Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
The PM that made me give up "txt tlk"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Radio Chaos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:57 pm
Ok, I was editing my guild once and I got a PM from my friend, and it said this.

mixed chic
yo watss up frend o mine dat is sum koolio otft umm plz donate 2 me k thnks

I found 19 grammar errors and at first I didn't even no what she was saying because she typed such horrible grammar. So, I haven't "txt tlked" since then.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:14 pm
-twitch twitch-
I think I lost about 20 I.Q. points reading that.  

Captain Purpleheart

Galadedrid Damodred

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:29 pm
*long, wailing shriek trailing off into the distance*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:46 pm
I have seen adults type like that. People who are a good bit older than us. What truly makesme cry is the fact that there are so many people who can't even spell easy words like "know" or use the wrong word. For example, I am in a tavern and one guy constantly uses "there" instead of "their". I have told him countless times about this and he still does it... I mean, I even use proper grammar when I'm on AIM.  

Kait Yslanaa

Dangerous Dabbler

GlamxShock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:28 pm
That simply disgusts me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:30 pm
That would certianly make one give up "txt tlk". That is very horrific.  

Etna In Netherland

Rainbow-Power Kool-Aid

Colorful Elder

16,100 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:51 pm
That's just horrible. I instant message people, or at least I used to, and my friends always used to complain that I spend too much time sending a message. Mostly because I didn't use shorthand like everyone else.

I find mistakes everywhere. On tests and quizzes I get in school, I find many type-o's. It's one of my big things that drives me nuts.

And about your PM you received, I would trash it right away. I would only respond if it was a friend of mine or if the message was readable and had a point to it. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:21 pm
I applaud your effor to quit txt tlk. I don't know why people even use it in the first place if its illegible. txt tlk has very much outlived its usefulness.  

Zhiege

blazestonefire656

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:27 pm
That was horrible, but the worst part is: I could read it! The first time through!!! I'll do a translation if necessary  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:44 pm
This Could Be Love
That's just horrible. I instant message people, or at least I used to, and my friends always used to complain that I spend too much time sending a message. Mostly because I didn't use shorthand like everyone else.

I find mistakes everywhere. On tests and quizzes I get in school, I find many type-o's. It's one of my big things that drives me nuts.

And about your PM you received, I would trash it right away. I would only respond if it was a friend of mine or if the message was readable and had a point to it. smile

Haha, it actually takes me a longer time to type in "shorthand" because I'm so used to typing out the full words, getting my fingers to do anything else takes longer. =P  

plateglasspoint

Robthebob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:23 pm
I think my eyes are going to burn away after I post this message...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:41 pm
My eyes have melted from the sheer horror of that message. I honestly can not understand why so many people type like that.  

KadajNu

Stumpilicious

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:55 pm
lemon drop SURPRISE
-twitch twitch-
I think I lost about 20 I.Q. points reading that.

(Totally off topic) Speaking of IQ, since my parents are divorced I am forced to go to my dad's house even other week and my step-sister is destroying any last grips of sanity I possess. eek I know her being seven has something to do with it, but this lack of capacity for speaking anything outside of cartoons is just too much to bear. emo  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games