Reply ~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~
uh....whose tome?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aoshi Yasunaga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:47 pm
and what connection does she hav with kenshin?...im confused...some1 help me plz confused confused confused  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:14 pm
Information about Yukishiro Tomoe will, by its very nature, contain heavy spoilers for the manga's Jinchuu Arc and the OVA Tsuiokuhen. If you wish to be spoiled, highlight the text in white below.

Yukishiro Tomoe was Kenshin's first wife, whom he married during the Bakumatsu when he was 15 and she was 18. They went into hiding in the countryside and lived as a pair of herbalists.

Kenshin ended up killing Tomoe accidentally as he fought to kill a shinobi in a forest whose magnetic powers cut off his senses. He was already badly hurt from battling a series of other shinobi to try and rescue Tomoe.

Just as Kenshin lowered his blade for the kill, Tomoe jumped between him and the shinobi and was slashed from collar bone to hip bone. The dagger she held completed the cruciform scar on Kenshin's left cheek.

There's a lot more to it, but that would require writing a small novel.  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Warrior Princess Kimiko

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:15 pm
If you are a Kenshin fan, that should be common knowledge by now. However, in the case you are new, Yami no Hitokiri did an excellent job at explaining. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:23 pm
Yami no Hitokiri
Information about Yukishiro Tomoe will, by its very nature, contain heavy spoilers for the manga's Jinchuu Arc and the OVA Tsuiokuhen. If you wish to be spoiled, highlight the text in white below.

Yukishiro Tomoe was Kenshin's first wife, whom he married during the Bakumatsu when he was 15 and she was 18. They went into hiding in the countryside and lived as a pair of herbalists.

Kenshin ended up killing Tomoe accidentally as he fought to kill a shinobi in a forest whose magnetic powers cut off his senses. He was already badly hurt from battling a series of other shinobi to try and rescue Tomoe.

Just as Kenshin lowered his blade for the kill, Tomoe jumped between him and the shinobi and was slashed from collar bone to hip bone. The dagger she held completed the cruciform scar on Kenshin's left cheek.

luckily, i can write a novel

let me just say that they didn't actually marry it was a fake marriage to keep kenshin in hiding from the shinsengumi when the rebellion was slowed down they did end up falling in love and wanted to marry but then enishi and a bunch of guys working for the shogunate plus one traitor from the rebellion ended up butting in and they sold medicine brought to them from the rebellion guys and grew daigon radishes

i dont remember anything about magnetic powers, what i do remember was that his heart and soul were tearing at eachother from the shock of tomoe betraying him, leaving him, and deciding whether or not he should kill her, i mean he loved her. and not to mention he was tired from fighting two shinobis so he was practically blindly charging into battle and thats when he didn't notice he killed tomoe (WHICH WAS NOT HIS FAULT...why he blames himself for that annoys me)

other than that was basically what you said, all i can say is that tomoe was supposed to be "his sheath from his true self" and she wanted to do all she could to protect him even if it meant killing herself, the story is very romantic but i still prefer KenshinXKaoru pairing  

samuraichikX

SilentNinjaFox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:58 am
samuraichikX
Yami no Hitokiri

let me just say that they didn't actually marry it was a fake marriage to keep kenshin in hiding from the shinsengumi when the rebellion was slowed down they did end up falling in love and wanted to marry but then enishi and a bunch of guys working for the shogunate plus one traitor from the rebellion ended up butting in and they sold medicine brought to them from the rebellion guys and grew daigon radishes

i dont remember anything about magnetic powers, what i do remember was that his heart and soul were tearing at eachother from the shock of tomoe betraying him, leaving him, and deciding whether or not he should kill her, i mean he loved her. and not to mention he was tired from fighting two shinobis so he was practically blindly charging into battle and thats when he didn't notice he killed tomoe (WHICH WAS NOT HIS FAULT...why he blames himself for that annoys me)

other than that was basically what you said, all i can say is that tomoe was supposed to be "his sheath from his true self" and she wanted to do all she could to protect him even if it meant killing herself, the story is very romantic but i still prefer KenshinXKaoru pairing

in the manga, they did get married. "He got married?! But he's barely grown up!" One of the guys was saying to one of the other guys (sorry I can't keep track of their names) after the scene with Kenshin and Tomoe on the bridge looking thing. In the forest, there was something there that inhibited Kenshin's "swordsman intuition."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:55 pm
SilentNinjaFox
samuraichikX
Yami no Hitokiri

in the manga, they did get married. "He got married?! But he's barely grown up!" One of the guys was saying to one of the other guys (sorry I can't keep track of their names) after the scene with Kenshin and Tomoe on the bridge looking thing. In the forest, there was something there that inhibited Kenshin's "swordsman intuition."

oh i was talking about the OVA trust and betrayal i haven't gotten that far in the manga unfortunately =(  

samuraichikX

SilentNinjaFox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:21 am
samuraichikX
SilentNinjaFox
samuraichikX
Yami no Hitokiri

oh i was talking about the OVA trust and betrayal i haven't gotten that far in the manga unfortunately =(

oh ok! yeah, the ova screwed it up a bit but not too badly. crying the ark in the manga is really amazing.  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games