Warding/Protection Ritual

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ILuvEire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:30 pm
Merry Meet!
My friend, me and her sister are going to ward their house. We have some stuff set out and I figured I might as well gets someone else's opinion!
So far we have:
Ametheyst
Obsidian
Quartz
Turquise
Sage smudge stick
Mop/Sweep the house and dump it outside
Black rocks in the house for one turn of the moon (full moon to full moon)
Bury the black rocks
Put white rocks in the corners of the house

So do you have anyother ideas to add to it, or stuff we should take out of it?

GRACIAS ALL!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:26 pm
Amethyst, Obsidion, and Quartz are all pretty good defensive stones, but I'm not so sure about turquoise. From my experiences, turquoise is best used for other things and even in pagan literature (Cunnigham etc.), turquoise isn't typcially used for sealing or warding.
If you want to know a simple thing you can add that works pretty well for warding? Salt. Especially rock salt. For most minor entities, rock salt works well.
If anything truly nasty wants to get inside the house, well....the only way I've seen to ward a house successfully against those kinds of boogies involves lots of energy manipulation.  

iolitefire

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:56 am
Carrying a dish of salt around the house is a nice way to absorbe the eneries that have accumulated in a home; being a university student, I find myself living somewhere new every year, and it's always nice to start off with a clean slate. If the house is really stale feeling, leave the dish out over night.

A Witch's Bottle is also a nice way of warding the house; fill a jar or a bottle with salt, nails, screw, thumb tacks... Anything of the sort that can be found around the house then stick it away in a cupboard to be forgotten about.

Frakencense could be a useful incense for you, and hematite or blood stone could be used along with your other stones.

If you can find it, black salt is used to ward off harmful visitors, and mistletoe was always revered for its protective properties.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:20 am
iolitefire
Amethyst, Obsidion, and Quartz are all pretty good defensive stones, but I'm not so sure about turquoise. From my experiences, turquoise is best used for other things and even in pagan literature (Cunnigham etc.), turquoise isn't typcially used for sealing or warding.
If you want to know a simple thing you can add that works pretty well for warding? Salt. Especially rock salt. For most minor entities, rock salt works well.
If anything truly nasty wants to get inside the house, well....the only way I've seen to ward a house successfully against those kinds of boogies involves lots of energy manipulation.

I see how I got mixed up. I saw somewhere that turquoise was used in spirit working, but it was like
Turquoise---------Spirit working
It was just on a table with a bunch of other stones, so thanks for pointing that out, because now acording to This site (http://www.tween-the-shadows.com/magick/symbolism_gems_stones/turquoise.php) it has a bit more to say about Turquoise... 3nodding

And I think I might have so black salt lying around...I remeber buying it, but I don't remeber if I used it all...and I KNOW I have loads of rock salt.

And I also have some little pieces of hematite, so could I affix them to a wand?  

ILuvEire

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:22 pm
Mmm... ward the house against WHAT? I find it rather important to specify what you're wanting to ward. Your bad neighbor? Malevolent spirits? Tax collectors?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:17 am
ILuvEire
iolitefire

And I also have some little pieces of hematite, so could I affix them to a wand?

You can if you want to; I just have mine laying out, but that's what works best for me. Whatever is going to best suit your pusposes, go for it.

And Starlock has a really good point: It's important to establish what you're warding against. Different wadrings can and usually will employ different techniques to get optomal results.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

DracoJesi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:10 pm
ILuvEire
Merry Meet!
My friend, me and her sister are going to ward their house. We have some stuff set out and I figured I might as well gets someone else's opinion!
So far we have:
Ametheyst
Obsidian
Quartz
Turquise
Sage smudge stick
Mop/Sweep the house and dump it outside
Black rocks in the house for one turn of the moon (full moon to full moon)
Bury the black rocks
Put white rocks in the corners of the house

So do you have anyother ideas to add to it, or stuff we should take out of it?

GRACIAS ALL!

you are going to do an incantation right? or at least charge the stones, I would if youre worried about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:53 am
step one- Jump up and down whilst chanting the sacred words of the wooble "Wiki wiki whoo! Wiki Wiki Whoo'
Step two- ?????
Step 3- profit

or just burn some incense and clear your head, sometimes its just best to do what you feel is best. Use what you think works, and say what you think fits. If you just ask people they could be making things up.  

Cosmic Space Orange

Tipsy Mage

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:34 pm
The Bookwyrm
and mistletoe was always revered for its protective properties.
Protective?! It killed Baldur! gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:38 pm
Starlock
Mmm... ward the house against WHAT? I find it rather important to specify what you're wanting to ward. Your bad neighbor? Malevolent spirits? Tax collectors?

I plan on warding the house against malevolent spirits, and they think they have a ghost in the house.

DracoJesi
you are going to do an incantation right? or at least charge the stones, I would if youre worried about it.

Well, you see I am really just giving them supplies, they will work out the incantation and everything, but they have really very little supplies because they are...well lets just say they are so deep in the broom closet they have found pitchforks rofl when they do work out an incantation I will post it on here if they will allow me to biggrin

The Bookwyrm
You can if you want to; I just have mine laying out, but that's what works best for me. Whatever is going to best suit your pusposes, go for it.

And Starlock has a really good point: It's important to establish what you're warding against. Different wadrings can and usually will employ different techniques to get optomal results.

OK, so I have an "altar" table they can borrow. I am planning on putting My little pieces of hematite, obsidian, and amethyst on the centre of the table. Is there a certain way I should lay them out, or should I just kinda stick them in a way that is appealing to them?

Sorry, this is the first "official" protection-y type ritual I have ever done, as well as the first one I have ever done with crytal magic.  

ILuvEire

PoeticVengeance

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:12 am
Starlock

I am more then amused by that.

IRS agent: "It was so weird, as I got closer and closer to that girl's house I just felt worse and worse. When I finally got to the door I couldn't even knock on it. I felt like I was going to puke. Weirdest experience of my life."  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games