life.

My mother's side of the family came over to Australia on the second fleet. I have a relative that was born when the boats were going around the Cape of Good Hope and he was called Henry Hope Smith. So they are part of Australia's Hertiage.

My father's side of the family came to Australia during the second world war. My father's mother's father was the gardener to the Romanov's and got out of Russia before they were killed, and when he came to Australia was the gardener for the Grace Brother's (yes the guys who made the store). But they were not Russia, but Estonian. As is most of my father's side of the family. The main reason why my father's father came Australia was because the imergation papers came in before the American papers did. My father's father has been working with computers ever since they were brought here as two store mainframes.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:30 pm
hmmm okay this is gunna be long *takes a deep breath*
Im flemish
And if u were dutchie you would know what it is.... So ask some dutchie and they can explain it to you i think its a Mix of lke the netherlands parts of england and france and germany
Im an anglo aussie with bits and pieces of different cpountries in me its crazie
and thats all i know at the moment if u wanna knw more Pm me ~_^  

Alexie_dennison

6,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200

scruffy012

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:55 am
well...... heres my story....

im a bit scottish, english, adn maybe a bit irish.... dunno on that one as i dont know my grand-fathers lineage.... my mothers, mum is scottish adn moved over here around the age of 4-5. and stayed here ever since except with the occasional visit over there, i dont know my mothers fathers lineage, as ive never seen or heard of him... my fathers mother, (King) is decended from england, and the only thign that i know of my grandfathers lineage is that alexander clough was on the first fleet, and this is what i found on the university of wollongong website (p.s. its just coinicience that the ship and name are spelt the same)

Richard CLEUGH/CLOUGH/CLUGH
Alternative names: Alexander

He was tried at Durham, County of Durham on 19 July 1785 for stealing cash with a value of 470 shillings. He was sentenced to transportation for 7 years having been originally sentenced to death, and left England on the Alexander aged about 26 at that time (May 1787). He had no occupation recorded. He died in 1893.

Notes: Partners in the original crime were John Stokoe and George Sharp.

so if yr last names are those, u never know lol 3nodding

other than that that is all i know so far....

(if any one else wants the 1st fleet database heres the site :- "http://cedir.uow.edu.au/programs/FirstFleet/search.html"  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:37 am
StreekG
Being Hungarian along with the rest of the family, all i can say is... we have a history that involves heavy.... heavy... heavy drinking...

Bloody Hungarians...

its the excuse i use for almost any question asked...

'Why drink so much?' Hey, im Hungarian
'Nice Car, that must've set you back aye?' Yeah, well im Hungarian
'Would you go out with me' Sorry, im Hungarian (one day i will actually use that)

all i can say is "kurwa"

polish born and raised...came here in 93...

heritage all polish...

if you wana date me you must eat alot, drink alot and play soccer or like boxing lol

you know you're polish when your relos make you eat 24/7, love your meat and potatoes
we invented vodka hehe...  

weeping pixie

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:00 am
weeping pixie
you know you're polish when your relos make you eat 24/7, love your meat and potatoes

I love meat and potatoes, but only my step-grandfather was Polish, so no blood relations. Wish I'd gotten to know him, because my parents tell stories of how much of an awesome guy he was, but he died when I was 3 or 4.

I also like Vodka, xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:05 am
WellzY
weeping pixie

I love meat and potatoes, but only my step-grandfather was Polish, so no blood relations. Wish I'd gotten to know him, because my parents tell stories of how much of an awesome guy he was, but he died when I was 3 or 4.

I also like Vodka, xd

hehe it seems the polish habits move on those that know polish people heeh  

weeping pixie

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:07 am
Quite possibly, although he didn't marry my Grandmah untill after my mum and dad had been married, but he was very influential. He taught me dad to be more affectionate and hug his family, which he's spread to his side of the family now. 3nodding  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff