Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Making a topic...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who here...
  ...beads?
  ...scrapbooks?
  ...is an ATCer?
View Results

lynn-dempsey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:24 pm
...about something other than knitting. So...

Who here beads?
Any scrapbookers?
What about ATCers? (For those that don't know, ATC stands for Artist Trading Cards. They're like baseball cards for artists, by artists.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:45 pm
I do a fair bit of beading and jewlry making. Then again I do lots of strange things connected with my job (I work behind the scenes in a theatre so if actors carry it or wear it I may make it)

I have never heard of or seen ATCs before. Though they sound intriguing. any links?  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:12 pm
I am nuts about ATCing, but I only just started.
There are threads with some of my cards in them around here somewhere.
I just started a swap for hairdo ATCs on craftster and they look awesome awesome. I am working on a few more that I need, though that will leave me with a few extra if I actually do all that I want to do.

And links
http://www.atcards.com/
And craftsters ATC board
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=259.0  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:20 am
I haven't had my beads out in ages. I've got no table space to work with them right now.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:20 am
Oh, cool, thanks for the links!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:37 pm
I used to bead a lot when I was younger, but I haven't touched them in about 7 years. I was going to bring a lot of my bead stuff home with me when I was at my parents' for Christmas, but I didn't get around to packing it all up in containers and stuff for easier transport. I'd really like to get back into it, though.  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

switchblade12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:08 pm
ok im a bit of two things... i love to bead in my spare time but i scrapbook everyday almost. everywhere i go i take my camara.
heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:33 pm
I am an avid beader and jewlrey maker. I will one day finish up my jewlrey holder I'm planning and will be able to display at least part of what I have made. xd

Then, mayhap, I will eventually be able to find 1/8 the earrings I have made over the last few years.

And while I spend what time I can crafting, I spend most of my life involved in art and design. So some of my crafting ends up turning into design (as in pure design work, involving welding, etc... ><). Simple cause my school has waaaaaaaay to many fun "toys" laying around. ^^ (milling machines, welders, plasma cutter, full metal and wood shops, laser cut, 3-d printers and more).  

Silver Mist

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:36 am
I make jewelry, though I haven't for a while.
I crochet, though a wrist problem has cut back on that tremendously.
And I sew, though only hand-sewing, and mostly modifying clothes I already have. Like my totally awesome Bell-bottoms.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:01 am
I heart to scrapbook but it takes me forever, and it costs so much money sad  

Volatile Rainbow

Tes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:22 pm
~
I scrapbook in the old fashion sense of the world. I also bead as well, though not so much as other things, mostly as a really thick wonderfully extravagant addition to some textiley thing. I like to sew a lot, I do quilts, clothing and just stuff.
I'm trying to get myself back into book binding without spending a fortune on materials I know shouldn't cost a fortune (like heavy bookbinding thread, the only place to buy it is the rediculously overpriced art college supply store for 75cents a YARD, jesus H!)

I crochet, but I don't knit, I can't knit I tried to teach myself, my friends tried to teach me, my talented mother tried to teach me. I just can't knit. sweatdrop

~

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:28 am
Volatile Rainbow
I heart to scrapbook but it takes me forever, and it costs so much money sad
lol
get into ATCing
my list of "ingredients" so far has been a few sheets of colored paper a magazine and some printed text.  

I be me
Vice Captain

peachkitten

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:55 pm
i'm a beader and soon i'm gonna start scrapbooking. i'm still working on scrapbooking supplies.

hopefully i'm gonna try my hand at knitting and possibly crocheting.

i read up on other fun things to do but i seriously lack the funds for them that and the time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:06 am
I knit, sew, bead, make pop tab belts and make tiaras out pipe cleaners.....because of this I cannot wait til I'm and ECE and can do crafting with kiddies! YAY!

What I really want to try right now is Calligraphy....just need to find pens....hrrmmm  

sparklingbutterfly

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff