Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
They've infiltrated our schools! O.O Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

plateglasspoint

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:31 pm
Okay, so, every year around Valentine's Day, my school does a fundraiser called "Data Match."

How it works: the students take a survey and submit their answers, then pay about $2.00 to get their results, which match them up to other students according to their answers.

It was all good and fun, up until this year. I looked at the survey, and almost gouged my eyes out; the school was using a survey with "txt tlk." It's not only seeping into the real world— it's infiltrating the educational system! Horrible...

Anyway, here is a copy of the survey my school used, titled "CUL8R" (-shudders-), in .PDF format. Enjoy, I guess?

Update: I browsed some more of their site, and they don't even bother proofreading the faculty version. I only just started and I've found three grammar/spelling errors. Wonderful.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:04 pm
Well that is pretty bad. School's shouldn't promote such things aren't they supposed to be teaching us how to use proper english. The idea's of some of some people still baffle me.  

Neurotic Valentine

Stumpilicious

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:34 pm
Oh wow. First they take out the internet, next they aim at destroying the knowledge of the entire youth. eek I feel so alone. At least I've got this guild. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:04 pm
Dark_Aurora_Mistress
Well that is pretty bad. School's shouldn't promote such things aren't they supposed to be teaching us how to use proper english. The idea's of some of some people still baffle me.

I really hope that was meant to be sarcastic. If not, I've just lost all faith in the human race, and this guild. .__.  

plateglasspoint

RamoraPaige

8,200 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:10 pm
Frankly, my school system doesn't consider grammar all that important. If they did then we would have a whole class for it instead of the occasional lesson in Humanities.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:29 pm
They just want more people to pay for the survey results, and txt tlk is supposedly very "cool" now-a-days.  

Zhiege

Population Tire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:35 pm
Holy cow. That was the most pathetic attempt by any survey to be "cool" that I've ever seen.

It made my cat screech and run out of the room.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:12 pm
It's spreading all over the place. The student council at my school is guilty of using txt tlk, not much but slowly they're using it more and more.

I do not want to picture the educational system ten or fifteen years from now. -shakes head-  

xAvenirYuinax

Archdemonessa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:27 pm
Our school dance was called "ce ce bby" It was really "Ice Ice Baby".  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:07 pm
Oh damn... o.O -twitch twitch-  

xAvenirYuinax

XxJennessaxX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:30 pm
*whimpers* Mommy... burning_eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:35 pm
-pat pat- It'll be okay... Hopefully... >.>  

xAvenirYuinax

Galadedrid Damodred

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:38 pm
I feel ill...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:19 am
Luna Ishukan
Our school dance was called "ce ce bby" It was really "Ice Ice Baby".

Oh, wow. I'm sorry you had to experience that. That's crazy, man.  

plateglasspoint

Buccellatte

Sparkly Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:11 am
Hey, you guys are starting to rub off on me .

I couldn't understand the title at first. This place is like "txt tlk" understanding rehab. rofl

That test was LAME. No. LAMER than LAME. I think I want my 30 seconds back.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff