Submit

Do you agree?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe so
View Results

NachoDude

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:35 pm
i used to think shikamaru was the lamest character, until today i played Naruto: Narutimete Portable (and yes its an "e" not an "a") and I did Shikamaru's special. In a millisecond, everything my friend had been preaching to me about Shikamaru came tumbling onto me, and I realized that Shikamaru can break your neck without moving a finger! WHOA!!!!! eek eek eek  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:49 pm
What? He can break necks?

Well, I know he can break BONES, but breaking someone's neck is pretty... difficult.

Also, that attack requires a lot of chakra, concentration, and he DOES have to use hand seals...

I think it'd just be easier to break someone's neck with your hands. Shikamaru is weak as it is. Kage Kubi Shibari is weaker than that. It's like a 10-year-old trying to break your neck with their small hands.

Let's just say Shikamaru has some cool moves. But his stats... suck. He's weak. His stamina runs out very quickly. All he's really got for him is intelligence.

On a 1-10 scale

Ninjutsu: 6
Taijutsu: 2
Genjutsu: 6
Intelligence: 10
Strength: 4
Agility: 4
Chakra: 4
Seal: 2

His skills are pretty good across the board. However, more than half of his stats are below average. Without chakra, he's mostly useless, unless he has strong teammates. He can execute a plan, but if that plan requires brawn... he's pretty much screwed.
Now this is where I get confused. According to the manga, he is fast as hell. But the Data Book says he's pretty slow... So I'm lost on that. Maybe he's just slow compared to people like Lee...

Shikamaru's my favorite, but I don't... He's not my favorite because he's strong or anything. gonk  

Syndactyly

Kuroyue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:30 pm
What does he do for his special move?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:46 pm
Is his special that hand thingy?  

churrlo

What the Pho

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:51 pm
The "breaking neck" attack is Kage Kubi Shibari (Shadow Strangulation) so that's probably the special.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:22 pm
Considering your neck is made up of alot of bones... yeah I'd say he can do it.  

Captain Verd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:36 am
churrlo
Is his special that hand thingy?
redface

*AHEM*

I said it in my post. Too bad no one was paying attention.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:54 am
Captain Verd
Wow, do you know ANYTHING about the human body?

Overall, it is probably the third hardest place to break someone's bone, minus the jaw, which, is most commonly dislocated. I believe it's the femur, spine (this includes the neck), then skull.

Because of how the spine is designed, it is far harder to break than most ridged bone. This is best described like the inside of a building. At one point houses were made mostly of concrete-like substances (commonly referred to as adobe). Now the only reason adobe doesn't crumble right away is because it has some flex due to the straw in the material. But in comparison to a house built with wooden columns, it stands no chance. The wooden support beams in a house can easily be compared to the human spine in the sense that they flex under hard conditions (such as earth quakes or poor weather). To break a 2 by 4 most people would require a sledge hammer.

The human spine is not easy to break. Most spine injuries are caused under an extreme pressure; that the person has somehow been crushed between two objects; one of this objects can be their own body.

"The neck supports the weight of the head and protects the nerves that travel from the brain down to the rest of the body. In addition, the neck is highly flexible and allows the head to turn and flex in all directions."

The human head weighs at average around 11 lbs. This is actually a lot of weight for such a small structure in comparison to it's size.

To break the neck either requires a ridiculous amount of strength or the correct angle. Kage Kubi Shibari, as far as we know, "chokes," not "twists," and even if it did, we have noted that it is very weak (Tayuya and Hidan could repel it with their bare hands, no chakra). So chances of Shikamaru squeezing someone's neck in half are very small. It would take hundreds of pounds of pressure.  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:10 am
It's called "shadow CHOKE" for a reason. It's intention is NOT to break the opponent's neck, though Shikamaru did once use it to break his own finger, I could break my own finger, as could you, with my bare hands. I'd like to see you single-handedly break the spine of a pig (pigs have the most human like features in flesh and bone density).  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:28 am
If he can use his shadows to completely cease bodily movement (or force it), I suppose it's probable that he could break someone's neck with Kage Whatever.

But that would make him a god-moder. sad  

attila the fun

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:35 am
Shikalee
Captain Verd

Overall, it is probably the third hardest place to break someone's bone, minus the jaw, which, is most commonly dislocated. I believe it's the femur, spine (this includes the neck), then skull.

Because of how the spine is designed, it is far harder to break than most ridged bone. This is best described like the inside of a building. At one point houses were made mostly of concrete-like substances (commonly referred to as adobe). Now the only reason adobe doesn't crumble right away is because it has some flex due to the straw in the material. But in comparison to a house built with wooden columns, it stands no chance. The wooden support beams in a house can easily be compared to the human spine in the sense that they flex under hard conditions (such as earth quakes or poor weather). To break a 2 by 4 most people would require a sledge hammer.

The human spine is not easy to break. Most spine injuries are caused under an extreme pressure; that the person has somehow been crushed between two objects; one of this objects can be their own body.

"The neck supports the weight of the head and protects the nerves that travel from the brain down to the rest of the body. In addition, the neck is highly flexible and allows the head to turn and flex in all directions."

The human head weighs at average around 11 lbs. This is actually a lot of weight for such a small structure in comparison to it's size.

To break the neck either requires a ridiculous amount of strength or the correct angle. Kage Kubi Shibari, as far as we know, "chokes," not "twists," and even if it did, we have noted that it is very weak (Tayuya and Hidan could repel it with their bare hands, no chakra). So chances of Shikamaru squeezing someone's neck in half are very small. It would take hundreds of pounds of pressure.
Aaaand since he can break his finger with it, we're assuming he can break other bones too. Like maybe the neck. It's not a question of how strong he is, because we don't really know. All we know is that Shikamaru can break bones with his kage thingy, so it's possible that he could break necks.

THANKS FOR THE ESSAY THOUGH LOL rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:11 pm
Shikalee
Captain Verd

Nice essay, but just because the bones in the neck are HARDER to break, doesn't mean they're unbreakable. They're breakable bones, Shikamaru can break bones, therefore it's a possibility that he could break neck bones. Not saying it'd be easy, but it's possible.  

mofoslotmachine

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:17 pm
Once again, our hero Mofoslotmachine has proven she can say whatever someone else says, only make it smarter. Justice is served, folks! *Batman*  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:09 pm
Sorry Shikalee ^^; I know what you're talking about now razz  

churrlo

Kuroyue

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:07 pm
Geez, it's only an expression. rolleyes No need to launch a debate over the technicalities of breaking necks.

The point is that Shikamaru doesn't necessarily need physical strength to do a lot of damage.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff