Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
I need a new bedspread/pillowcase cover

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:54 pm
I need a new bedspread/pillowcase covers to help me keep my room looking fantastic.
The problem is that all doona covers are either really expencive or boring looking.
I have recently been into things like burlesque dancers, drag queens, glitter and feathers.
I was thinking just sattin pillow case covers, because comfie is more important than pretty for pillow cases, then getting a doona cover and sexing up one side with a sattin sheet and sparkles and stuffs but I am not sure.

I am here to gather ideas, since I have seen this guild help give ideas and stuff to so many other guild members.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:59 pm
You could sew rhinestones on it! 3nodding  

gemini6184

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:22 pm
that is the best idea I have so far.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:29 pm
What about rubber stamping? I'm sure you can find rubber stamps that you like and there are fabric inks and fabric paints that you can use. I'm also pretty sure I've seen some fabric paint with sparkles in it somewhere. I'm not so sure that would go well on the stamps, but you could paint around the stamps with it. I've also seen bead trim sewn onto grosgrain ribbon that you could attach to the edges of your doona cover. I'm assuming a doona cover is a cover for a comforter, I've seen them advertised as duvet covers here in the States.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:26 pm
doona and duvet covers are the same thing.

and fabric paint!
I hadn't thaught of that, that would be cheap enough and not compleatly time consuming.
I could get stencils or stamps of something georgous.
genious!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:26 pm
The differences between British english and American english are interesting, but I was pretty sure I knew what you were talking about. biggrin

Glad I could help inspire some creativity. I saw some rubber stamps the other day that I would love to have and I had been trying to think of ways to use them so I can convince my husband that I NEED them.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:46 pm
and blatant bribery and "because it will make me happy" doesn't work?
That and giant puppy eyes. A little bit of cleevage can't hurt either.

and I think doona may be an australian term, I mean there are doona brand doonas arond here and I think I recently saw on the news that they were going crazygonuts sueing all sorts of other company for using the term "doona cover" despite that being the term EVERYBODY uses around here.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:25 pm
As far as stamps go, if you cant find one in a pattern you like, you can always buy those sheets of foams they sell in craft supply areas for kids crafts and make your own. Just draw out the design on plain paper to make sure its right, transfer it to the foam, then cut with an exacto knife. Then, glue the stamp to a block of wood or some such, and voila! Personal stamp. ^^  

Silver Mist

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:36 pm
I think our taste here is a little bit too different (i'm not one for glitter or feathers, except for playing with and throwing at people) for me to be a ton of help, but i'll do what i can.

If you want a large amount of feathers, you could try sewing feather boas on where you want the feathers?

I just had an image of... ya know those purses where they have a portrait of the person, and then they have the rhinestones for the diamond necklaces, feathers on boas, things like that? Well, imagin: a duvet cover that was, essentially, a really big portrait like that. Could be interesting. wink  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games