Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Mushroom, mushroom (Pattern sharing) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A poll is a poll
  and a roll is a roll.
  And if we don't get no polls
  Then we don't eat no rolls.
View Results

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:34 pm
I did a Super Mario afghan for a friend's wedding gift, and so many people are amazed by it, I though I'd share the patterns:

Mario Afghan

It's all single crochet, except the eyes (long DC) and the edging (alternating rows of SC and crossed DC, with 3 regular DC in each corner to turn)

Enjoy, and happy hooking!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:19 pm
Those are great! I am way impressed.  

I be me
Vice Captain

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:32 pm
Thanks! It was really time consuming, but once I had the patterns down, everything went quickly but the bricks. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:45 pm
it's beautious, you should type up a pattern.  

Chaotic_Mind

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:02 pm
I think i'm in love. heart

I'd sooooo make that blanket. And i want to.
Real bad.

Pattern pleeeeeeeease?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:29 pm
Oh cool, thanks for sharing. That is an awesome afghan. I don't play video games but I know people who do.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Beboots

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:04 pm
Woah- that must have been time consuming! (But so worth it! Wow! XD ) What size of crochet hook did you use? Once I have the time and the wool to spare, that'd be an interesting, and ambitious project to try...

I would share some patterns, but I rarely use them (I'm a sock person, you see)... Hmm... except I do have an interesting basket-weave colour changing block... Perhaps I'll take a photograph and post it, later?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:06 pm
That's AWESOME! Great job! *is green with envy of your skills*  

Brunette_Star

tomato green

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:34 pm
that is sweet  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:45 pm
That is just freakin amazing! I betcha someone could figure out a knitting version too 4laugh  

gemini6184

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:59 am
LOVE it!!! As a gamer, and an old fashioned gamer, I'm in love. Please post the pattern. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:27 pm
The patterns are in a sub folder. Just clickie the linkie. heart

As I said, the eyes are a long DC, so just SC until you get to that row.

There's an error in the mini shroom pattern that I haven't corrected yet: The top row of peach/tan/whatever you use should actually be blue. sweatdrop So just drop the row with the eyes down 1, since there's supposed to be a row of tan above them.

I warn you: several pounds of black, and probably 6 skeins of gold and 4 of yellow (or more). I got away with 1 skein of each for all the other colors, but I over buy yarn anyway. whee (I also used acrylic, since it was cheap and I didn't know how much I'd need. Thank you, wal-Mart. wink )

I used a size H hook, and the squares (34 stitches X 33 rows) were roughly 10 " square, more or less. I didn't measure, since I was happy as long as they were all the same size. But that's a queen sized bed modeling the finished afghan, for reference.

@ Beboots: I'd love some sock ideas. Now that I'm making another afghan for my husband's boss gonk I need something small and fast for when I get tired of it. sweatdrop  

AriRashkae

gemini6184

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:35 pm
Oh wow, thank you so much for posting them in grid form 4laugh Couple more questions then ill leave you be sweatdrop

1) How many of each did you make?
2) I'm kinda confused on which is yellow and which is gold sweatdrop
3) About how wide would you say the border is?

I am SO going to knit this it is awesome heart (for any other knitters, size H crochet hook translates to an 8 in knitting needles 3nodding )  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:02 pm
Gemi - does the 1x1 grid work on knitting? i know it does with single crochet...

and in other news...

User Image MUCH MUCH LOVE! I want to make one real bad now. sweatdrop Not that i have like any time at all. I might start work on one in between working on my cosplays...  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Moondust28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:45 pm
I love it! It really makes me whish I knew how to crochet. I was taught a few years ago but i found it boring and quickly forgot. Strange, considering how much I love crosstitch.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff