Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Vowels are eliminated... as usual...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Domenic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:23 pm
Although I'm a grammar nazi, I don't tend to correct my immediate friends via IM or anything on that nature, because they've earned my respect, but one of my friends is just unbearable.

Instead of saying "I know" or at least 'i kno' she says 'ik'
And that's just one of the many self-inventet chatspeak terms she uses that makes me fall over in my chair and bleed out my eyes.

Do you know people who have stooped so low as to remove all vowels or make up their own chatspeak terms?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:53 pm
Definitely. I share your pain.  

xAvenirYuinax

Domenic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:07 pm
Ugh, I know, right? Thank you, I'm so glad I found this guild (not that it was hard to find).  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:22 pm
The best thing to do is set an example. If you type correctly, your friends are bound to catch on sooner or later.

Another good tactic is to say "what?" every two or three lines. Then they'll be forced to type it out xd  

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

Domenic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:59 pm
Oh, I'm like the god of grammar when it comes to me compared to my friends, but I always type correctly. And yeah, the 'what' strategy might be useful... -strokes nonexistent beard- Hmm...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:09 pm
MyOwnBestCritic
The best thing to do is set an example. If you type correctly, your friends are bound to catch on sooner or later.

Another good tactic is to say "what?" every two or three lines. Then they'll be forced to type it out xd

You'd be surprised. It's well over two years since I've started going on forums and IM and stuff. None of them have gotten the memo. It's make me sad. -tear-  

xAvenirYuinax

LoveCharm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:59 pm
the only thing i REALLY hate is when people talk like that, they think they are better and more ghetto...or popular.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:13 pm
I have a couple of friends who break my heart! They are so used to Text Talk that their spelling capabilities for essays, etc., have completely diminished. I mean they use Text Talk for schoolwork! It's just so sad! crying crying crying crying crying  

EgweneSkywalkerBaggins

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff