Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Arm Warmers?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

face2face

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:07 pm
Does anyone have a simple pattern for knit arm warmers? The only pattern I found for the length I wanted was a little higher than my skill level. I've searched high and low and I'm ready to pull my hair out.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:56 pm
What do you consider simple? Can you work in the round? Increases and decreses are probably going to be needed.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

kamiyra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:15 pm
Although if you don't want to increase or decrease, you can get a pretty close fit with a 1x1 rib. 3nodding Or you can just put elastic in the top to hold it up.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:10 pm
depending on your skill level though . . . elastic can be a monkey to work with if you have no clue what you're doing. I do suggest elastic vs anything though xd  

sakurachan61123

kamiyra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:58 pm
sakurachan61123
depending on your skill level though . . . elastic can be a monkey to work with if you have no clue what you're doing. I do suggest elastic vs anything though xd

Depends on what you mean by elastic. I was thinking the loverly technique of knitting it about half an inch longer than it has to be, laying some quarter inch elastic, folding it over, and sewing it down. xd Or knitting it even longer and using half inch elastic for a sturdier fit.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:25 pm

Try this one from Knitty.
Voodoo wrist warmers!

You need to know:
k2, p2 rib
knitting in the round
Binding off
and how to make a button hole (but they also link to a tutorial for it)

It's really simple and you can easily alter the pattern for length/width

Sir Camm

150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

VP Club Freakin Justice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:00 am
If you find shorter length pattern that you like, do what I did and just add more length to it. That worked out fairly well. I'll try to get a picture.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:03 am
When I made arm warmers for my daughter I knit a rectangle using a 2x2 rib and sewed it up the long way. I knit the first 2 inches and last 2 inches on smaller needles. They seem to have held up well.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces