Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
I am ashamed.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are your parents illiterate?
  Yes.
  Definitely not.
  They're n00bs, they're so illiterate.
  [ Poll Whore Option ]
View Results

Shigures Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:17 am
User Image

.. and this is my mom we're talking about here. She's not really the kind of person you would expect illiteracy from.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:47 am
Wow. My dad has bad grammar and spelling on the Internet too.  

Buccellatte

Sparkly Conversationalist

ihatemybrothers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:51 pm
Posted by my mother, yesterday:

"Subject: display screen has lines running down"

"the screen shows lines going down about half the screen, none of the content is displayed except for the bottom line which is the song that is currently playing. This has been appearing for about 6 months, did not realize there was any kind of warranty when prob started. I purchased Ipod last dec, Any ideas on what might resolve this?"

Look that that grammar. I mean, where is the capitalization? Instead of writing the word "six," she put the number "6." She didn't even spell out the word problem or december! -dies- It was so bad I had to respond back.

I wrote:

"Sorry for the horrendous grammar. That was my mother posting for me. However, can you please help me with my iPod Nano problem?"

She was only posting about my iPod because I am making her pay for it to be repaired. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:01 pm
Thankfully, my entire family is extremely literate, with the exception of an older sister that has a hard time with spelling. Even my ten year old sister is literate. True story. I should get a screenshot of one of our conversations sometime.  

Malbeur

Galadedrid Damodred

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:23 am
My family is something of a mixed bag. My older sister is, to say the least, incompetent (the woman's 27, for goddess' sake!), my younger sister doesn't care, English is my mother's second language and my father is beautifully literate, if not very creative.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:02 am
xXSavage NymphXx

*sigh* =(  

Shigures Editor

Shigures Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:03 am
Iclayaikensgirl
Posted by my mother, yesterday:

"Subject: display screen has lines running down"

"the screen shows lines going down about half the screen, none of the content is displayed except for the bottom line which is the song that is currently playing. This has been appearing for about 6 months, did not realize there was any kind of warranty when prob started. I purchased Ipod last dec, Any ideas on what might resolve this?"

Look that that grammar. I mean, where is the capitalization? Instead of writing the word "six," she put the number "6." She didn't even spell out the word problem or december! -dies- It was so bad I had to respond back.

I wrote:

"Sorry for the horrendous grammar. That was my mother posting for me. However, can you please help me with my iPod Nano problem?"

She was only posting about my iPod because I am making her pay for it to be repaired. sweatdrop

Aaah! Oh no, that's horrible! gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:05 am
Malbeur
Thankfully, my entire family is extremely literate, with the exception of an older sister that has a hard time with spelling. Even my ten year old sister is literate. True story. I should get a screenshot of one of our conversations sometime.

Wow, you're lucky. =3

I have a 9 year-old sister who's literate. I've actually showed her some examples of "n00b language", and she was appalled by it. Thank god.

Shigures Editor

Chyenne Leove

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:50 am
My mom's an English teacher. It's annoying when I'll accidently say 'me' in an incorrect usage. (e.g. KFed and me sing a song). I do that rarely, but when I do, she flips out. It gets on my nerves sometimes. scream  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:02 am
My sister is always text talking even though she's literate. My dad is literate, but my mom isn't as much. It's because English is her fifth language. However, my sis is my only family member on Gaia.  

Cheerfulhope

Buccellatte

Sparkly Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:11 am
Shigures Editor
xXSavage NymphXx

*sigh* =(

He's on the computer a lot, so it makes me even sadder.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:43 pm
As far as I know, both of my parents are pretty competent in this area. Actually enough, my dad and I have small spats about the wording of a sentence here and there in Christmas letters and the like. sweatdrop

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.  

Ellis Bell Esq.

Thirteenth Partier

400 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

LadyZarhena

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:33 pm
*beams* My mother is a certified teacher, and my dad had his nose in random books throughout his life (like me.) I'm so proud of them! They're wonderfully literate.

Hehe... that doesn't mean I forgive them for being parentish.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games