Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
knitting takes a long time Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kahtiXfishie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:29 pm
i started like thursday and i've been doing it like nonstop, but it's still not done
geez!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:04 pm
it's not just knitting that takes a long time...i wanted to crochet some shoe strings because i like to wear my projects, but it took forever!!!!!!!!!!  

switchblade12

kahtiXfishie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:15 pm
lol, yeah, i know
everytime i try to crochet it takes forever
i actually think that knitting is easier than crocheting even tho i've been crocheting for longer
i just started knitting, but i can do it better than crocheting and it's faster even tho i've been crocheting since i was 8  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:42 am
I'm the other way around. xd I fly with crocheting, still working on the speed knitting, with limited success. And I almost always like the results from knitting better, too. stressed  

kamiyra

QuietStorm47

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:09 am
I've been crocheting since I was really young too. I just started knitting and Ilike the fabrics you get from knitting better then crochet. Although it took me a while to learn to knit and I almost gave up because it was so frustrating. Now I love it!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:43 pm
You should have seen me when I made a pair of socks with size 2mm double pointed needles - it usually takes me about a week to make a PAIR of socks, but it took me almost three to make one! ;_; I hate it when projects take longer than you think they will, especially when it looks like no progress has been done after an hour's work. crying  

Beboots

kahtiXfishie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:30 pm
ggeez!
i'm just getting into it right now
just like making whatever it turns into  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:40 pm

i already finished a skarf in a day, it just depend on the person's kntting quickness or chrichet and stuff, the yarn and needle sizes and compossition is also a factor, just remember REMEMEBER TO TAKE BREAK BTW ANY PROJECT OR ELSE YOU MIGH=T GET A ACHE OR EVEN WORSE CARPOL TUNNLE SYNDROM THINY( SORRY I MISSPELLED THAT )

Kanhoro

kahtiXfishie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:34 pm
geez you're quick!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:25 pm
Sure, it takes a long time, but it's worth it to have a finished product.  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

kahtiXfishie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:42 pm
i wouldn't know bc i just started
i can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done tho  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:40 am
It's only a matter of what you make wink

I made a mini mitten from left over yarn and I was extatic to actually start and finish a project on the same day. Try it out, they're relly fun to make even if the tiny size can be frustrating...

Pattern here  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

kahtiXfishie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:04 am
thanks
i'll be sure to try that once i'm done with my current project  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:51 am
Yeah, knitting is definitely slower than crochet for me, too, but I love the results of knitting vastly more than those of crochet, so the time is worth it to me. Right now I've got three shawls and three pairs of socks going - one shawl is almost finished, and has taken me three months (Icarus, by Miriam Felton), one is about 40% done and is almost a year old (Frost Flowers & Leaves from 'A Gathering of Lace", but I did set it down for six months), and one is of my own design that I'm still in the converting-ideas-to-math section of. With the socks, I've got some Jaywalkers in Magic Stripes, some two-at-once toe ups in Merino Hill Country, and some lacy yellow ones in Opal. I'm hoping to finish all three shawls plus Wings of the Moth (in apple green Louet kid mohair) this year, and maybe a couple sweaters if I can find ones I really like.  

Zahra Ovaci

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:50 am
I'm must faster with crochet(except that I can't work as long because of my wrist) and I like the finished product better with crochet because there are less faults; but I prefer the fabrics and textures of knitting vastly or crochet. And I'm getting faster at knitting. I'm making a pair of arm warmers and I should finish them tomorrow. It took me a total of about 10 hours(no breaks)/3 days(including breaks).  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff