Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phil. Project: Bogus, or Truth?
  Bogus.
  Truth
View Results

XxDea7h 3me2puSxX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:24 pm
Sometime around 1942, the government, in columbia, were striving to create a technology that would degauss our naval ships. The project was released to the public, an apparent breakthrough. To degauss it, they wrapped copper wire all around the ship. The reason for this was to create a "shield" around the ship so that underwater mines didn't detect it.

So, they wrapped the wire around the naval ship, a full crew inside. Once ready, they initiated the progect. After they did so, they abandoned it completely, the public not knowing exactly what happened. The government denied questions asked.

According to certain sources, here is what really happened:
After turning on the power to the copper wire, a massive spontaneous current of heat flowed through the wires. A green fog spawned from the intense heat. The next thing they knew, the ship turned up in Norfolk, Virginia. According to scientists/reporters, the spontaneous heat current bent light around the ship and broke the space/time continum. In doing this, it "teleported" to Norfolk, Virginia. Part of the mystery behind this is when they found the crew. Some were fused into the hull, some reported to be missing, and a few mentally unstable.

What are your thoughts on this incident? Do you believe it, or do you think it is a bunch of bull crap? I personally think that it could be possible to a certain degree.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:35 pm
we don't like to publicize our failures, for pride's sake.

and we don't public our successes, so we can have a strategic advantage.

either way, the public hears nothing.  

chessiejo

wiffle bean

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:02 pm
If teleporting were that easy trust me we'd be using it now. The government would have been all over that like white on rice. Maybe it would have been an accident in '42 but by now they could have worked it out. You don't think they wouldn't jump at the chance to teleport to where Osama was or something like that?

I am sure it happened, and I'm sure something bad happened. You can't just wrap a sub in copper wire and not expect something bad to happen....
Do I think it was teleportation...nope.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:01 pm
I don't think anything really happened. I think someone wanted something to happen so they made a story that something happened. That way someone got what they wanted.  

Die_Katze

XxDea7h 3me2puSxX

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:02 pm
Gutter.Faerie
If teleporting were that easy trust me we'd be using it now. The government would have been all over that like white on rice. Maybe it would have been an accident in '42 but by now they could have worked it out. You don't think they wouldn't jump at the chance to teleport to where Osama was or something like that?

I am sure it happened, and I'm sure something bad happened. You can't just wrap a sub in copper wire and not expect something bad to happen....
Do I think it was teleportation...nope.

What makes you think we aren't teleporting?

And it's not that simple... You can't just appear somewhere. It's completely random. The whole thing is about dimension traveling, really. I mean, the thing is, we don't know where Osama is! We can't teleport somewhere without knowing the location. And with the random effect, people would notice by the time we found Osama.

The whole principle is basically melting your craft into another dimension, and coming out the other side... like a wormhole. Only... we can't do this. Why?
Because, the human body is basically not fit for traveling between realms.... and you would be lucky to come out the other side even with a mental problem.  
Literate Hell

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games