Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
txt tlk and 1337 translations here!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shichimaru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:16 pm
When I was 9, I went to a lot of forums. Back then, I used '1337 sp33k'. Now, I have learned all the abbreviations and everything of '1337' and 'Txt tlk'. So, if you need a translation, then just post what you need translated and wait!

Here's a little guide to the simple phrases and commonly used abbreviations in the two internet languages:

'brb' - Be right back
'g2g' - got to go
'atm' - At the moment
't3h' or 'teh' - the
'convo' - conversation
'lol' - This one is hard to explain to those who are only used to proper English, however I'm sure most of you know what this is. If not, then just say so.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:40 pm
I think we all know those. And this sub-forum is for stories not translations.  

Lost In The Red

Romantic Lover

20,050 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500

Leoshi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:09 pm
Heh...translations are good. I used to be a "n00b-aid," so deciphering l33t was part of the job. Still, it's evolved ((or become dumber - your choice)), so it's a little tougher to figure it out. All it takes is a little thought, and the will to not lose your I.Q.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:43 am
lol mean Laugh out Loud. I never knew what atm or brb were.  

Galadedrid Damodred

Velezzer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:22 pm
Umm.. Yeah, I already know those.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:15 pm
Leoshi
Heh...translations are good. I used to be a "n00b-aid," so deciphering l33t was part of the job. Still, it's evolved ((or become dumber - your choice)), so it's a little tougher to figure it out. All it takes is a little thought, and the will to not lose your I.Q.

I would call it devolved. 3nodding  

Stumpilicious

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces