Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
The Night of the Txt Tlkr Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

finalkeyblader

Dapper Businessman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:01 pm
A perfectly fine sentence walked down the street one day, enjoying the grammatically correct people around it. The sentence could hear people having friendly conversations about the weather, and the News and other social matters. It could hear people spelling "You Are" as "you're" and spelling out words correctly. Everything was fine.... So it seemed... "TIS BES A STCK uP!" said the grammatical fool as he walked in the peaceful neighborhood. The daylight turned to darkness and all became quiet. "I M COMIN 2 TAKE ALL UR MUNNY!" he said in a voice, with so many errors it shook the town violently with its words. "I NO USE CAWMA R EPSTRFEE R NO PNKTYUASHN!"
And that was all it took to make a dark figure rise out of the crowd. He held himself proudly and his mouth was cleansed of all grammatical errors. He held out his megaphone and started to shout, "How dare you disgrace my language!" He began to correct the errors. "This is a stick-up! I have come to take your money! You don't use commas, appostrophies or any form of punctuation!" The speaker of foul mouthed "txt tlk" fell to the floor in pain and perished due to the mysterious literate. The man then walked out, to the next city, and the next Noob in need of correction...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:28 am
Ha ha, very good! I was wondering what "pnktyuashn" was.  

Galadedrid Damodred

kyuuketsuki4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:06 am
Yes I was wondering that as well. Great story, I just had to share it with my friend. She ignored it though, go figure.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:05 am
I was in an RP. Just minding my own business, RPing and such, when some noob enters. Filling out his application, I cringed at the amount of grammatrical errors in his profile. This is a similar entry:

nam: Hosa
abiltes: Cn wok on water, cn sht fr, cn blst da hel outta ppls.

As you can see I kicked him out. He said in his own little way that he would try better but his hearing was no better. His spelling and grammar were still terrible. What he meant to say was:

Name: Jose
Abilities: My character has the renoud ability to walk on water. He can also shoot fire and all out blast the hell out of people.

Well, my translation was no better but even still... he harrassed me for about two weeks and then gave up when I typed in the Clock Crew format. He had no idea what I was typing!  

Lord Drago

Dapper Explorer

4,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cheerfulhope

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:23 am
What a cute story. ^-^ If only that could happen, then the noobs would all be done with. neutral Oh well, no one ever said that the world would be perfect.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:40 pm
My brother couldn't even translate it...it gave me chills...shudder.  

choirperson

Buccellatte

Sparkly Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:10 pm
I can translate. It's saying "I don't use a comma, apostrophe, or punctuation."
But it's still pretty scary.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:02 pm
Lord Drago

And here I thought he meant to say "can s--t far". cool  

Ellis Bell Esq.

Thirteenth Partier

400 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Angel80272

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:06 pm
Man... I'm normally good with translating n00b, but I couldn't even get all of that. I am left wondering, though, what is Clock Crew format?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:29 am
Ellis Bell Esq.
Lord Drago

I know what he's saying. It's "Can walk on water, can shoot fire and blast the hell out of people"  

Buccellatte

Sparkly Conversationalist

LadyZarhena

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:29 pm
I understood every word of that. >.> Something must be terribly wrong with me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:46 pm
xXSavage NymphXx
Ellis Bell Esq.
Lord Drago

I know what he's saying. It's "Can walk on water, can shoot fire and blast the hell out of people"

Aw, but that's no fun. D:  

Ellis Bell Esq.

Thirteenth Partier

400 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CosmicSweetss

Sparkly Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:53 am
xd This was great, I didn't have a problem with "PNKTYUASHN." It did take me a second to get "EPSTRFEE," though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:51 pm
Wow. Have you ever used text talk in a past life? Because that text talk was better than what I have seen. They can't even type text talk right.  

Archdemonessa

Fat3 4verruncus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:51 am
What a great story....  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items