Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Show and tell for the week of 14 Jan 07 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silvander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:08 pm
I know, it's thursday. But I am excited about my new love, my book cover.

Pictures! The pictures are really big and I'm too lazy to resize them. I'm just going to put up the links because I hate scrolling.
Cover
Inside of Cover
Cover Wrapped around a standard-sized mass produced paperback. (No it's not a romance novel, but it does have it's share of wonderful demon smut heart )
Braid Detail
Detail of the Patterned Fabric Which is sooo pretty. *lurve*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:06 pm
ooo very nice! I don' thave pics of what i've finished but.....

i made the dollie yukata, and i got it sent off today, i'll have pictures when it gets to PA.
I finished ironing the triangles for my white mage robe.

thats about it. sweatdrop

OH YEAH! I made a little flag with the Fraser clan crest on it for my girlfriends pencil - their motto is "I am ready" in french. felt like a good thing for her to have on her pencil for a final that she's soo not ready for. mad D  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:43 am
You still owe me one of those... *pokes silvander* Then again, I still have your bath salts. xd

Oh! I did a small projects two? weeks ago.

Fun bag for sewing-ness!!

outside

inside, with pockets

I just decided to finally use all that random fabric I really wanted to use for stuffs, but had no clue what. ^^ I plan on keeping it perfectly clean, so I can dump whatever fabric in there (satins, brocades, anything ^^ ) whithout fear of dirt.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:11 am
Yea I know. I have the darned thing around here somewhere..... It's a matter of finding it in this mess. You should see my kitchen table (which, since it's not used for eating, is what I hijack to sew on). Piled with scrap satin and threads. Even my cat won't get up there anymore. xd  

Silvander

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:59 pm
Silvander
Yea I know. I have the darned thing around here somewhere..... It's a matter of finding it in this mess. You should see my kitchen table (which, since it's not used for eating, is what I hijack to sew on). Piled with scrap satin and threads. Even my cat won't get up there anymore. xd
wow.
I have had cats so I know thats saying something.

and the book cover and bag looks great.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:34 am
Progress on my current project, a sweater made out of Pattons Devine:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

LadyAnubis

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:27 am
I finished a pair of green Socks of Doom a few days ago. My first finished pair biggrin My friend really liked them and was very impressed that they fit so good on her feet. "It's like they were made for me!" Well... Duh!

I'm mentally preparing myself for the socks I'll make for my boyfriend. He's got huuuuge feet, and I'm going to have to make up a pattern for them.

Other than that... I bought a simple bedspread today and I'm thinking about making it prettier with beads or something. Our old bedspread was too small for our bed and had been damaged in the washer so it was about time we got a better one.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:50 am
i'm currently working on the second of two "Frankensocks", made with just one skein of Wool-Ease Thick & Quick. i was wanting to make a turtleneck sweater, but there's no way i'd be able to afford 8 skeins of the yarn right now...(no job yet...but not for lack of trying!)...so i decided to try to make a sort of slipper-sock thingy...i've got the right sock done...working on the main body of the left sock now, and then i'll sew the two pieces i've got together, and then work on the finishing part...each sock is made in three pieces: the bottom, which i made based on the bottom of one of my slippers; a piece that goes around the entire outside edge of the bottom, which i had to recalculate on the left sock, because it turns out i was 18 stitches shy of making it all the way around on the right sock...; and the finishing piece, which i have no idea as to how many rows i made it on the right sock...otherwise, i'd offer a pattern for everyone...  

SaelensFrozenFlame

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:52 am
I finally have a picture of the fox tail scarf I crocheted: (Sorry about the poor quality, the flash was a little nutso with the white yarn at either end)

User Image

My boyfriend's favorite animal is foxes, so he got a kick out of it. When he took me to his parents' house to meet his grandmother, his wore the scarf. His father loves foxes too, so he saw it and said "Is that a fox? I'm jealous!" So now I'm trying to finish a second one by his birthday on Febrary 10.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:39 pm
I love all those projects! The scarf is great!

And that book cover! How did you do that? eek  

AriRashkae

Silvander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:52 pm
12 strips of 3 inch wide fabric (4 strips of each color) sewn together to form a front, back, and flaps, sandwiched with the braid for the handles and bookmark as follows: felt batting (cuz they were thin fabrics), back, handles and bookmark (piled on the inside so they stick out when you flip it inside out), inside cover. Sew 3 sides, flip, topstich.

It's easier than it sounds. Took me an hour and a half, and I'd never done it before.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:15 pm
Finally found the camera and the dock so I've just posted my FO's on deviantart. Behold the yarny goodness.

Love, love, love the foxtail scarf. What a wicked idea!  

Worst_Witch

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:05 pm
Thanks, y'all!

And I'm SO SORRY - I forgot to tell everyone else they had cool projects, too! (I feel so rude... sweatdrop )

Lady Anubis, I like those colors - what pattern are you using?
Silver Mist and Silvander - any chance for tutorials?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:53 pm
Brunette_Star
Thanks, y'all!

And I'm SO SORRY - I forgot to tell everyone else they had cool projects, too! (I feel so rude... sweatdrop )

Lady Anubis, I like those colors - what pattern are you using?
Silver Mist and Silvander - any chance for tutorials?

sure, but give me awhile. Schools trying to run me over, I"m sure of it. ><  

Silver Mist

gemini6184

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:31 pm
User ImageUser Image

Really crappy photos of a great sweater I made for my friend blueraydragon_girl for a christmas/birthday present. She just got it in the mail today so I figured it was safe to post these mrgreen  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff