Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Admin? Ha...haha...yeah right... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lekonua

Wealthy Genius

5,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:02 am
Idiotic jerk sends me a message saying I have "been reported for hacking Gaia" and he "needs my password to check my trade activity."

My response:

Quote:
Quote:
(me)
I don't believe you. Jerk.

Quote:
(idiotic jerk)
okay you are being banned from gaia

Quote:
(me)
Yeah. Your immense knowledge of grammar and capitalization honestly scare me.

You're not an admin, you can't ban me, and you HAVE been reported to the REAL admins.

Don't contact me again. You're the one being banned. biggrin

1. The original message was quite obviously copied and pasted from somewhere, as the spelling and grammar were fine.

2. Shouldn't an Admin know a thing or two about punctuation and capitalization of names?

3. There was a message at the top of the message page specifically saying not to give out your password to anyone because Admins won't ask you for it.

4. Why would anyone waste their time trying to steal someone's account? It's almost as if they think Gaia gold is exchangeable for actual cash or something! Somebody needs to get a life. stare  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:46 am
I've said it before a million times... admins will never ask for your password because they don't need it. The system is designed so the higher-ups can monitor the users very easily. I just wonder how many idiots he's caught that way.  

Angel80272

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:01 pm
I've got so many spams like this... and the strange thing is that no one even tries to sound like a real admin. Plus, admin's names are different colors, such as green, orange, etc.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:51 pm
tiger80272
I've said it before a million times... admins will never ask for your password because they don't need it. The system is designed so the higher-ups can monitor the users very easily. I just wonder how many idiots he's caught that way.

Wow. Hopefully nobody. I also thought that you should never give your password out was abundently clear.  

Zhiege

GlamxShock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:19 pm
I hate mail like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:18 pm
xd Nicely handled Lekonua. I get mail like that aswell.  

Stumpilicious

Galadedrid Damodred

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:25 pm
*shrieking with laughter*

Stupidity makes me laugh.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:10 pm
*snickers* That has to be some of the dumbest crap I have ever seen.. No wait, I have seen dumber...  

Kait Yslanaa

Dangerous Dabbler

xAvenirYuinax

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:24 pm
It's sad to say, but I have as well. - -  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:26 pm
Galadedrid Damodred
*shrieking with laughter*

Stupidity makes me laugh.
Stupidity makes just about everyone laugh. It explains American cartoons.
~~~
People like that should be tortured or taught something...or maybe both >=]

YourLovelyBear

Beloved Bear

17,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

K-Archer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:50 pm
Lekonua
Idiotic jerk sends me a message saying I have "been reported for hacking Gaia" and he "needs my password to check my trade activity."

My response:

Quote:
Quote:
(me)
I don't believe you. Jerk.

Quote:
(idiotic jerk)
okay you are being banned from gaia

Quote:
(me)
Yeah. Your immense knowledge of grammar and capitalization honestly scare me.

You're not an admin, you can't ban me, and you HAVE been reported to the REAL admins.

Don't contact me again. You're the one being banned. biggrin

1. The original message was quite obviously copied and pasted from somewhere, as the spelling and grammar were fine.

2. Shouldn't an Admin know a thing or two about punctuation and capitalization of names?

3. There was a message at the top of the message page specifically saying not to give out your password to anyone because Admins won't ask you for it.

4. Why would anyone waste their time trying to steal someone's account? It's almost as if they think Gaia gold is exchangeable for actual cash or something! Somebody needs to get a life. stare

Yeah, the same thing happened to one of my friends on here, except her account had already been deleted. It sucks, and the n00bs are stupid. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:11 am
It's so fun to get messages like that. What is even more fun is when you can reply to them.

Quote:
Let it be known that the Private Message in the above quote has been reported to the administrators of Gaia Online by me, Chaotic Emotion, the recipient of said Private Message.

Please keep in mind that though new to Gaia Online, I have read and fully understand the Terms of Service, and am aware that Private Messages such as the one mentioned above are illegal. Other than that fact, I must have you know that I find your accusation fully insulting.

xd

That shuts them right up. It's a nice way of saying (And pardon the grammar) "Screw you n00b, get a friggin life".  

Chaotic Emotion

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:10 am
Don't mess with a Grammar guilder.

xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:38 am
I wouldn't even let them know they were being reported, I'd just report them, though I've never gotten a message like that before (luckily).  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Maka Koa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:51 pm
Has anybody thought of giving them a WRONG password just so they can keep trying it untill they get themselfs banned?  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff