Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
"I use good grammer." Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chaotic Nitemare

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:49 pm
Doesn't it just kill you when you hear someone say that?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:53 pm
No.

Spelling =/= Grammar.  

The Man who was Thursday

Cheerfulhope

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:56 pm
Chaotic Nitemare
Doesn't it just kill you when you hear someone say that?

Why would it? neutral That's correct.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:58 pm
I understand that they are using proper grammar and that they just spelled grammar incorrectly, but it still bothers me. [shrugs]

Chaotic Nitemare

Cheerfulhope

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:06 pm
Chaotic Nitemare
I understand that they are using proper grammar and that they just spelled grammar incorrectly, but it still bothers me. [shrugs]

Ok. Sorry. I'm an airhead. I didn't realize that they spelled it incorrectly. I spell it wrong sometimes too. ^-^; (Usually when I don't get enough sleep)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:54 pm
It's worse when you get "i use good grammer". gonk  

Marcus McFlufferson

limp dick

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:46 pm
It may be grammatically correct, but I feel that proper would be a better word than good.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:06 pm
Actually, it really irks me when people say that. I'm not even sure why, just a blatant announcement when one is not required gets on my very last nerve. Just show us you use proper grammar, damn it! (I just realized that grammar was spelled wrong on the first page XP)

People who say that are the kind of people out of whom I would like to slap the ********.  

Kurshami

Domenic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:06 am
Yes, especially when I've insulted them to oblivion and they say 'I can typ normaly anytime i want, I knoe good gramer.'

-shudders-  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:05 am
It does have an odd ring to it, so I just stick to saying "proper grammar" instead. The misspelling is the real killer. I knew a guy who used 'grammer' all the time, even when slamming others for some minor typo. It just makes me laugh.  

splashseal

Fluffy Bunny

19,225 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:09 am
"ur gramer suxxorz"

Oh, the humanity!

*dies a horrible, horrible death*  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:53 am
Yeah, I really can't stand improper grammar. It makes people sound stupid. I especially can't stand it when a teacher uses bad grammar or has a lot of typos. They went to school to teach us so they went to school for atleast 4 more years of English!  

YoTeAmo

TheWindySea

Liberal Autobiographer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:08 am
That's just... Wrong, on so many levels.

It is an annoyance for me when someone is typing in txt talk and they say they have good grammar. I don't use txt talk unless I'm in a hurry when sending a message to someone over my cell.

Gah! Where did the good grammar and spelling go?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:26 pm
If "grammar" is the only word misspelled in a request, I tend to overlook it. It is a very difficult word to spell properly, and I myself used to spell it with an E frequently. In fact, when I created this guild, I had to look "grammar" up in Google to be certain of the spelling.

What I hope is that those who are here will quickly realize the proper spelling and start using it. I will simply point out gently when it is not spelled properly.

I saw an "atleast" in this thread, which should be "at least". However, I judge that a typo.  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Shigures Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:28 pm
    Yes, I hate that! It reminds me of this story I heard from another Gaian about this girl who was pissing her off while typing in txt tlk, and when the Gaian confronted her about it, the girl merely replied (flamed is more like it, actually), "omg i skipped 2 grads an im in honrs french!!!!!!! so dont u tell me i hav bad grammer!!!!!!!!"

Horrible, isn't it? I feel so bad for the person who had to put up with her (I forgot the Gaian's name, silly me).

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff