Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
i started sewing today

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kahtiXfishie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:49 am
and broke my sewing machine
crap!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:10 am
Odd question- why do you feel the need to start a new thread for everything?  

Silver Mist

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:40 pm
Whats wrong with it?
will she be ok?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:13 pm
the needle broke off

ps: idk, i just like things to be organized with topic.
is that a bad thing?  

kahtiXfishie

Silvander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:31 pm
Needles are easy to replace! If it's a new machine (or a not-incredibly-old) it should have come with replacement needles, and the manual will have a section on how to change them. Basically you loosen the little screw holding it in place, take out the broken one, put in the new one, and tighten the little screw.

Good thing that's all you did! You could have made much bigger messes for yourself the first time you broke your machine. 3nodding biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:55 pm
Needles are easy fixes.^^  

Chibi Kiku-chan

Tes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:38 pm
~
You may like to have things organized by topic but it seems really the question is why do you feel the need to share everything. Maybe if your topics were even a little more substancial it would feel less like spam.

If you broke the needle on your machine consider what kind of fabric you were sewing, if you were forcing it through the machine, maybe you left a pin in the cloth, maybe you had too much tension. You don't really give much information, it seems more like a chat to you than a forum, that you just want to tell people stuff and get attention, without information we can't help.

If you just want to inform us of your daily goings on, the chat thread is a good place for it.

~

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:14 pm
in response to the topic: gonk that really sucks! but it was just the needle.

In response to other people: I have to say i agree. I wouldn't have minded this topic if you had said "T-T My sewing machine broke!" for the subject, and then in the thread told us about what happened -in the first post-. Ya know... 'i started sewing 9 layers of denim and 3 of leather and the needle broke!' or 'i was sewing a blanket, and i don't know why but the needle broke! How do i fix it?" A little information goes a long way here. It gives us a chance to decide how best to respond to the topic. 3nodding I, personally, would have taken this to the chat thread unless it had been more then just my needle breaking. If i had made a thread about it, it would have been because i didn't know what happened and i would have included as many details as possible. Or it would be to ask if anyone had recomendations on what machine to get to replace it.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:12 am
kochi~mochi
in response to the topic: gonk that really sucks! but it was just the needle.

In response to other people: I have to say i agree. I wouldn't have minded this topic if you had said "T-T My sewing machine broke!" for the subject, and then in the thread told us about what happened -in the first post-. Ya know... 'i started sewing 9 layers of denim and 3 of leather and the needle broke!' or 'i was sewing a blanket, and i don't know why but the needle broke! How do i fix it?" A little information goes a long way here. It gives us a chance to decide how best to respond to the topic. 3nodding I, personally, would have taken this to the chat thread unless it had been more then just my needle breaking. If i had made a thread about it, it would have been because i didn't know what happened and i would have included as many details as possible. Or it would be to ask if anyone had recomendations on what machine to get to replace it.

Percisely! *nods*  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff