Magical Numbers? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:17 pm
This would probably be a silly topic anywhere else, but... How many of us have certain numbers that show up a lot in our lives? I'll give an example:
My house number is 53. It was coincidentally the house number of a friend of mine in Germany whom I was a penpal with, and I see it in movies, and get it a lot when I roll dice, or use a number randomizer. It shows up so much that I'm beginning to think it has some sort of major significance in my life. But I can't seem to figure out what that significance is, or even if its just some large cosmic coincidence.
Also, my birthday seems to be a number that shows up a lot in the ourside world. July 10. My friend in Germany has the same birthday, the only teacher who ever cared about me as a student was born on this day, and I've met many other people who's birthday are the day before, or after, mine, as well.
Does anyone else have numbers like this?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:21 am
Call me incredibly cliche but I am drawn to the number 13. It just well, it just sits right with me. The number 15 is another that I feel is significant...don't ask me why though!  

iolitefire

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:24 am
13 and 26; I'm drawn to the number 13 for obvious reasons, Friday the 13th is usually one of my better days in the run of things and I was born the 26th day of October. Kinda ironic that one's a multiple of the other. blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:24 am
3, 26, and 8. First of all, I was born in march 26th, '88. Then I noticed those are numbers that all show up in my student ID's, ACT ID's, locker numbers, locker combinations (the ones that are already set), social security number, I role 3 and 6 all the time with dice, whenever I play a game where I have to draw a number, it's either 6 or 8. I've noticed a lot of matches like that in my birthchart. Stuff like that. It has gotten to the point that if I don't see any of those numbers in anything something bad seems to happen.  

Seira Relur

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:43 am
eek Er... how many people do we have here that were born on the 26th of a month? I'd be the third one, though granted in a different month. And I can't say I much like the number 26... (shrug) Traditionally I've only favored odd numbers, particularly prime numbers, but I've also grown to like the number "4" though only because of its signifigance in my practice (aka, 4 elements, 4 seasons, etc).  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:03 am
-doesn't fit in-

T_ T I was born on a third.
August 3rd, specifically -- I have a cousin who was born on that day also (seven years later though), and I know 8 or 9 other people with the same birthday.

There are certain numbers that show up a lot in my life, and that's why I started getting into numerology.

3, 6, 8, 941.

There's a few more, but those are the most common that I see coming up a lot.

Just random threes sometimes. There's three sisters in my original family, my sister has three kids, third times the charm or the curse, at least with me and mine. Six is a multiple of 3, and I've always favored that number.

Eight comes up a lot. I have a few friends whose birthday (as in the day of the month) is on the 8th, 8 is my Life Path number and, on Rider-Waite type decks, the number of the Strength card, and me being a Leo, it's one that I can positively identify with. Aside from it being my life path number, it's, numerologically, a lot of OTHER of my numbers.

941 comes up, usually as a time. I don't have a lot of clocks in my house, so at night or in the morning, if I look at a clock a majority of the time it says 9:41 (and the clocks aren't broken, it just happens that I always look at the clock at 9.41). And that one sortof boggles me. I recently realized that it's on the licence plate of my (departed) Grandfather's car. o_O

I've had dreams recently, though, of a pagan group or school that I was in the process of joining... 961 came up a lot, in different orders (like 691, 619, 916) as we were leaving, and I don't know why. o_O I usually can't read in my dreams, signs are usually in pictish, so I don't know why I could see numbers...  

Jezehbelle

Caerwiden

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:33 am
4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42? (they pop all over the place in Lost!)

I'm not sure about numbers popping up in my own life all the time (they might do, but I don't pay enough attention really). 3 is supposed to be a very powerful number though (things of importance seem to come in threes like triple goddesses)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:40 pm
Caerwiden
3 is supposed to be a very powerful number though (things of importance seem to come in threes like triple goddesses)

There's a saying that events do, too. I know in my family, if anything bad happens, you wait for two more to tail it before you've got room to breathe. I've had friends and profs tell me the same thing, and they aren't from the area, so I can only assume that the saying, for good or bad events, has a broader range.  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Creepy Albino Fish

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:15 pm
My numbers are 3 and 9. I just seem to do well with them. I was born on the 1st of September, '89. (if you want to get technical, septemeber is the 9th month, the 1 from the day and the 8 from the year add up to be 9 and then there's the 9 on the end of the year making 9 9 9; making 3 9's.)
3x3=9
Whenever my jersey for sports has been either of these, I do well.

Oh, and Bookwyrm, I had 3 bad things in a row. My grandparents dog died (whom i was very close to), my grampa died and then my gramma died.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:34 pm
It doesn't pop up very often, but I like the number 72. I think a big part of it is because of Confucius. He had 72 (main) disciples, and he died at the age 72. The number is said to be divine, but I don't know if it's because of him. It probably is. After doing a school research paper on him, I began to feel like 72 was a special number, because it just sat well with me, I guess. It feels nice.

Other than that, I see a lot of master numbers on my clock, and sometimes in random places like on the internet and stuff. I see a lot of 11:11 or 1:11, or 12:12, 10:10, 5:55, 2:22, etc. even when I'm not keeping track of the time. I'll just wonder what time it is and randomly look at the clock and see a master number. Not sure what it means, but master numbers in numerology are supposedly supposed to be really special. But I really have no idea as to what this whole thing is telling me.  

Kuroyue

Aquajade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:28 am
My numbers are 3, 7 and 13.

I have 3 websites that I have to go to everyday. There are 7 people in my immediate family, my grandma, grandpa, mom, brother, aunt, uncle and me of course. I have 13 best friends. Also in books, when i find something in them that I find funny, the page number has either a 3 or 7 in the number. I have 13 foods that I can't live without, cheese, chocolate, ice cream, salads, water, chicken, pizza, apples, oranges, potatoes, milk, chips and noodles.

I also normally get a 3, a 7 or a 13 in my lucky numbers when I get a fortune cookie, no kidding.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:25 pm
23, the holy number of Discord.  

T-kal Thornside

Dapper Smoker

3,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:23 am
Wow, I got more of a response than I had expected.
Its good to see I'm not the only one with numbers that appear a lot in my life.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:03 pm
I've never really noticed myself having a specific good number, although bad things, for me, always tend to involve the number 6.  

ReKay

Aiste Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:45 am
The number 43 is significant to me, why? Because I decided it. It's my favorite number. One day acting up in the 6th grade I decided that was my answer to every question the teacher asked. Every since then it's been my number. Silly, I know. But it's significant to me.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff