Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
A MEMBER OF THIS GUILD.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kill her!
?
100%
 100%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 16

Galadedrid Damodred

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:51 pm
Cherry_Bomber
blaugh blaugh LOL, AWESOME!!!!!!
Better?

It is not that bad, right? Only a "lol". But this was written by a member of this guild! My sister, Cherry_Bomber, a member of the Gaian Grammar Guild, used the word "lol"! She did! This I swear under the Light by my hope of salvation and rebirth! Cherry_Bomber used the word "lol"!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:14 am
It's really not that bad. You don't have to get so mad. LOL isn't like a bad word or anything. Just chill out.  

[.Snow Angel.]

dark_elf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:50 pm
It isn't that bad. I'm not bugged about it, unless she used lol in every sentence and started a thread with that post.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:25 pm
As long as it doesn't happen too often I'm not really bothered by "lol". What does bother me about that word, however, is when people abuse it. I personally never use "lol", but that's just me.  

Angel80272

ChibbiChlessla

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:11 pm
All of this violence! Surely it's not required.

Io's wheel turns, and they'll get reincarnated as flies. ^.^

Personally, I don't think 'lol' is all that bad, I personally don't use it because it feels..fake, and impersonal. I might say it out loud when talking to my friends, but that's mostly to make fun of the people who use it all the time.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:52 am
Okay, NOW you're overreacting, child.

Chill. It's just "LOL". It was only used once.

whee  

Miss Irene Adler

Luxx Aeternam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:41 pm
I really don't think "lol" is that bad. I personally do not use it, but it is really more of an abbreviation for an action that there is no real way to describe. You could type, "hahaha." but that just seems stupid. So under certain circumstances, lol could be acceptable. (But I still think that it is over-used.)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:17 pm
It's not that bad. I use "lol" too. Of course, I'm usually sugar high when it happens, but it's still not that big of a deal. Also, she's your sister! Why are you criticizing kin? I do it all of the time at home, but never online. It might be embarrassing unless you checked with her first.  

Cheerfulhope

Varun_Pramanik

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:05 am
Were you trying to get some revenge or were you just overreacting?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:24 am
You guys, I think he said before that this girl is his sister. Which means he's teasing her. He's not being serious, so it's cool.  

rae-chan-sensei

Lonely Kitten

The_0ther_Account

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:16 am
"lol" isn't actually that bad...even I use it sometimes. But only sparringly(is that a word?).  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:30 am
Overreaction, much? I hate people when they say "lol" as much as the next person, but only if they use it in every other sentence they type. It's alright, now move on. There are much worse people out there.

Shigures Editor

Ellis Bell Esq.

Thirteenth Partier

400 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:39 pm
I personally prefer "lawlz".

It's so much more hip than the average "lol" or "rotfl". cool  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:00 pm
i use "lol" or a different version, only because its so much easier to say than what some people do by using "*laughing*" or "*rolling on floor laughing*" ect.
its no big deal  

Noche Flor

Zealot of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:07 pm
AAHHHHH!!!! It's the forbidden acronym, "lol"!!!

*sigh*

Okay, just chill down. We don't support the usage of lol, but you don't have to start a thread just to flame a user on this guild. rolleyes

Okay. Now that I've wrapped it up, I'm locking this thread down.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games