Reply 51: Philosophy.
Collingwoods Model

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

katarasin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:56 am
I need a little help with it. I am in a Philosophy of Education class and I have to figure out how to "apply" education to the Collingwood model. so if there is anyone who knows what i'm talking about and can just get a general discussion with me going i think i can figure out how to do it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:39 am
Is this the person you're model is talking about? R. G. Collingwood There were several people by that name I found but no specific "Collingwood model" came up.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

katarasin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:16 am
yup. he's the one.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:13 pm
Mm'kay, well, I'm going to skip over evaluating anything about this guy since you have to do work on him reguardless of the outcome, so here's the best I can say for the assignment: This was the part of the wiki article I think is what you'll need for the assignment, "Collingwood held that historical understanding occurs when an Historian undergoes the very same thought processes as did the historical personage whom he or she is studying and that in some sense, 'recollection' of past thought by an Historian is the very same 'thinking' as that of the historical personage." So to apply this idea to education, it would mean essentialy trying to have teachers and students understand how each other is thinking. The teacher knows already what a lesson is about in order to be teaching it (or at least I'd sure hope they're not trying to teach what they don't even know themselves) and so what they have to do is get the students to understand their, the teacher's, way of thinking about it so it will make sense to them. Also/or the teacher can try to understand the thought process going through the mind of a student who is not getting something in order to figure out why they aren't understanding something and how you can explain something to them in a way that they will get it and put teacher and student back on the same wavelength.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

51: Philosophy.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces