Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
bf4l anyone?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bf4l?
  Who to the what now? o.O
  Erm... no...
  My eyes... it burns! -dies-
  Poll-whore option -giggle-
View Results

xAvenirYuinax

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:00 pm
I just saw this a couple of days ago in one of my friends personal message on msn. So is bf4l (best friends for life) a new addition to the illiterate world or am I just being ignorant and have simply not noticed? confused  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:43 pm
*hysterical sobbing*

OH NOOOOOOO! I MUST GET MY SHAKESPEARIAN CUDGEL +3!!!!  

Galadedrid Damodred

Zhiege

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:23 pm
*shrugs* Honestly I've no idea.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:28 pm
It's been around for a while. I personally haven't used it (if I do lower myself to that level out of pure laziness, I use "lylas"), I've seen it around.

And for the curious: lylas = "love you like a sister". (Of course, I edited the translation to be grammatically correct.) It's reserved for one friend only. I have my limits on being a sloth with my typing. г_г  

Ellis Bell Esq.

Thirteenth Partier

400 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Imaginary Tears

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:02 pm
One of my friends uses chatspeak and I can't stand it. I don't know anything about a "bf4l". o.O  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:07 pm
It does been Best friends for life. My friends use it ... It's awkward. bsfl I also know as blood sisters for life.

Natilly

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:10 pm
Let me just go hang my self.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:45 pm
Good lord!What next?Who comes up with this stuff!They should be shot repeatedly in the head with a sawed-off shotgun,then be thrown to a river,and finally have their arms chopped off by a chainsaw!  

Anti-Klim

SK8HAIR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:35 pm
Wow...I'm constantly surrounded by stuff like that around my friends, but that is just...well... I didn't even recognize it!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:20 am
Oh? This was made years ago, right? Probably before the 90's...  

YourLovelyBear

Beloved Bear

17,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

rae-chan-sensei

Lonely Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:39 am
vic48
Good lord!What next?Who comes up with this stuff!They should be shot repeatedly in the head with a sawed-off shotgun,then be thrown to a river,and finally have their arms chopped off by a chainsaw!

I'll provide the sawed off shotgun! 3nodding ...You don't mind that it's black powder, do you?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:41 pm
Ellis Bell Esq.
It's been around for a while. I personally haven't used it (if I do lower myself to that level out of pure laziness, I use "lylas"), I've seen it around.

And for the curious: lylas = "love you like a sister". (Of course, I edited the translation to be grammatically correct.) It's reserved for one friend only. I have my limits on being a sloth with my typing. г_г

When somebody wrote that to me in a letter, I thought they were calling me names or something. @_@  

YamiMalik13

Sighren

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:04 pm
Wow. Just...wow. I'm used to the whole "BFFL" thing. But "BF4L?" This world is on an inevitable decline into pure hopelessness.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:26 pm
I need my stabby-thing of words -1...
Oh, no. I apear to have gotten dumber just looking at that little piece of horror. gonk  

wcs792

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff