Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
noro yarn

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what is your favorite noro yarn
  silver thaw
  kueryon
  silk garden
  iro
  cashmere island
  kochoran
View Results

fashionista468

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:13 pm
what is your favorite noro yarn???

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:31 pm
i am a silk garden addict  

fashionista468

gemini6184

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:13 pm
I dream of one day actually being able to afford to make something out of noro sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:45 am
I am not addictied to Kureyon, I swear *crosses fingers behind back*

Though I made a wonderfully yummy scarf out of silk garden and loved using it.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Zahra Ovaci

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:56 am
honestly, I don't enjoy working with Noro. The price is too high for the yardage, and the quality doesn't justify the extra price. The colors are great, but there are better-made yarns that have colors just as good, and I'd rather use something that's going to last longer.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:09 pm
The Kuryeon wins thus far, but I've yet to get my greedy little hands on the Silk Garden. Though the LYS that my dad hits up for me has about got him convinced.  

Worst_Witch

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:34 pm
Zahra Ovaci
honestly, I don't enjoy working with Noro. The price is too high for the yardage, and the quality doesn't justify the extra price. The colors are great, but there are better-made yarns that have colors just as good, and I'd rather use something that's going to last longer.

I'm with you. Noro's quality just isn't worth its price. For what I'd pay for a couple balls of Kureyon, I shouldn't have to pick twigs and straw out. The colorways are gorgeous, but not pretty enough to get me put up with yarn breaking on me because it's spun too thin in places. The ONE Noro yarn I did enjoy has been discontinued for years now. It was a wonderful thick and thin wool plied with a thread to give it a kind of homespun look.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:15 pm
I've only knit up samples of Noro yarns, so I really can't pick. I've got two skeins of Silk Mountain that I got on sale, though. I haven't decided what to make with them, yet.  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:06 pm
I'm starting to think Noro is like Diet Coke...

When it comes right down to it, Diet Coke is disgusting... but I must drink it, to the point that I *like* drinking it.

Noro isn't the best quality yarn I have worked with, but something about it makes me like it.

Then again I have never made a full garment out of Noro. I use it for accents and occasionally accesories. That's partially because of the quality and also partially because no matter how nice the colorways are I find garments made completely from self striping yarns like Noro to be visually painful.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:29 pm
I've only used kueryon so far, and have always spread it out with other yarns in projects. I like the color schemes, but I like yarn that felts better. Like Manos! Any one else a Manos addict?  

fireclaws

fashionista468

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:33 pm
i am making a purse with kueryon  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:49 pm
i finished my purse yesterday and i felted it  

fashionista468

fashionista468

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:44 pm
hello  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items