Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
Where is the real locket, and who is RAB? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wikki-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:04 pm
I have heard a lot of talk about who RAB is and about where the real locket Horcrux is, and I will have to say that I have come up with a theory of my own and I feel so strongly about it that I am going to share it with you. In my personal opinion, RAB is Regulus Black, and the house elf called Kreacher is the one that has the real Horcrux locket!

My reasons for thinking this are simple. And to help my reasoning I will begin with a quote from Order of the Phoenix (Book 5) from the chapter "The Most Noble and Ancient House of Black." You will remember I think that in this chapter they are tidying up the Black house (#12 Grimmauld Place) so that they can make it "livable."

"They found an unpleasant-looking silver instrument, something like a many-legged pair of tweezers, which scuttled up Harry's arm like a spider when he picked it up, and attempted to puncture his skin; Sirius seized it and smashed it with a heavy book entitled Nature's Nobility: A Wizarding Genealogy. There was a musical box that emitted a faintly sinister, tinkling tune when wound, and they all found themselves becoming curiously weak and sleepy until Ginny had the sense to slam the lid shut; also a heavy locket that none of them could open, a number of ancient seals and, in a dusty box, an Order of Merlin, First Class, that had been awarded to Sirius's grandfather for 'Services to the Ministry.'"-Order of the Phoenix, pg 116.

Now take this into consideration: Regulus Black (Sirius's brother) was murdered by Lord Voldemort for backing out of something he was supposed to do

"'Oh no,' said Sirius. "No, he was murdered by Voldemort. Or on Voldemort's orders, more likely. I doubt Regulus was ever important enough to be killed by Voldemort in person. From what I found out after he died, he got in so far, then panicked about what he was being asked to do and tried to back out. Well, you don't just hand in your resignation to Voldemort. It's a lifetime of service or death." -Order of the Phoenix, pg 112.

I am going to say that I quite strongly believe that RAB is in fact Regulus Black. It would make sense because the REAL locket was obviously found in the Black house, and Regulus backed out of something he was doing for Lord Voldemort, which could quite possibly have been to place the real locket horcrux in the cave that we see at the end of Half Blood Prince.

"He turned the locket over in his hands. This was neither as large as the locket he remembered seeing in the Pensieve, nor were there any markings upon it, no sign of the ornate S that was supposed to be Slytherin's mark. Moreover, there was nothing inside but for a scrap of folded parchment wedged tightly into the place where a portrait should have been.
Automatically, without really thinking about what he was doing, Harry pulled out the fragment of parchment, opened it, and read by the light of the many wands that had now been lit behind him:

To the Dark Lord
I know I will be dead long before you read this
but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret.
I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can.
I face death in the hope that when you meet your match,
you will be mortal once more.
R.A.B.

-Half Blood Prince, pg 609.

Now, how does Kreacher fit into this big theory of mine you will ask? Well it is all very simple. While our friends were cleaning up the Black house and making it an acceptable place to live, they threw out a bunch of stuff that Kreacher kept trying to steal and horde away in his little cupboard.

"'I asked you what you were up to,' said Sirius coldly. "Every time you show up pretending to be cleaning, you sneak something off to your room so we can't throw it out." - Sirius talking to Kreacher, Order of the Phoenix, pg 110.

"Several times, Kreacher sidled into the room and attempted to smuggle things away under his loincloth, muttering horrible curses every time they caught him." - Order of the Phoenix, pg 117.

Wouldn't it make sense that Kreacher stole the locket from the stuff they were throwing out and brought it to his room in the Black house? This would make sense because it would make it so the locket was never actually thrown out, and we need that locket for the end of the story, no?

Wouldn't it also make sense that RAB was Regulus black, and that the locket they found in the house was the locket he stole? It would explain why Regulus was murdered and where the real locket went.

So what do you guys think about my theory? Does anyone else share the same? Or do you think something totally different?

Please add comments!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:54 am
I completely agree with your theory...well, I don't know whether Kreacher has the locket, but I agree with the other stuff. Actually I think it's become accepted that RAB is Regulus Black...or at least maybe I just think that so strongly that I figure it must be.  

Spoilt_lil_missy

Wikki-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:53 am
Spoilt_lil_missy
I completely agree with your theory...well, I don't know whether Kreacher has the locket, but I agree with the other stuff. Actually I think it's become accepted that RAB is Regulus Black...or at least maybe I just think that so strongly that I figure it must be.

Thank you for agreeing!
SPOILER ALERT if you want to read what I posted below... (highlight)
It is actually proven that RAB is Regulus Black... but I didnt wanna spoil it for anyone cool

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:52 am
=] C a r t e l - H o n e s t l y

Amen to that. 3nodding

--~~--

Please don't mind what I'm trying to say

'Cause I'm, I'm being honest
You're part of the reason I'm so set on the rest of my life
Being a part of you
You tell me what you think about being open,
About being honest with yourself.

'Cause things will never be the same.

Shigures Editor

Lady_Imrahil

Gracious Reveler

27,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:09 pm
Agreed...I actually posted this exact theory in this forum...think its on page 2 right now...I'll help you defend it!! I'm glad we're in agreement.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:35 am
Wikki-chan
I have heard a lot of talk about who RAB is and about where the real locket Horcrux is, and I will have to say that I have come up with a theory of my own and I feel so strongly about it that I am going to share it with you. In my personal opinion, RAB is Regulus Black, and the house elf called Kreacher is the one that has the real Horcrux locket!

My reasons for thinking this are simple. And to help my reasoning I will begin with a quote from Order of the Phoenix (Book 5) from the chapter "The Most Noble and Ancient House of Black." You will remember I think that in this chapter they are tidying up the Black house (#12 Grimmauld Place) so that they can make it "livable."

"They found an unpleasant-looking silver instrument, something like a many-legged pair of tweezers, which scuttled up Harry's arm like a spider when he picked it up, and attempted to puncture his skin; Sirius seized it and smashed it with a heavy book entitled Nature's Nobility: A Wizarding Genealogy. There was a musical box that emitted a faintly sinister, tinkling tune when wound, and they all found themselves becoming curiously weak and sleepy until Ginny had the sense to slam the lid shut; also a heavy locket that none of them could open, a number of ancient seals and, in a dusty box, an Order of Merlin, First Class, that had been awarded to Sirius's grandfather for 'Services to the Ministry.'"-Order of the Phoenix, pg 116.

Now take this into consideration: Regulus Black (Sirius's brother) was murdered by Lord Voldemort for backing out of something he was supposed to do

"'Oh no,' said Sirius. "No, he was murdered by Voldemort. Or on Voldemort's orders, more likely. I doubt Regulus was ever important enough to be killed by Voldemort in person. From what I found out after he died, he got in so far, then panicked about what he was being asked to do and tried to back out. Well, you don't just hand in your resignation to Voldemort. It's a lifetime of service or death." -Order of the Phoenix, pg 112.

I am going to say that I quite strongly believe that RAB is in fact Regulus Black. It would make sense because the REAL locket was obviously found in the Black house, and Regulus backed out of something he was doing for Lord Voldemort, which could quite possibly have been to place the real locket horcrux in the cave that we see at the end of Half Blood Prince.

"He turned the locket over in his hands. This was neither as large as the locket he remembered seeing in the Pensieve, nor were there any markings upon it, no sign of the ornate S that was supposed to be Slytherin's mark. Moreover, there was nothing inside but for a scrap of folded parchment wedged tightly into the place where a portrait should have been.
Automatically, without really thinking about what he was doing, Harry pulled out the fragment of parchment, opened it, and read by the light of the many wands that had now been lit behind him:

To the Dark Lord
I know I will be dead long before you read this
but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret.
I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can.
I face death in the hope that when you meet your match,
you will be mortal once more.
R.A.B.

-Half Blood Prince, pg 609.

Now, how does Kreacher fit into this big theory of mine you will ask? Well it is all very simple. While our friends were cleaning up the Black house and making it an acceptable place to live, they threw out a bunch of stuff that Kreacher kept trying to steal and horde away in his little cupboard.

"'I asked you what you were up to,' said Sirius coldly. "Every time you show up pretending to be cleaning, you sneak something off to your room so we can't throw it out." - Sirius talking to Kreacher, Order of the Phoenix, pg 110.

"Several times, Kreacher sidled into the room and attempted to smuggle things away under his loincloth, muttering horrible curses every time they caught him." - Order of the Phoenix, pg 117.

Wouldn't it make sense that Kreacher stole the locket from the stuff they were throwing out and brought it to his room in the Black house? This would make sense because it would make it so the locket was never actually thrown out, and we need that locket for the end of the story, no?

Wouldn't it also make sense that RAB was Regulus black, and that the locket they found in the house was the locket he stole? It would explain why Regulus was murdered and where the real locket went.

So what do you guys think about my theory? Does anyone else share the same? Or do you think something totally different?

Please add comments!

I've had the thought of Sirius' brother for a long time, I have never thought of Kreature though.  

Nicole Potter

~Dancing~Through~Life~

3,550 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
So if you care to find me,
look to the Western sky...

I agree. biggrin This is what I have thought all along. I can't wait till book 7!

As someone told me lately,
everyone deserves a chance to fly
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:41 am
i sooo totally agree 4laugh can't wait for book 7 heart  

ladydiamond

hellomandy

Friendly Codger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:52 pm
Hmm... I might use that for my Harry Potter Quizzes... By the way, if you're interested, my Quizilla username is: ThePrincessMandy biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:18 pm
The main theory is that it must be Regulus Black, because we have not come across any other people by the enitials RAB that has something to do with Voldemort. And it's just not like J.K.R. to introduce a new, very imprtant character, especially at the very end of the series.

SinsOfTheDivine

showerSHORTZ33

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:20 pm
pretty sure its rugulus black serious's brother idk i might be wrong  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:09 pm
Your theroy is probably the most sensible and best one I have ever heard. And I've heard millions.  

Remus_Lupin3

Shigures Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:38 am
Good theory, but I don't even think Voldemort was aware that Regulus took the Horcrux and (possibly?) destroyed it. I think he was just killed because he ran away from the Death Eaters.

(Whoa, I just realized that I've posted in this thread before. XDD)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:43 pm
wow..
i never tought about that before....  

Aquamarine415

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items