Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
have i got news for you

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

abiric

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:17 am
i got myself an A grade in textiles because of my lilly sewing machine so my mum bourght me a laptop how cool is that. mrgreen
what grade did you get or hopeing to get heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:27 am
Damn I wish my parents could buy me a laptop for good grades. Lucky dog. Then I'd really work my a** off lol  

gemini6184

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:40 am
I got laptop fomr the rents. Using it right now. The problem? It cost about 3k. So- it was graduation, birthday and christmas that year. It was mandatory for my major, too. >< (design school= ubber laptops of doom)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:04 am
Meh. It doesn't matter how good my grades are, i don't get anything special. cry
You'd think the fact that i'm going into college a year and a half early would do -something- but no.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Silvander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:09 pm
I graduated at 15 and that got me a promise from my parents to match whatever money I could put into it to get me a lappy. I love my lappy. She is teh beautiful. heart Course the money matching part meant that it was graduation and Christmas that year. But strangely, not the birthday even though that was situated right smack between the two....
It became christmas because it took til October to get it in from wherever they ordered it from, and Dad (who i swaer I will not kill ninja ) decided that he'd just withold it til christmas. evil  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:16 pm
abiric
i got myself an A grade in textiles because of my lilly sewing machine so my mum bourght me a laptop how cool is that. mrgreen
what grade did you get or hopeing to get heart

Congratulations on your A! I was always just expected to get good grades so I didn't get anything special when I got them. Bad grades however got me in big trouble. I remember being grounded for the entire term when my history teacher gave me a D because he lost the packet that was worth most of our grade. I got an A on the test, so that should have told people that I had done the work, but the school counselor was the only one who believed me.
Be good to your laptop. biggrin  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

kamiyra

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:46 am
ForestGreen
Congratulations on your A! I was always just expected to get good grades so I didn't get anything special when I got them. Bad grades however got me in big trouble. I remember being grounded for the entire term when my history teacher gave me a D because he lost the packet that was worth most of our grade. I got an A on the test, so that should have told people that I had done the work, but the school counselor was the only one who believed me.
Be good to your laptop. biggrin

Flashback to freshman year of high school... I was out on extended absence for mono, and not only did the teacher not understand that everything that I needed to do to make up my work was supposed to be on the sheets she sent home (and she therefore gave me zeroes in a bunch of presentations I obviously couldn't be there for), she also made me take a make-up test orally. On material I learned completely on my own, from the book, while majorly sick. Can we say failing grade? I got an almost perfect score on the final (earlier the same day I had to make up that test, even!), so she oh-so-graciously bumped my grade up to a D+. rolleyes As if I didn't still have to retake the units later for her stupidity.

and no, kochi and I get no rewards either. Punishment usually isn't that extended (of course, grounding in our house means doing nothing besides school and housework, 24/7), but we are most definitely expected to get good grades.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:58 am
he he he he he
I just got a new computer too and it goes VERRRRRROOOOOOMMM!
my stepdad got himself a new computer so I got his old one. But his old one was only a year old and since he likes computers it was all sorts of aweseome when he got it new.  

I be me
Vice Captain

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:30 am
I got a laptop for graduation. It was on sale for 2k, but it would've been 3k. Luckily for me, my parents(aka my Dad) had been promising me a laptop since I was 8, so it was JUST my grad present.
And I was always expected to get good grades, but I got screwed over a lot, and I have some issues with the way most high school classes are set up(as in I don't agree with homework, it's pointless and stupid for me) so I tended to get not so good grades, though towards the end my parents stopped caring and just wanted me to graduate. Especially when my mom finally realized it couldn't be ENTIRELY my fault, with druggy teachers and teachers that didn't care, since I got As and Bs with all the good teachers.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:36 am

w00t!
Congrats on getting the A and laptop. ;D

Back when I was actually in public school {{ probably about grade 4 >.>;; }} my parents decided that they would give me $50 everytime I got a 95-100 on homework.
..they stopped doing that after two weeks though. xD
I never really got any kind of gifts like that, other than the money. They bought me a laptop once and then turned around and gave it to my grandmother.
Later on they bought me a new computer but took it to their store to use. x_x;

I so want a laptop now. >.>

.Frivolous.Maverick.

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:37 pm
I did so well in highschool that my parents started expecting my grade average to by about 96.4, something I achieved without noticing the amount of effort I put in, because of my two best friends, one moved 30 minutes away in 9th grade, and one moved two states over in 10th.
Fast-forward four years to this semester in college. I failed my Japanese final (first time I'd failed anything, test or otherwise, since 5th grade spelling) because 15 minutes befor the exam I got a text message from my older sister saying my Mom had been in a bad car accident, the minivan was totaled, and my sister was on the way to the hospital. Needless to say, I couldn't concentrate, failed the exam, and got a C+ in the course overall. When grades were posted, Mom (who's fine) gave me a lecture about applying myself and maybe spending a bit less time being a social butterfly if I want to get into grad school.
The moral of the story is never over achieve out of sheer boredom- it will bite you in the butt if you ever decide to take a more laid back approach.

Congrats on the laptop and the A- I love my little white macbook, so I understand the pride!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:14 pm
What? Rewards for grades?

Psh. My parents lecture me on how I can do better when I get an A- or, heaven forbid, a B+. Which is frequently. I don't see what their issue is. I failed four of seven classes two years ago but moved on to highschool anyway through the miracle of the no child left behind act, and now I've improved my grades to the upper range.

What is their deal?

Stupid over-achieving older brother with a full-ride scholarship.

Congrats on the laptop though. They are such beautiful peices of technology. My mother let me borrow hers for a week or so when our computer was being buggy so I could work on my novel. It was wonderful. Sitting in bed as snow falls and writing is a fabulous experience. Only laptops have that kind of mobility though. Well, paper and pencil, but OW! I've probably got carpal tunnel as it is from knitting.

Maer^ier

darkflame91

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:54 am
go you blaugh  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out