Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
painting on furniture Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:58 am
I have a problem... I love to paint on furniture! Why is this a problem? xd Cause it takes forever to finish a good quality piece and well, not many pople like to see wood furniture stripped and repainted.

Does anyone else here share this odd hobby?

Anywho, pics of pieces I have done in the last few years- (to be kind, I only put in one pic of each, with links to details)

Doctor Suess Chair
User Image
Seat

front of back rest
back of back rest

Walt Disney chair

User Image

Seat Detail
back of back rest  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:02 am
omgosh! those are so good! I that is such a cool hobby! I wish I could draw the most I can do is stick people....very cute stick people but there still just stick people.....sigh  

sparklingbutterfly

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:20 am
Thank you! ^^ (most of my orignal art work seems a bit morbid at the moment, as most of my good pieces are from thrid quarter drawing freshman year. Which is human and antaomy studies... >>... <<)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:05 am
Those chairs are lovely Silver Mist, you have been blessed with talent. I can't draw a decent stick figure.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:08 am
Thank you. Since I'm going to school to draw for a living, I suppose thats a good thing. ^^ (I'm a design student)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:15 am
Where's a pic of the rainbow fish chair? That's my favorite piece of yours. Much lurve for teh fishehs. heart  

Silvander

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:12 pm
Thats awesome, i have a friend who wants to try it out. But sadly she has NO time to do anything more then what she already has.

and i'd love to see some of your original work sometime, morbids no problem for me! whee  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:04 pm
Those are like oh my gosh cool.

You should be pleased.

I would get into doing furniture, but I am not the best at drawing. Proportion escapes me.  

I be me
Vice Captain

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:02 am
I really like the Walt Disney one!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:06 am
Silvander
Where's a pic of the rainbow fish chair? That's my favorite piece of yours. Much lurve for teh fishehs. heart

there is a rainbow fish chair!!!! I heart rainbow fish I second the vote for a pic of it!!!  

sparklingbutterfly

sakurachan61123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:06 pm
very nicely done. I wish I had some talent for something of that sort but all i can do is sew . . . *sigh*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:09 pm
That's awesome! Do you have pics of other furniture you've painted?  

Brunette_Star

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:23 pm
sparklingbutterfly
Silvander

there is a rainbow fish chair!!!! I heart rainbow fish I second the vote for a pic of it!!!
i third the vote for a pic!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:45 pm
I volunteer to drive you out to your old highschool to get said picture. *nodds*

....Then we should steal it. Bwahahahaha *shifty eyes*  

Silvander

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:23 am
Bad! Bad Jessie! No stealing from a catholic grade school library.

I will eventually drive out there and get a pic of it. The problem is the only time I'm free and they be open is when theres rush hour traffic. There is only one road in and out of the city.

and... just for you guys. ^^

User Image  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas