Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pirates Of The Caribbean, The Official Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply Welcome To The Deck Luv
-le gasp- A FOURTH PotC? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

More Gold?
  <3
View Results

Baked-Not Fried

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:23 pm
I went to the movies a while ago, and before the previews they had like, Hollywood Insider information and whatnot. It said that even before the 3rd movie being released, Johnny Depp signed to appear in a FOURTH movie! Elizabeth Swann won't be making an appearance however, as she stated to Flare magazine (I think) that she feels she's outgrown the character, and won't be going beyond the third installment.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:04 pm
Well that certainly is a thought to think about.
3nodding

Then she must die in the third sometime.
-States the Obvious-
Acctually, I wouldn't mind seeing her die.
And no it's not because of my rabid-fangirl half either.
Which I know you all were thinking of..
stare
But I think it would be a nice twist to the story, But none the less a little odd with her not being there.
And there is also the problem with dear William.
I wonder what he'll do without her.. ?
neutral

-Cough,Cough- He could always come to Canada with me. That's always an option.. -Cough,Cough-

But I think it would be a little akward with a fourth to tell the truth.
As much as I love Potc, You have to know when to let go..
And better yet, When to stop making them..
I don't want them to over-do it with like a cinqantiligy ?
O.o
I don't know what it's called..
I know 3 is Trilogy.

But anyways, That's my say for this topic..
3nodding

[Hockey.Ch!ck]

ShadyPrincess

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:38 pm
[_ User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. _] The fool doth think he is wise...

I completely agree with Hockey.Ch!ck.

As much as I love the series... I hope they don't make another one unless they can come up with SEAMLESS, absolutely AMAZING fourth idea.

I think that if they make a fourth one, they will BUTCHER the idea, and people will just get tired of it.
I love PotC as much as the next person in this guild, but I really don't think they should do a fourth.
I was honestly surprised, but ecstatic when I heard they were coming out with a second and third.

I just think that if they make a fourth, the Pirates of the Caribbean "legend" will lose a lot of it's luster because they're dragging it on.
It makes a good trilogy; but I don't think it'll make anything better than that.

... But the wise man knows himself to be a fool. [_ User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. _]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:59 pm
I hope Elizabeth doesn't die...I hope none of the main characters die...it would just be awkward without any one of them in my opinion.

I read on another website that Keira would continue with the PotC series if they did go on and that the others were complete lies...

But...I don't really want to see a fourth unless it's absolutely perfect and happens to blow me away.

ElizabethSwann17

Kibo Botch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:54 am
[Hockey.Ch!ck]

do it with like a cinqantiligy ?
O.o
I don't know what it's called..
I know 3 is Trilogy.

I believe they call that a Rocky-ilogy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:00 am
I heard the 4th rumour as well and some other things about it since it would be disney.

Johnny apparently would be willing.
Likely-hood of a direct-to-video release is probably.
It would be animated and based of the illustrated version of the characters that are now appearing on merchandise.
If it's not animated, it will probably be a Prequel dealing with Beckett and Jack working for the East India Trading company.  

Solaris

orexis_mort

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:23 pm
i would love it if there as a POTC were it was purly about jack. like i was begging at the start of the second one. i would have loved to have seen more of what happened in the actuall place.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
I am so happy that if they make a fourth, Elizabeth wont be in it. Truth, I hope the fourth is about Jacks past. That would make a great movie. With Will Turner (The dad) before the mutiny and maybe how jack became a Pirate in the first place. Oh, and how he met what his name, the one that branded him. That definitly has some history.  

Serenity-Revers

6,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ElizabethSwann17

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:13 pm
Eh...I don't want an animated movie! I want actors! *pout*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:27 pm
I work for Disney and it is done at the third one. JD said he would love to do another but so far there is nothing even being talked about. and if they were going to do it they probalby would have triple shot to save money  

Mrs_Captain_Jack_Sparrow

Alpine

Salty Sweetheart

11,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:57 pm
I'm surprised they won't make it into a TV series kind of like LOST. That would be...er...interesting. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:58 pm
Alpine
I'm surprised they won't make it into a TV series kind of like LOST. That would be...er...interesting. lol

That would be interesting, but I think Johnny's outgrown his TV days, its just hard to top Jump Street  

Baked-Not Fried

jambare

7,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:41 pm
I read somewhere that Johnny Depp really liked his Jack Sparrow character and would play it as long as they had movies for it.....  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:59 pm
well, friends yes, the rumors are true, i've read the interviews and it's official. Plus, Johnny Dept himself said he would play jack sparrow ten thousand if he have too and that it's the best character he ever played. Plus, rumors have been confirm that one of the main characters are really going to die, probably in the fourth movie. Disney is saying that will turner has to go, because some say he's not such a main character and that probably jack stays with Elizabeth. and That they already have an idea for a fourth, fifth and sixth movie for pirates! YEAH! the only thing i pray for that they continue to make better pirates movies as they make them.  

Kacedious

~stormy_horizons~

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:15 pm
i dont believe that. your information must be mixed up because if you watch all the behind the scenes on the DVD, the director or prouducer (i forgot which exactly sweatdrop ) said that they would only do three movies because it would get to be too much if they did more. Johnny said that he would love to keep going until there was a tenth PotC because he loved the character so much but the prouducers wanted to stop at three for a trilogy.  
Welcome To The Deck Luv

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff