Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
This is one of my best friends!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

blazestonefire656

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:49 pm
This is one of my best friends that I was talking to on Myspace. *shakes head disapprovingly*

my sis says that sue likes me but sue knows that im catching on and that she dosent whant me to todely figer it out this macke a lot of sence becuze i asked if the boy she liked was in are last class and she looked weried lated and tryed to chang the subject ps if on a long shot it is me becuze i talked to grace and she was asking me if i liked sue in that way and ehats rong if she liked me what shoud i do you know i tolled you its posibel and i dont whant to din-i her i mean shes a friend and i try to give them what they whant but still yer and are frist and formost friends i do feel that i should give it a chance but still longshot and were friends i dont think that being friends for a year could have made a cruch/love/afecthin happen you havent toled her have you

And he can speak so well normally... *shakes head again*  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:03 pm
what did he say???
did not understand a single word.  

Noche Flor

Zealot of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:04 pm
*sigh*

Normally, when I hit the text talk more than 2 lines long, I cease to keep reading it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:28 pm
Yeah, I know! We were talking about my other best friend and could hardly read some of it! I don't know if he just can't spell or what, but I'm too nice to critize him... Well, I can in person, but that's different. You don't want to know how it feels to get messages from him like that, EVERYDAY!!!  

blazestonefire656

Leoshi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:28 pm
I quit. Can't read it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:54 am
*gets out Club of Literacy +1*

Time to start bashing.  

Galadedrid Damodred

YourLovelyBear

Beloved Bear

17,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:57 am
That...was very difficult to read...and I'm 13.
I mean, what the f***? That isn't even correct txt talk!! You know what? That's just...his own version of it...or something. But still. It's utterly disturbing, and I couldn't understand it much. Someone give him a d*mned book!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:38 am
blazestonefire656
This is one of my best friends that I was talking to on Myspace. *shakes head disapprovingly*

my sis says that sue likes me but sue knows that im catching on and that she dosent whant me to todely figer it out this macke a lot of sence becuze i asked if the boy she liked was in are last class and she looked weried lated and tryed to chang the subject ps if on a long shot it is me becuze i talked to grace and she was asking me if i liked sue in that way and ehats rong if she liked me what shoud i do you know i tolled you its posibel and i dont whant to din-i her i mean shes a friend and i try to give them what they whant but still yer and are frist and formost friends i do feel that i should give it a chance but still longshot and were friends i dont think that being friends for a year could have made a cruch/love/afecthin happen you havent toled her have you

And he can speak so well normally... *shakes head again*

My attempt at translating this:

My sis[ter] says that Sue likes me, but Sue knows that I'm catching on and that she doesn't want me to totally figure it out. This makes a lot of sense because I asked if the boy she liked was in our last class and she looked worried lately (?) and tried to change the subject. P.S. If, on a long shot, it is me, because I talked to Grace and she was asking me if I liked Sue in that way and what's wrong if she liked me. What should I do? You know, I told you it's possible and I don't want to deny her. I mean, she's a friend and I try to give them what they want, but still we (I think that's what he's trying to say) are first and foremost friends. I do feel that I should give it a chance but [it's] still [a] long shot and we're friends. I don't think that being friends for a year could have made a crush/love/affection thing happen. You haven't told her, have you?

There you go. Translation complete. I must now go and bang my head on something to uncross my eyes.  

Katurrah

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:38 am
neutral I can't read that . . .  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:24 pm
...Wow. Not one period. I have a friend like that, and she is so freakin' intelligent.  

Arana

7,625 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Domenic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:24 pm
Quote:
Normally, when I hit the text talk more than 2 lines long, I cease to keep reading it.

So I'm not the only one!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:08 am
When I saw that he spelled "deny" as "din-i," I cried. Literally. Everyone in the computer lab is looking at me like I'm insane. (Which is probably true, but that's beside the point...)  

rae-chan-sensei

Lonely Kitten

blazestonefire656

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:36 am
I KNOW!!! And, the worst part is that he wasn't trying to type in txt tlk!!! He's just a really bad speller!! I think that's SOOOO sad!!! And thanks for the translation... It was pretty close, I think...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:13 pm
Leoshi
I quit. Can't read it.

Me either.  

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items