Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Craftster swap for gaiaonline.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:27 pm
www.craftster.org is a craft website/forum.
They regularly do swaps in various themes where everybody makes an item then sends it to somebody else.
There is a gaiaonline swap being preposed to start sometime in feb. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=145170.0
There are rules for joining a swap.

ALL ABOUT BEING A PARTICIPANT IN A SWAP

What are the conditions to be met in order to participate in a swap?

The swap organizer will check your Profile to see that you meet all of these conditions:

•1• You need to have been a Craftster member for at least 1 month to participate in a swap.

•2• You need to have posted at least 15 times on Craftster to participate in a swap.

•3• If you have never swapped on Craftster before, you can only sign up for ONE swap to start out with. Then when you complete that swap and get Positive Feedback, you can sign up for more than one.
(more here)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:00 pm
It would be cool, but i'm -MUCH- too lazy to sign up for another forum site and remember to post there....

and, (for those who know BJD) crafter scares me as much as DoA. They both seem like places where randomness isn't welcome if it deviates from the topic at all, even if its controlled randomness.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:28 pm
yeah,
it is a bit like that, but thats only because it has to be. The forums ares so freaken huge with so many people posting on them.

I constantly ignore the not getting off topic thing and I have only been cought out at it once or twice, and in all those occasions it was in threads where the wandering away from the topic has gotten contravertial.
Mostly my problem with not being able to wander away from topic is that nobody wants to wander with me.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:48 pm
Thanks for posting this for me! (creator of swap) Well, please please join when it starts, because we'll need all the members as we can!  

philupyourmind

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:06 pm
I shall concider it, but I am orginising my own swap and I am involved in other swaps and I just got my first job so I am a little bit afraid of overcommiting at the moment.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:45 pm
What kind of a swap will it be? I'm kind of confused.  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:09 pm
home made stuffs based on GAIAonline.
Like we could make the clothing from gaia, or make a stuffee of the other persons avitar, or a journal decorated to be like the gaiaonline journals.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:56 pm
Would it be anything Gaia-related or something more specific? What I mean is, would you be able to choose what sort of crafting you do, like, say I would want to knit Angelic Gloves? Or would it be more like everyone makes OMG hats? I'm just curious to see what sort of freedom we'd have with this.  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

philupyourmind

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:11 pm
You could make anything gaia related, using any type of craft! Total freedom....  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:55 pm
bosney
You could make anything gaia related, using any type of craft! Total freedom....

That'd be awesome. I'd be in for that.  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:15 pm
I'm eyeballing it, but it'll all depend on when it starts and the usual stuff like that. I just signed up for a somewhat large (to me) swap and it'll take a LOT of my energy when it gets started. ^^;  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games