Yes
  No
  Go away
  Duh, of coarse!
View Results

que123
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:55 am
Hello Everyone! This is the role player's lounge. This is generally meant to be a hang out, discussion forum, and generally a place for groups who want to role play to get together and come up with the topic, environment, and general setup for a role play before taking it into the role play sub-forum. If anyone would like to start a role play you can either ask for participants here or you can directly pm the person/s. I beleive that for right now we have agreed to leave the role play as an open forum so that you can do whatever you like. Please remember the TOS and have a blast! twisted  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:57 am
I'm up for a role play if anyone is interested. blaugh  

que123
Vice Captain

Silverwolf712
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:18 pm
you really seem to like the twisted face.. stare Anyway, any ideas for a roleplay? Anybody? Oh, and if you've never roleplayed before I can put up an example. Actually, I'll go ahead and do that...

---------------------------------------------------------
fae: The twins were waklking through the forest when Four guys intersected the. They were Soran, Seyain, locks and Thrain the six friends walked gaily through the forest laughing. They had to meet in secrey because Thrain and Soran were on the white Eagles side. The rest were dragons but were angry with the dragons to what they did to Aeris and Naiyes's family.

me: Meanwhile, Silver watched them through the bushes, stalking them. She'd never seen villagers like these before. In fact, she knew nothing of the magical world. Dragons, elves, mages, none of these were familiar. Which is why she was so curious. The females among the group were nothing like the village women. She continued to follow them but never did she dare get within viewing range of their front half or their face. She had learned that if she could see their face, it wouldn't be long till they saw hers. The group stopped for a rest in a small clearing surrounded by tall bushes and tall,thick,old willow trees. Apparently they don't want to be seen she thought. (I forgot to mention that Silver is wearing skin tight brown shorts((so they don't catch on branches,oh and she stoll them)), a deer skin wrapped around her waste to form a type of skirt((comes to knees,knotted on the right side)), and a sleevless tanktop of sorts((also of deer skin)).hair is loose,not tied)She watched as they all entered the clearing through a hoe cut in the bushes and then she climbed into one of the old willows to get a better look.

fae: Soran who had the best hearing in the group heard something in the tree rustly. He glanced over but did not notice her. "I dont like this place." He said and Seyain nodded. "It feels like we are being followed. Like even the trees have eyes and ears here." Aeris laughed. "You two have the strangest imaginations." Her sister, Naiyes smiled. "Yeah they do. (Seyain is their brother. Thrain, Soran and Locks are good friends.) Aeris seemed to hold the suns light un her smile and Naiyes held the beauty of the night stars and had eyes like a moonlight pool.

me: Silver kept still, keeping quiet so they couldn't hear her. Apparently one of them has ears like a fox she noted. From now on she'd have to be careful. She briefly looked at the females one last time, and then turned to the males. Silver noticed that one looked similar to the 2 females. They must be from the same clan she thought. The other 3 were different. They didn't look like the others, yet they didn't look like your average villager either. She couldn't see them clearly through the branches now that the night was approaching, so she quietly sneaked foward on a thick branch and parted some of the leaves. Just enough that she could peer through and wouldn't be noticed.

fae: Soran was still wary. He had the cruelest past of them all and was always the first to notice thingd. Something in a branch he happened to be looking at at that time moved in an odd way. He searched the tree with sucpicious eyes but saw nothing. Thrain and Locks knew Soran's feelings and hunches were usually right.

Locks came up behind him. "What is it?" He asked. "I dont know but the only odd movement has come from that tree." He said. They looked as well but saw nothing. "Hate to doubt you Ran but is there ant chance it iss a cat or a squirrel?" Thrain asked. "there is always that possibility." He answered with a shug but something inhis voice told Thrain other wise.

Aeris, Naiyes and Seyain had decided it was nothing. "You guys search for ghosts all you want but were going to set up camp here." Aeris called and the three began unloading. Thrain claped Soran on the shoulder. "You are on watch duty tonight as I can see you wont sleep much anyway." Soran nodded.

Thrain and Locks went to help them set up camp. Soran glanced at the tree one more time then set about making himself comefortable. They light no fire so as not to allow any one to know where they were. Plus Soran could see better with his eyes completly ajusted to the dark.

me: hmmm...he must know I'm here. He's more aware than the others she continued to look through the hole in the branches. She had wanted to inspect them and their belongings when they were all asleep. Unfortunatly, one of the males was on watch duty, so it would be hard to get a closer look. It was much darker now. In fact the cresent moon could be seen on the horizon now. Although Silver could see almost perfectly in the dark, she was half human so she couldn't see perfectly. She edged closer in order to see more clearly, but she was on the thinnest end of the branch and it couldn't handle her weight any longer. The branch snapped and she fell out of the tree.
----------------------------------------------------

3nodding Usually, it's best to start out kind of slow as you move into the story. As you can tell, there are no fight scenes in this example. Most of our fights show up later in the story and they're always with a made-up enemy or monster one of us came up with.

I know this is kind of long, but it's a good example of the beginnig of an rp I'm in. Fae and I both play multiple characters, but some people that start an rp will have it in their rules that you can only play one character. For us that wasn't the case. The person who started ours actually quit showing up and gave up on it. We kept it going and today we're up to 61 pages of posts. If you want to continue reading (like if you're someone who prefers to read as it progresses instead of getting involved in the story), just go to my profile and check out "my posts", it's under Red Dragons and White Eagles. Feel free to join if you wish, but send any requests to join to me, fairewings, or post it in the rp itself. This is only one kind of example; I have plenty others but this post is getting a little long. sweatdrop

If you want another example, let me know and I'll find one for you.

Now, any questions?^^  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:15 pm
Hey everyone, Let's get our thinking caps on and get some ideas going. This is a good example. You don't have to cut things up to role play, but it sure is fun twisted . haha. anyway, i'm ready to start a role play and anyone can join me and as many as would like. All we have to do is come up with the initial setting or environment and then we take it from there. I was thinking about starting a role play in a setting of exactly the title of this thread. *roleplayer's lounge* So why don't we just start off with something like Sidewinder is sitting back in a corner at a table and he is leaning his chair on its back two legs with his back against the wall. He is waiting for his acquantances to join him to discuss their onsetting missions.....

I can post this as the beggining of the first role play if you all would join in and then we can begin from that with a discussion or a role play in character. Please annouce the character so we all will know who you will be playing. I will be in character as sidewinder / smalls. you may refer to me as either one.
One thing, please make the statement upon your initial entry into the lounge that you are checking ALL weapons at the front door. This will be a launch platform for several additional role plays if all goes well.

Please let me know what you all think of this idea, and all members are welcome especially new comers to role play. You have to do it to learn it.

Let's Play!!!! twisted  

que123
Vice Captain

Silverwolf712
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:09 pm
Hey que? Maybe you should pm some of the members and tell 'em to check this topic out?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:19 pm
HEY GUYS!! and gals!^^ I've started a roleplay in the roleplay subforum. If you want you can check it out, and/or join if you'd like.  

Silverwolf712
Crew

que123
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:27 pm
Silverwolf712
HEY GUYS!! and gals!^^ I've started a roleplay in the roleplay subforum. If you want you can check it out, and/or join if you'd like.

This would be even more fun if others would join us!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:38 am
what is this rp about  

geskan

que123
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:52 pm
geskan
what is this rp about

Hey! What's up. This rp is silverwolf712 and I just rp'ing it up to try and get others to join. We have had fun with it so far and are at a great point for someone else to join in right now. just go to the roleplaying sub-forum and write yourself into the rp. twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:07 pm
I you are not sure about how to roleplay, join in on Icurus's PM training. It's a good place to get the hang of it.  

que123
Vice Captain

Snowyyxd

Tipsy Hopper

11,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:24 pm
should i make my own post or just post a message????  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:41 am
I'll go check it out sorry I didn't see this sooner I must have missed it for some reason.  

ivegoncrazee
Crew

scullus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:38 pm
i dont know if i should just post or am i too late???  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:34 pm
It's never too late! If you want to join any of the roleplays or creat a new one go for it. Write a small bit of information about the character you want to play (name, brief background, weapons, specialties, etc.) and either write yourself into the existing roleplays or write the beginning scenario like the new one I have posted under the white belt begginer roleplay sub-forum. Check it out and join us. Post when you have time.  

que123
Vice Captain

Deadly Viper Assassination Squad

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces