Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
what's the

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kahtiXfishie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:13 pm
longest it's taken someone to make something?
how long did it take you and what were you making?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:44 pm
well there is that project that I started but never ever finished.

but other than that I made a bag that took me three days of all my spare time (one day if I had a whole day, but I would have gone nuts from the sewing if I was to do that)  

I be me
Vice Captain

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:38 am
Umm. I've been working on a blanket on and off for.....well, since September 05. I'm still only half way done, and still working on it occasionally, but since it's for my EX-boyfriend, I probably won't finish it soon. Though I will finish it, if it's the last thing I do, because I don't break promises.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:20 am
My last fair dress took about 70 hours worth of labor. Not counting breaks, etc.  

Silver Mist

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:25 am
Bunny slippers (there's a picture in my journal somewhere) that took two or three years from idea to finished slippers. There are probably abandoned projects too. When a project takes a really long time it's often because I loose interest and doesn't work on it 24/7...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:51 am
wow, knitting is so much different than i thought it was  

kahtiXfishie

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:07 pm
My longest project was probably a cross-stitch picture of an eagle landing on a tree branch. It used a lot of colors, including blended colors, on 14-count Aida cloth. I started it in July a couple of years ago and finished it in early December of that year. (But then, I was also in college then...) It was supposed to be my Dad's Christmas present, but it wasn't finished in time to be framed before Christmas - so it was a bit late. He still likes it, though. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:10 pm
IN a few days the "Buffalo" sweater (so called because it was knit during a production of "Moon Over Buffalo" a comdey theatre show) will be the longest project stared in September and finished, well in a few days from now.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces